MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

it might be a loaner (before), sometimes Spring Creek gives a MCI to Far Rockaway b/c of shortage, sometimes it's needed or not (moved back and forth for example, 3229)

Yes, but it's always been FR's for as long as I can remember. I've never seen it on any SC route (it was on the 16/18 as well last week).

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so. We're gonna need more evidence, but there's a lot leaning towards it. The fact it would have been a two-day turnaround for a complete factory paintjob is what makes it seem the most likely, along with the new dash camera.

8972, 9027, 9122, 9348 JA to JK.

9122 JA to JK.

it's still at Jamaica at this time

Also, just a update:

-Bx18 is all Kingsbridge, no more Gun Hill rush hour trips

-the Q20A has trippers at Queens Village 

-the M116 out of Quill is only a one way rush hour tripper on school days only

Edited by Calvin

I think so. We're gonna need more evidence, but there's a lot leaning towards it. The fact it would have been a two-day turnaround for a complete factory paintjob is what makes it seem the most likely, along with the new dash camera.

8972, 9027, 9122, 9348 JA to JK.

There's only 1 8090.... It was sent to Jamaica when it first came... Then the order changed and it was sent to ENY... Now that Staten Island is priority... Basically the moves are based on what leaves Staten Island

SI receives LFS... Displaces NGs to the Bronx

In return the Bronx displaces the loaners back to Bklyn... Which in return displaces Buses to Queens

Right now the Orion V's have priority over RTS... Every depot that has Orion V's is getting NEW or NEWER buses... Everyone else BUT Jamaica at this point can wait...

And even the shift to Jamaica will be slow... But when it's all said and done

Jamaica will send the NGs to CS... Receive more LFS which should kill off majority of 96 Novas and whatever is left will be replaced by 99 Novas

My guess as to which Novas will replace them I would say Flatbush's 99 Novas will touch Queens

There's only 1 8090.... It was sent to Jamaica when it first came... Then the order changed and it was sent to ENY... Now that Staten Island is priority... Basically the moves are based on what leaves Staten Island

SI receives LFS... Displaces NGs to the Bronx

In return the Bronx displaces the loaners back to Bklyn... Which in return displaces Buses to Queens

Right now the Orion V's have priority over RTS... Every depot that has Orion V's is getting NEW or NEWER buses... Everyone else BUT Jamaica at this point can wait...

And even the shift to Jamaica will be slow... But when it's all said and done

Jamaica will send the NGs to CS... Receive more LFS which should kill off majority of 96 Novas and whatever is left will be replaced by 99 Novas

My guess as to which Novas will replace them I would say Flatbush's 99 Novas will touch Queens

I know how the moves work. I'm trying to explain that that 8090 cannot be the same bus.

It has a factory new paint job, new mirror covers, and new cameras inside. 8090 was last in service at ENY three days ago, and then this 8090 arrived at JA yesterday. Not to mention, 8090 was track-able for months, but this bus was offline yesterday. There is no way that bus went to Plattsburgh, got a full factory paintjob, minor interior spec change, and then returned in two days flat. 

ENY isn't getting anything from the Nova order, if they was, they'd be keeping the ones they have now, which it's evident they won't.

MHV, yeah I think it is a new 8090 too.

Via Girabaldi, it's cool lol.

And 5039 is on the B49 to Bed-Stuy, still has UP stickers.

I know how the moves work. I'm trying to explain that that 8090 cannot be the same bus.

It has a factory new paint job, new mirror covers, and new cameras inside. 8090 was last in service at ENY three days ago, and then this 8090 arrived at JA yesterday. Not to mention, 8090 was track-able for months, but this bus was offline yesterday. There is no way that bus went to Plattsburgh, got a full factory paintjob, minor interior spec change, and then returned in two days flat.

That has to be photoshopped photo. I'm sorry. But it doesn't take 2-3 days to get into Plattsburgh and back. Although there's a scheduled move from East New York to Jamaica with the for mentioned buses. I really just don't see it. If 8091 is in Jamaica than the others will follow suit.

That has to be photoshopped photo. I'm sorry. But it doesn't take 2-3 days to get into Plattsburgh and back. Although there's a scheduled move from East New York to Jamaica with the for mentioned buses. I really just don't see it. If 8091 is in Jamaica than the others will follow suit.

Its not a photoshop. That's how 8090 looks now.

It's not photoshopped. I saw the bus in person after work.

It's also not the first time we've had more than one of a single numbered unit. We've had 2-3 variations of 6365 and 7560 all with different spec changes in them. That's a brand new bus.

The original may not get renumbered. It will probably be sent back to Nova as a demo unit.

Edited by Cait Sith