Two Suns in 2012? It Could Happen

MHV9218

Can we stop with this bullshit. The World will not end on 12/21/12, 10/21/11 or any date in the near future for that matter. The World can end at any random time.

Good point. There is no "END". We will probably find a new home planet (Avitar anyone?) and just live there.

Thanks for correcting me. Also the nearest star that is about to go supernova would be Rho Cassiopeiae. The star is a yellow supergiant, and has already ran out of most of it's hydrogen, and is almost out of helium. This would mean this star could have already exploded, but since the star is 10,000 light years away the light would take a long time to reach us. The star has massive explosions that if you can see it with a telescope you can tell that this star is extremely unstable, and recently another large explosion might be imminent.

The original article was bull and was just to build up apocalyptica hype but it did lead to an interesting discussion on space and stars.

My 3 cents, any supernova will not be almost as bright and radiant as the sun. And say if a star went supernova nova next year, it would take years for the light to even reach earth. The world is gonna end when the sun turns into a giant star or when we all die because of nuclear war. And none of that will happen soon.

Nah there are such things as real 2 star systems. They are called binary systems. They are real, and they are something similar to a couple.

Here is proof.

This is the closest binary star pair to Earth (Sirius A & :P 7.5 light years away.

Sirius_1sec_RGB.jpg

Satellite radio is overrated ;)

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The sun, like any other stars will eventually run out of gas and die. And when that does, its gonna expand big enough to swallow the first 4 planets

...But that's like 5 billion years from now so we good

The world didn't end in 2000, or on 06/06/06 so bring on 2012. I'm seriously gonna throw a party that day

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The sun, like any other stars will eventually run out of gas and die. And when that does, its gonna expand big enough to swallow the first 4 planets

...But that's like 5 billion years from now so we good

The world didn't end in 2000, or on 06/06/06 so bring on 2012. I'm seriously gonna throw a party that day

Yeah but look what came out of it? alot of Crappy movies.Remember End of Days of day starring Arnold Schwarzenegger?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Reading this werid things about Universe and the World ending makes me laugh xDD

Like ya ok.. If the world was really to end we'd have to be prepared and garbage.. I'm sure we will make it to 2013.. Those who believe in this crap can stay in 2012 for good.

Theres a positive future ahead of us.. Not this make believe junk people make up.

Just like 2040+ when the whole earth will be covered in water due to the polar caps already melting.. Yeah it could happen since we are under Global Warming but things can change if we improve with the environment.

The X86 Micro-chip to malfunction in 2038, im sure to believe on.. Especially since X86-X64 CPUs is being migrated.

But the president's been running over our constitution just like they run over Howard Stern on Sirius Radio :P

Has he? Well I guess for someone like myself who follows politics, I sure missed that one.

Besides, even if that was the truth, what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Has he? Well I guess for someone like myself who follows politics, I sure missed that one.

Besides, even if that was the truth, what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Someone mentioned satellite radio because of the star with the name Sirius, which is also satellite radio.

Archived