The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will these have the wide doors?

Yes. That is to be the only option for the low floor.

Note: I will no longer be posting any updates on the RTS LF untill further notice. The only questions I will be answering will be limited, and will pertain to previously posted information ONLY.

Official Notice - Any previously posted information is not to be quoted, posted, or reproduced in any manner, on any other website, or in any publication without my prior concent.

Any and all future posts, photos, and other information will also be held to the same standard, as they are intellectual property of myself, NYC Transit Forums, and/or Millennium Transit Services. Anyone who does not adhere to this notice will be subject to penalty under United States law - Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Providing a link to said postings is allowed without prior concent.

Thank you all for your understand in this matter, as well as your continued patronage of NYC Transit Forums.

-I have confirmed the MTA is willing to take another look at DesignLine if they can produce a bus that does not need to be heavily serviced every 300 hours! #FAIL:tdown:

-MTA is also extremely interested in how Millennium will fare when it comes to the RTS LF.

-The TA is also gearing up to order a test fleet of 90 New Flyer Xcelsior Articulated models. New Flyer is working closely with the MTA to ensure the quality of the bus is up to MTA specifications and requirements. If the TA decides to go with the diesel model over the CNG, this could be the first order NF has received for the model. If all options are exercized for the C40LFR as expected, we will be taking delivery of 745 New Flyer coaches.

The contract award is now expected by June.

-As most everyone knows at this time, the NF XDE40 received rave reviews, from passengers, drivers, and other MTA personnel. The 90 test buses will definitely be XD40's.

-At this time, due to the fact that New Flyer will be providing the TA with articulated buses, the order for the next batch of Nova LFS artics could be broken up, or still remain at 328 units as it stands now.

-At this time, the MTA remains committed to testing different models from different manufacturers. This means we will MORE THAN LIKELY see MTS make it's debut in the City of New York with the new RTS!

Future (award) procurements at a glance

-90 New Flyer Artics due June 2011

-328 Nova Artics pending, and due July 2011

-99 OTR Express coaches due December 2011

-425 Standard 40 foot buses due in 2012(may be broken up into more test fleets)

-89 OTR Express coaches due in 2012

-100 Artics due in 2012

Stay tuned!!:cool:

Future (award) procurements at a glance

-90 New Flyer Artics due June 2011

-328 Nova Artics pending, and due July 2011

-99 OTR Express coaches due December 2011

-425 Standard 40 foot buses due in 2012(may be broken up into more test fleets)

-89 OTR Express coaches due in 2012

-100 Artics due in 2012

Stay tuned!!:cool:

This makes me shed a tear or two, it'll be a sad day when the 1000s get wiped out like the 8600s....

And are these orders supposed to be retiring the oldest RTS in service today/old artics/the New Flyer C40s in service now?

thats the plan but also the MTA is look looking at rebuilting some of the RTS , D60HF's and V's to keep them running to at least 2016 IIRC

thats the plan but also the MTA is look looking at rebuilting some of the RTS , D60HF's and V's to keep them running to at least 2016 IIRC

That plan is a go. They will be overhauling select buses of all those models.

And are these orders supposed to be retiring the oldest RTS in service today/old artics/the New Flyer C40s in service now?

The oldest Orion V, RTS, and D60's will be retired. I expect to see some of those around until damn near 2020 though. Especially because they are high floors. Some of the C40's will be sticking around as well.

This makes me shed a tear or two, it'll be a sad day when the 1000s get wiped out like the 8600s....

I tried to act like I didn't even see that comment! You just have to remind us!:(

Designline pt. 2? I like how that sounds :cool:

I wouldn't hold my breath ducky! They got some serious engine and HVAC work to do on that thing first.

I wouldn't hold my breath ducky! They got some serious engine and HVAC work to do on that thing first.

I know they do...I thought that C65 turbine was good enough since the RFK fail, but oh well, we'll see. Probably sure they gonna work on the battery problem as well

BTW imma pretend like I didn't just hear you call me ducky :(

I know they do...I thought that C65 turbine was good enough since the RFK fail, but oh well, we'll see. Probably sure they gonna work on the battery problem as well

BTW imma pretend like I didn't just hear you call me ducky :(

Lol! I hope you didn't hear me call you anything!:eek:

I tried to act like I didn't even see that comment! You just have to remind us!:P

It's very bittersweet for me. The whole fact that the 8600s were gone in one swoop made me dislike the whole thing about new bus orders. While new buses is helping out by a ton, its a very bittersweet feeling knowing that some of the best buses are getting eliminated...the whole fact that about 60-70 1000 series artics left 126th & 100th Street (In return for the 5400s from Gun Hill)all in one shot in place of the LFSAs struck a negative vibe from me. Even though the 1000s were in the worst shape of their lives, it sucks!

Lol! I hope you didn't hear me call you anything!:eek:

LMAO! How clever!

I'm being told today the the next order for 99 express coaches will likely go to MCI.

MTA currently has a Cummins ISX 11.9 liter, 425hp with engine brake/Allison B500 powered D4500CT demo on the property. I'm told the bus is testing out of Spring Creek for right now, and may be in revenue service in short order.

Pics and vids will be posted shortly. Stay tuned!:cool:

I'm being told today the the next order for 99 express coaches will likely go to MCI.

MTA currently has a Cummins ISX 11.9 liter, 425hp with engine brake/Allison B500 powered D4500CT demo on the property. I'm told the bus is testing out of Spring Creek for right now, and may be in revenue service in short order.

Pics and vids will be posted shortly. Stay tuned!:cool:

I guess the (MTA) and MCI have kissed and made up from the problems they have been having in the last couple of years. It'll be good to have some more new MCI's in the fleet and more variety in the Express Bus department with Prevost in the picture. Thanks for the update ENY. :tup:

Archived