NY1 Exclusive: Video Shows Subway Motorman Texting As He Runs Train

NYCTSignals

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another thing. Those people in that video saying they dont feel safe. I mean come on, those are people that know nothing about how trains work. I feel 10x safer on a train then a car. You have deadmans then BIE, you have trippers then BIE. A car you have 1 second to look away then you can be in someones ass.

And another thing. Those people in that video saying they dont feel safe. I mean come on, those are people that know nothing about how trains work. I feel 10x safer on a train then a car. You have deadmans then BIE, you have trippers then BIE. A car you have 1 second to look away then you can be in someones ass.

That b#$%h in the first clip is disgusting. Shes carrying on that way because shes putting on a show for the camera. What an idiot. Its repulsive how shes using the situation to put on a show for the camera so she can laugh about it with her friends...The public are useless tools... The person who shot the cell phone video is a spineless coward. He didnt need to run to the news like some little weak ass sissy whistle blower. Say something to the t/o or to the MTA, why the news? so you can stand their with a shit eating grin and tell everyone what a good samaritan you are?

That b#$%h in the first clip is disgusting. Shes carrying on that way because shes putting on a show for the camera. What an idiot. Its repulsive how shes using the situation to put on a show for the camera so she can laugh about it with her friends...The public are useless tools... The person who shot the cell phone video is a spineless coward. He didnt need to run to the news like some little weak ass sissy whistle blower. Say something to the t/o or to the MTA, why the news? so you can stand their with a shit eating grin and tell everyone what a good samaritan you are?

Well said! The public is more usless then anything. I bet this guy will be on cell phone hunting for the MTA, or for himself to make himself feel good.

That is my home line. That's so terrible. I take both (7)<7> in morning also.

Slight little off-topic, (NJT) Hoboken-bound HBLR was operating lightrail train while drinking juice.

Another time during my MegaBus trip to DC, I have caught Chinatown Bus speeding while B/O was eating lunch.

Yuki 'speeding' is another topic. The question/issue besides this T/O being caught texting on the (7)line is that have you seen a Train or Bus operator use their cell phone or were texting?:eek:

My take after seeing this video is this. I think a 30-day suspension w/o is warranted and if it happens again then he should be fired. I also think the guy who taped this video that got this T/O busted should have just went to the (MTA) instead.

I also seen (not often)seen Bus Drivers on Westchester Beeline, and on few NYCT/(MTA)buses chat for a minute or two usually late evenings or when the bus has only a few riders and not suspecting to be caught.:tdown:

FYI. A question for the (MTA) staff i.e Bus and Train Opeartors etc? How serious does the customer service dept. at NYC Transit handles complaints and violation issues that a caller makes? Is it handled?

I called couple of times when a Bus Driver was talking on his cell while driving and nothing seemed to happen. Maybe the guy who sent this video to NY1 realizes that by calling customer service, little is done unless a major citywide media group is involved.:eek:

I think people are overreacting. If he want's to text while operating a muitl-ton 510 foot train, who are we to chastise him about it? If he wants to text, or down a 40 of Budweiser, or snort a line in the cab, who are we to judge?

Whistle blowers like this are the ones who screwed up Metrolink in LA.

I think people are overreacting. If he want's to text while operating a muitl-ton 510 foot train, who are we to chastise him about it? If he wants to text, or down a 40 of Budweiser, or snort a line in the cab, who are we to judge?

Time to get the newspaper up!

FYI. A question for the (MTA) staff i.e Bus and Train Opeartors etc? How serious does the customer service dept. at NYC Transit handles complaints and violation issues that a caller makes? Is it handled?

I called couple of times when a Bus Driver was talking on his cell while driving and nothing seemed to happen. Maybe the guy who sent this video to NY1 realizes that by calling customer service, little is done unless a major citywide media group is involved.:eek:

they take it serious and will investigate. i was approached about an incident, with a print out of the e-mail complaint a customer sent to a GM through the mta website, less than a week after it happened.

Ok but what if there was a track gang or signal maintainer on the tracks? What if there was a customer on the roadbed? Once this guy is IDed, he will be out of service and looking at time in the street if not worse. There is no excuse for his actions, but the person who took the video went about it the wrong way. Instead of giving the video to the press he/she should have gone right to the TA with this.

100% right because i was flagging in the area for contractors on friday. it sucks because i used to work with him and he is a good guy but he was wrong and probably will be fired so that an example is made. thats also why i cover my cab door window. i dont need people over my shoulder while i work.

they take it serious and will investigate. i was approached about an incident, with a print out of the e-mail complaint a customer sent to a GM through the mta website, less than a week after it happened.

I got a complaint a few weeks ago and got pulled into the office 3days after it happened. All over a argument over a xfer.

tsk tsk thats so dangerous. and I actually ran into that T/O last week! same exact guy! I'm somewhere in the video recording the train @ Grand Central

but, thats ridicolous! what if there was construction ahead and he blasted right through there, or, if someone was on the tracks? sheesh I'd be scared to be on that ➐ train.

tsk tsk thats so dangerous. and I actually ran into that T/O last week! same exact guy! I'm somewhere in the video recording the train @ Grand Central

but, thats ridicolous! what if there was construction ahead and he blasted right through there, or, if someone was on the tracks? sheesh I'd be scared to be on that ➐ train.

If there was construction, im sure he wouldnt have been texting. Because he would have been blowing the horn, which would have required the use of the 2nd hand.

So you think it's okay for train operators, even with all the safeguards and failsafes the subway and its trains have, to snort coke or drink on the job?

I guess you can say the same to people who drive while texting or drunk...

Both motorists, cars, bikes, bicycles, train/lightrail operators, bus operators need to stop TEXT MESSAGE; TALKING ON CELL PHONE, and other distractions while operating vehicles.

I have seen Q72 and Q48 B/O used cell phone behind the wheel, well as LIB B/O around Green Acres Mall.

even walking, STOP TEXTING.

Streets are dangerous, now the sidewalks.

S/F,

CEYA!

I got a complaint a few weeks ago and got pulled into the office 3days after it happened. All over a argument over a xfer.

that's not too bad, I know a T/O who had a letter written because he wears glasses... You can't make this shit up.

Anyway, this guy f**ked up and he picked a really bad time to do this and if I were a gambling man, I would put my money on him losing his job just to send a message. The MBTA up in Boston has a policy of automatic termination for cell phone use and they will get your phone records to prove it.

Archived