New Flyer C40LF Archive Thread

East New York

Wow, the RTS T80-206 model must have been the most popular design since that one outlasted the other models.

Okay here's a question for you guys: what style signage do you want to see on these 2011 C40LFs, Luminator (Horizon/Titan) or Axion signs? I actually like the Axion signs, I'd hope to see them on the future bus orders. If you know another type of signage post it.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, the RTS T80-206 model must have been the most popular design since that one outlasted the other models.

Okay here's a question for you guys: what style signage do you want to see on these 2011 C40LFs, Luminator (Horizon/Titan) or Axion signs? I actually like the Axion signs, I'd hope to see them on the future bus orders. If you know another type of signage post it.

Horizons pls!

I'd like to see the horizon! The titans are okay and ewww the Axion Signs! :P

This just sucks, the closest operator to NYC with LFR's is Septa, and I don't think they even have regular ones, some trackless trolley bus. I guess the next best thing is Maryland MTA and WAMTA for LFRs.

The 2010 [8340-8459] and 2011 [8460-8559] NF hybrids are the LFR's, and I must say that they look damn fine!

Luminator Titan

New Flyer C40LF Base Order 135, Option 1 order 250. (185-569)

Pilot Buses: #185 Spring Creek and #230 West Farms.

KRgoods465.jpg

KRgoods473.jpg

Photo Courtesy KNIGHTRIDER3:16

185-208: Spring Creek (24) September-October

209-229: College Point (21) October-November

230-283: West Farms (54) November-December

284-319: Jackie Gleason (36) December-January 2012

Option 1 Preliminary assignments. (Not yet confirmed or set in stone)

320-345: Spring Creek (26) January 2012-February 2012

346-398: College Point (53) February-April

399-569: Jackie Gleason (171) April-October

Option 2 (if exercised) for 90 buses (570-659) will likely be delivered October 2012-January 2013

All delivery dates and assignments subject to change.

185-208: Spring Creek (24) September-October

209-229: College Point (21) October-November

230-283: West Farms (54) November-December

284-319: Jackie Gleason (36) December-January 2012

Option 1 Preliminary assignments. (Not yet confirmed or set in stone)

320-345: Spring Creek (26) January 2012-February 2012

346-398: College Point (53) February-April

399-569: Jackie Gleason (171) April-October

Option 2 (if exercised) for 90 buses (570-659) will likely be delivered October 2012-January 2013

All delivery dates and assignments subject to change.

I always wondered about that... What do they go by to decide if they'll exercise the option to order more of a certain make of a bus?

EEEE.....this is a C40LF not restyled? W T F !!! Those are still built? So even the manufactor doesn't know what he is doing?

The last 3 LF customers were MTA, DDOT, & SMART of Detroit from what I understand. SMART took delivery of a couple D60LF's in November. DDOT took delivery of 50 D40LF's in the beginning of last year. New Flyer doesn't make them anymore except by special arrangement. Technically they have been discontinued for quite some time now. The LFR (restyled) series is scheduled to be discontinued in 2012/2013.

Calm down first off. Second off, the MTA Payed EXTRA Fore more of these buses.

That's what everybody thought at first. But after reviewing some documents, I find out that was not the case at all! The C40LF's, XD40's and XD60's are going to be purchased for a steal!!!

The final option of this CNG order conveniently calls for 90 buses. I see XC40's on the horizon!B)

I always wondered about that... What do they go by to decide if they'll exercise the option to order more of a certain make of a bus?

There are many different factors such as funding, availability, cost at time of contract signing, delivery timetables, fleet replacement programs, product negotiations, etc.

Archived