MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

And so it begins... Are those for local or SBS service?

Local. 

I believe 6031 is Tuskegee’s and 6125 is East New York’s. They are on loan for the time being. 

Ps edited because I thought they were sbs.

Edited by Brillant93

20 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Local. 

I believe 6031 is Tuskegee’s and 6125 is East New York’s. They are on loan for the time being. 

Ps edited because I thought they were sbs.

I believe the purpose of 6125 being at East New York is to test the depot's modification to see if it can hold articulated buses. Is that true?

1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I believe the purpose of 6125 being at East New York is to test the depot's modification to see if it can hold articulated buses. Is that true?

It’s not there yet but on the fleet and depot page it’s assigned to it. The depot itself is being modified to have artics. ENY is a large depot, I think the largest in Brooklyn so they can handle artics. The assigned XD60s won’t go to their right depots until later. 

On 3/4/2018 at 2:22 PM, Brillant93 said:

It’s not there yet but on the fleet and depot page it’s assigned to it. The depot itself is being modified to have artics. ENY is a large depot, I think the largest in Brooklyn so they can handle artics. The assigned XD60s won’t go to their right depots until later. 

So when the 17 new XD60’s and 39 new XD40’s come in, by then, the 60 RTS buses will start to be retired?

On 3/1/2018 at 4:36 AM, East New York said:

5187 GA to EN 

Note: 2 LFS went to GH but I misplaced the sheet with the numbers and the Depot they came from. And I'm not going through all 41 to see which ones they are. Anywho, the roster was updated about 8 hours ago so all transfers reflect.

and those LFS are 8418 and 8422 from Jamaica.

Edited by The TransitMan

4 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

8446 JAM to GH. It’s in the Bx30 now, with JAM stickers on it.

Most likely a snow loan: Queens always sends buses to the Bronx during these storms, and with it being a weekday schedule tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if many more loans showed up.

17 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

and those LFS are 8418 and 8422 from Jamaica.

Are those Gun Hill's to keep or are they loans for the snow?

On 3/4/2018 at 2:22 PM, Brillant93 said:

It's actually artic ready and they had 6030 I believe it was for depot maneuvering already and they repaired it for JK. So they already started maintenance training and logistics to get ready for the inevitable.

On 3/6/2018 at 6:57 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

So when the 17 new XD60’s and 39 new XD40’s come in, by then, the 60 RTS buses will start to be retired?

'99 RTS' will only be retired when buses are beyond repair. RTS life was extended to 2020. The 96's are now 22 years old and the last are on the way out the door. 

13 minutes ago, East New York said:

It's actually artic ready and they had 6030 I believe it was for depot maneuvering already and they repaired it for JK. So they already started maintenance training and logistics to get ready for the inevitable.

'99 RTS' will only be retired when buses are beyond repair. RTS life was extended to 2020. The 96's are now 22 years old and the last are on the way out the door. 

Was the reason for the RTS life extension to 2020 because of the L train Shutdown needing additional buses, or are the L train shuttle buses covered by the 96 new XD40 buses coming in 2018-2019?

5 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Like standing by the door or physically walking out? Unless I'm missing something, I would  assume they're gonna be standing near the door unless MTAB gets new buses soon?

It could be possible to displace some 6000 Hybrids to MTA when the first Xcelsiors/LFS arrive.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Not just the 2003-04 models