The Original Test Fleet Discussion

East New York

Could the new Orion VII E10/3G's that MTA will soon take delivery of be the best buses to come out of Daimler Buses North America? Ever?

Short Answer: Yes! :P

XD60>Shaker Test>Pass!:cool:

Wow, this is some exciting news!!!!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I am being told diesel. It was never really clear at first as these will be the first diesel Xcelsior artics off the line.

so when are we gonna see the first 1 roaming the city streets?

I aint gonna lie but all this news is Overwhelming :)

I can't wait to see these KRB44ltd.jpg

Besides the new RTS and these I am excited to the (Mx)ax

Now the pilots for this one (XD40) are due in in a couple weeks, and delivery of the 90 are due to begin next month!:cool:

CAS, UP and QV.

that doesn't make sense...why would they send 90 more brand new buses to 3 depots that just took delivery of brand new buses. if it were up to me i would send 30 to ENY, 30 to CS, and 30 to MJQ...

that doesn't make sense...why would they send 90 more brand new buses to 3 depots that just took delivery of brand new buses. if it were up to me i would send 30 to ENY, 30 to CS, and 30 to MJQ...

It's what's outlined in the 90 bus test program. It would be nice for all 360 buses to be spread across the system but they will be confined to CA, UP and QV unfortunately. The other depots will definitely see new buses when the next CNG, LFSA and MCI order comes in.

What depots will the buses end up at?

40 Foot Bus Test & Evaluation Program (30 buses each depot)

Novabus LFS

• 8000-8029: Castleton (May)

• 8030-8059: Ulmer Park (May - June)

• 8060-8089: Queens Village (July)

New Flyer XD40

• 4810-4839: Castleton (August - October)

• 4840-4869: Ulmer Park (October - November)

• 4870-4899: Queens Village (November - December)

Orion VII E10/3G

• 7000-7029: Castleton (September - October)

• 7030-7059: Ulmer Park (October - November)

• 7060-7089: Queens Village (November - December)

45 Foot Express BT&E

Prevost X3-45

• 2400-2449: Yukon (50) : (October - December)

• 2450-2489: Ulmer Park (40) : (December 2011 - January 2012)

60 Foot BT&E (Depot Assignments To Be Announced)

New Flyer XD60

• 5770-5859: (June 2012 - January 2013)

*Subject to change*

I just hope the 3G CNGs turn out like the '11 NG CNGs here - just with a different seat configuration. Those things have smooth rides for low floors. You seriously will hate that rear grille, though, be forewarned.

I actually like it.:cool:

Um, QV hasn't gotten anything new since the original VII OG.

Part of the reason why CAS, UP & QV are assigned to get these buses are in terms of balancing fleet age. CAS needs them possibly to bump off some of their 6000's to other depots to retire the 600's that are left in the fleet. UP & QV have got some/most of the oldest buses in the system now & they need to be replaced eventally. As a matter of fact Until the LFS UP haven't recieved any new batches of buses since the 96's RTS. As for QV they haven't gotten anything since the OG's (as mentioned above). So if any two buses needed new buses it would be UP & QV.

Um, QV hasn't gotten anything new since the original VII OG.

Part of the reason why CAS, UP & QV are assigned to get these buses are in terms of balancing fleet age. CAS needs them possibly to bump off some of their 6000's to other depots to retire the 600's that are left in the fleet. UP & QV have got some/most of the oldest buses in the system now & they need to be replaced eventally. As a matter of fact Until the LFS UP haven't recieved any new batches of buses since the 96's RTS. As for QV they haven't gotten anything since the OG's (as mentioned above). So if any two buses needed new buses it would be UP & QV.

the only reason QV hasn't taken delivery of their 30 Nova LFS's is b/c Nova is going through all of the buses to make sure they catch all of the manufacturing defects that they know of (panels falling off, ac compressor plate shearing the bolt heads off, drive shafts falling out etc...)

the only reason QV hasn't taken delivery of their 30 Nova LFS's is b/c Nova is going through all of the buses to make sure they catch all of the manufacturing defects that they know of (panels falling off, ac compressor plate shearing the bolt heads off, drive shafts falling out etc...)

30 buses isn't gonna cut it. They have at least 70 buses that need to be retired because of age. This is a golden opportunity to test out new buses and directly knock out the older ones in one shot.

Cas, UP, n QV are designated TRANSIT test depots. Again these buses are all test buses. The NOVAS at CAS are different designs from the NOVAS at UP and from QV. they all have differences some obvious others not. Thats the reason for the test depots.

IMO I really think they should take at least one operator from each division to the purchase/spec meetings for the only true input that makes sense! I mean, we are the ones on the damn buses all day everyday. We can tell them things about the buses that the pencil pushers couldn't even fathom!!! LOL B)

IDK about those other two depots, but UP needs at least the other 30 buses to retire those old 96 Novas that are there. Its gonna be interesting to see what buses the 30 Orions will push out though.

What buses was tested at MTABus?

055 @ JFK and the NG demo @ BP.

IDK about those other two depots, but UP needs at least the other 30 buses to retire those old 96 Novas that are there. Its gonna be interesting to see what buses the 30 Orions will push out though.

055 @ JFK and the NG demo @ BP.

There were three demos at Baisley Park tested.

Archived