MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

That has to be photoshopped photo. I'm sorry. But it doesn't take 2-3 days to get into Plattsburgh and back. Although there's a scheduled move from East New York to Jamaica with the for mentioned buses. I really just don't see it. If 8091 is in Jamaica than the others will follow suit.

That's the point: that trip couldn't have happened that fast, which leads me to think (along with other reasons) it's a new bus.

UP with 272 buses seems overcrowded

There are between 220-230 buses in weekday use at the depot. There is general a spare and maintenance factor of around 20 buses: Manhattanville has 238 buses, but 205-215 are used on weekdays. So UP's in-house total is probably more like 240-250 buses. 

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not photoshopped. I saw the bus in person after work.

It's also not the first time we've had more than one of a single numbered unit. We've had 2-3 variations of 6365 and 7560 all with different spec changes in them. That's a brand new bus.

The original may not get renumbered. It will probably be sent back to Nova as a demo unit.

Completely understood on that one.

Send ENY NG's WHOS WITH ME LOL !!!

You may get your wish.

I just saw two of the new Novas outside of JA. Either they're 8092 & 93, or the swap has begun with ENY.

If it's 8093. It should have ads, but no rear upper or lower ads.

I wonder how they will put rear ads on these buses. Since (MTA) don't have septa like rear ads. I wonder how this will work.

Was it in service? Because if not, most likely scrap.

its listed above and if it's scrap then it would be ECH scrap which is not

6137 as well C.S to ECH (with Eastchester logos)

2434 from Yukon to Ulmer Park

Edited by Calvin

You may get your wish.

If it's 8093. It should have ads, but no rear upper or lower ads.

I wonder how they will put rear ads on these buses. Since (MTA) don't have septa like rear ads. I wonder how this will work.

Neither of them had ads. I was on the Q85, so I couldn't really get a good view.

R179 8258, on 26 Sept 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

In IMO I don't think those Novas are leaving ENY. 1. Because they keep on getting more and more of those Novas 2. ENY just some 2 RTS to Ulmer Park 3. And why would the MTA wait until ENY Nova order is finish then send off to Jamaica.

Future ENY OP, on 26 Sept 2015 - 2:07 PM, said:

That's the same thing I say.

If buses were leaving from ENY to Jamaica the fair trade would be the same RTS buses inherited from ENY previously.

Yes, ENY just sent 4994 and 4995 to UP, and they might send more. Not understanding 4996 going to MJQ (that's another story).

Gotham Bus Co., on 26 Sept 2015 - 3:56 PM, said:

No, it's not confirmed and not likely. My guess is that somebody doesn't want to risk letting Jamaica get new buses too soon.

You know, sometimes bus movements take time...planning...seeing what could POSSIBLY be swapped. I mean SOME of you act like #8090-8119 was suppose to race over to Jamaica overnight. Get a grip!

Remember the swap between Queens Village (LFS) and Jamaica (NG #4400s)? Someone posted the news on the forums and then the swap began what...two to three weeks later?

I'd say give it time. Could be a few weeks before we see something.

A little over a week later...

8090 on Archer Ave and 153rd St... Jamaica Depot Stickers on it

I have pics to proof it

Don't know how to post them

Right after I posted I saw 8091... Took pics of that too

The swap must be happening

I just saw two of the new Novas outside of JA. Either they're 8092 & 93, or the swap has begun with ENY.

Surprise, surprise! I believe BOTH #8092-8093 are at Jamaica. Let the games begin!

Edited by The TransitMan

I don't see why eny would get ngs. That doesn't really help them regarding the many types of local buses they have to maintain. You just trade the lfs for ngs which still leaves them with the xd40s, rtss, and o7 og buses to deal with. At least if eny gets rtss back in return, they will be down to just 3 types and it better balances out the fleet age as they are young enough already with all the new buses they have and pushing out the oldest rtss to mta bus and queens.

I don't see why eny would get ngs. That doesn't really help them regarding the many types of local buses they have to maintain. You just trade the lfs for ngs which still leaves them with the xd40s, rtss, and o7 og buses to deal with. At least if eny gets rtss back in return, they will be down to just 3 types and it better balances out the fleet age as they are young enough already with all the new buses they have and pushing out the oldest rtss to mta bus and queens.

The NGs aren't that much different from the OGs from a maintenance standpoint.

Well, true, but the battery thing might take up some space though*. Not sure how many ogs they want to convert to lithium ion batteries. I still think rtss makes more sense as eny still has them and to increase the fleet age. But if jam sends over the ngs, then so be it.

*do they usually change the batteries after a while or are they changed somewhere else?

Edited by Grand Concourse

Well, true, but the battery thing might take up some space though*. Not sure how many ogs they want to convert to lithium ion batteries. I still think rtss makes more sense as eny still has them and to increase the fleet age. But if jam sends over the ngs, then so be it.

*do they usually change the batteries after a while or are they changed somewhere else?

The lead acid batteries are SUPPOSE to last for 5 years. They usually make it through 2 before a couple need to be changed. The lithium batteries are suppose to last for 7 years if iirc...

Lol if ENY was to get NGs... Who's NGs would they get

Because right now every move made is bus for bus...

And majority of the NGs that are out are on loan (Bronx Staten Island) and will be coming back to Bklyn

Logically speaking RTS looks like that's what would go back to ENY to replace the LFS.. Probably 1999 Novas from Flatbush

Once Flatbush gets back its NGs

Send ENY NG's WHOS WITH ME LOL !!!

You sound like my friend Dainel lol! 

8092 & 8093, yes. Both are in service this morning at JA. Roster is updated as a result, and to correct a error that was pointed out to me.

There's also an influx of 1999 Novas in Jamaica too

I'm seeing a lot of ex Flatbush units here... 5126... 5135... Is there an updated Rostor out ?

Also someone said they saw 8402 on the Q30...

Can we get a confirmation picture of that... Will be passing thru the Depot later... Will try to get pics of anything new

It's trackable on bus time so that should be enough right?

Could be a glitch, but it does match properly with the assignments.

There's also an influx of 1999 Novas in Jamaica too

I'm seeing a lot of ex Flatbush units here... 5126... 5135... Is there an updated Rostor out ?

Also someone said they saw 8402 on the Q30...

Can we get a confirmation picture of that... Will be passing thru the Depot later... Will try to get pics of anything new

5126 is on the B41, so I don't know what you mean.

5135 has been at JA. All updated on my end.