MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold it one second.The newest RTS are the 1998s. 1998>2008(10)>2018(20)>2028(30)

Are you trying to say that we won't get rid of the RTS till 2028?

LMFAOOOOOOOOO this got me weak

Wait, so the Orion V was supposed to be dead now?

Edited by BlazingCyndaquil155

3266, 3269, 3400, 3403, 3406, 3414, 3417,3428 and 3431 are at YON with ECH stickers. I believe 3423 was on the BxM18 this PM but I need to double check it.   

IMO, the 99 O5s are holding up a lot better approaching retirement than the 95 O5. The ex CAS 4xxs were basically imploding and collapsing on a regular basis in KB territory, havent seen as much of that with the newer O5s.

I heard that they are "snowstorm" loaners. I heard that there weren't enough available buses for the storm. This info came from a YON driver.

Not to nitpick or anything, but your saying that the RTS is a POS/Junk is just an opinion as well, because it surely is not a fact. *Dante coughs as last Orions V is retired and RTS's are overhauled and getting new destination signs. Let's not forget the TA could have opted for more fishbowls as the last were not delivered until 1986. However, they went for the RTS and the rest is history.

They ONLY ordered the 6000 series buses because Flxible went out of business and they needed another 350 buses ASAP. They wanted RTS buses, but Nova didn't have any production slots. All the Orion V fans just got lucky. To this day MTA wishes they were 350 RTS models, and NOT the Orion V.

The newest RTS buses will be 30 as well when they retire, and according to TA facts and figures out of East New York, the RTS is not only their favorite, but the bus had the lowest maintenance cost of any bus they ever owned to date. A direct descendant of the Fishbowl. #Detroit #AllHail #NothingWillEverHoldACandle #JustTheFacts

If TA would have went with 350 Nova RTS's instead imagine the RTS fleet numbers would have been 4900-5599 wow total of 700 RTS buses.

Hold it one second.The newest RTS are the 1998s. 1998>2008(10)>2018(20)>2028(30)

Are you trying to say that we won't get rid of the RTS till 2028?

LMAO! Definitely a type! And the newest are actually 1999's. 5105-5249 They will be 20 when they retire.

If TA would have went with 350 Nova RTS's instead imagine the RTS fleet numbers would have been 4900-5599 wow total of 700 RTS buses.

And they sure wouldn't be retired like the Orion V's!  :rolleyes:

What's with College Point getting all of these old Staten Island MCIs? Those buses should be scrapped.  I'm familiar with most of these having rode them when I lived on Staten Island, and I pity the passengers that will have to deal with the sunken in seats and nails sticking them in the @ss.  Not a fun ride.  

What's with College Point getting all of these old Staten Island MCIs? Those buses should be scrapped.  I'm familiar with most of these having rode them when I lived on Staten Island, and I pity the passengers that will have to deal with the sunken in seats and nails sticking them in the @ss.  Not a fun ride.  

Give me a break. I've been on most of those MCIs when they hit College Point and they've been in fairly good condition(assuming all of that was fixed before they hit service). Meredith's buses are the best ones in the entire fleet because unlike the other depots, when Meredith finds defects, they fix it on the same day that bus pulls in and makes sure it doesn't come out until the defects are fixed. So basically, College Point is getting the better bunch of MCIs.

Edited by Cait Sith

Give me a break. I've been on most of those MCIs when they hit College Point and they've been in fairly good condition(assuming all of that was fixed before they hit service). Meredith's buses are the best ones in the entire fleet because unlike the other depots, when Meredith finds defects, they fix it on the same day that bus pulls in and makes sure it doesn't come out until the defects are fixed. So basically, College Point is getting the better bunch of MCIs.

That must be a recent thing then because when Meredith first opened, they got most of Castleton's MCIs and they were not in good shape.  How could Meredith pull buses anyway when they don't have a full depot?  In other words, where do they take their buses when they need to be maintained?  

That must be a recent thing then because when Meredith first opened, they got most of Castleton's MCIs and they were not in good shape.  How could Meredith pull buses anyway when they don't have a full depot?  In other words, where do they take their buses when they need to be maintained?  

It's not recent, it's been like that for a few years now. Of course it wouldn't be like that when they first opened because it wasn't fully set up.....

They can repair buses at their depot. They can do most except wash and fuel as far as I know. Fueling is split between Castleton and Yukon.

Edited by Cait Sith

It's not recent, it's been like that for a few years now. Of course it wouldn't be like that when they first opened because it wasn't fully set up.....

They can repair buses at their depot. They can do most except wash and fuel as far as I know. Fueling is split between Castleton and Yukon.

What I don't understand (and never have understood) is why isn't it a full depot?  That depot is in the middle of nowhere on Staten Island, so land shouldn't be an issue.