SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/22/2023 at 5:56 PM, Kamen Rider said:

cha cha cha cha cha!

I got XL No-orth!

cha cha cha cha cha!

Sorry, I'm in a good mood. no more running all over town like a maniac. carry on. 

Welcome and enjoy!!!  Maybe I'll hear your voice in passing...

The (Q) train yesterday had about 2 train sets  this past Monday. Not sure if the AM rush (R) tripper was kept on the (Q) the whole day. Around 5 PM at Times Square, I got on a Alstom A-2 set to Sheepshead Bay. Cars were 9797-9793 and 9588-9592. Another set that was told: 8818-8822 and 9823-9827 B Kawasaki units. 

Edited by Calvin

21 hours ago, Calvin said:

The (Q) train yesterday had about 2 train sets  this past Monday. Not sure if the AM rush (R) tripper was kept on the (Q) the whole day. Around 5 PM at Times Square, I got on a Alstom A-2 set to Sheepshead Bay. Cars were 9797-9793 and 9588-9592. Another set that was told: 8818-8822 and 9823-9827 B Kawasaki units. 

Yea R160’s are going to pop up regularly on the (N) or (Q) if the shop is overwhelmed with keeping up with the vandalism of the R46/68/68A’s which also have been running to death.

13 hours ago, VIP said:

Yea R160’s are going to pop up regularly on the (N) or (Q) if the shop is overwhelmed with keeping up with the vandalism of the R46/68/68A’s which also have been running to death.

Cant wait to see those R160s rolling again in Astoria. 

Also, this is all because now a lot of train cars don't get shop-time since midday service was expanded on the B division: particularly the (C)(N)(R) lines.

If you look at the schedule for the (A)(C) now, the (C) now needs two extra trains (plus the extra train that comes from 207 St as the (A) to Euclid Av in the morning) to run midday service every 8 minutes, which then switches back to the (A) for rush hour service when the (C) goes back to 10 minute headways. 

If you look at the schedule for the (N)(W) , all 23 (N) trains that ran in the morning must now run the whole day (the 86 St (N) trips now all go to Coney Island), and I think one of the 86 St (W) trips gets changed to an (N) train and re-starts service at Stillwell Av, while the other starts service from Brooklyn at 4:35PM going back to Astoria as the (W).

All four of these routes are dominated by the R46s, which are now not getting any shop time.

Add the (Q) train to the mix, which had all of its trains run the same headways (minus one or two trains in the AM rush) for the entire day, plus a low R46 spare factor.

On 12/2/2023 at 3:52 PM, FLX9304 said:

This is a Times Square bound Zero train. The next & last stop is Times Square. Stand clear of the closing doors! 

Honestly, I always think it's a bit unique how the MTA labels short routes as "shuttles" (S). In most cities, short lines are just assigned a normal colour/letter/name like any other line, Examples include Waterloo & City line in London or the Yellow Line in Chicago

Quick question: what happened to the (A) line recently? Today I was waiting for an uptown train at Columbus Circle during the AM rush and I kid you not, for 35 minutes, NOTHING BUT R46s were coming in both directions. And even on my trip uptown to 168 St, nothing but R46s passed us (I came up on the (C)) in both directions. Did the MTA pull all the R179s and R211s off the (A)?

4 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Quick question: what happened to the (A) line recently? Today I was waiting for an uptown train at Columbus Circle during the AM rush and I kid you not, for 35 minutes, NOTHING BUT R46s were coming in both directions. And even on my trip uptown to 168 St, nothing but R46s passed us (I came up on the (C)) in both directions. Did the MTA pull all the R179s and R211s off the (A)?

That’s physically impossible. We don’t have enough R46s on hand in Pitkin’s fleet to do that. 

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

That’s physically impossible. We don’t have enough R46s on hand in Pitkin’s fleet to do that. 

And although there have been more ENY R179s on the (C) line running, I've seen far fewer R179s on the (A) and R160As on the (C) than before (just seemed like there weren't t any these past couple of days), including the waiting time.

Today it has been the worse day to take the (7) during rush hours, both AM and PM rush hours were horrible today, very disappointing for MTA, now it would’ve been a different case if these interruptions happened during midday, but these incidents occurred during rush hours, were there will be massive crowding, horrible (7) service today

https://pix11.com/video/man-arrested-after-threatening-mta-train-conductor-with-gun-nypd/9271486/

On Tuesday, December 20th morning on the (B) there was an individual showing a gun to the conductor so, she could open the doors. But, was arrested at the location. Glad that the crew and passengers are okay from this chaos. 

13 minutes ago, Calvin said:

https://pix11.com/video/man-arrested-after-threatening-mta-train-conductor-with-gun-nypd/9271486/

On Tuesday, December 20th morning on the (B) there was an individual showing a gun to the conductor so, she could open the doors. But, was arrested at the location. Glad that the crew and passengers are okay from this chaos. 

WTF?  Are people THAT impatient to get on a train that they would point a GUN at a conductor?  Some people are just. that. stupid.

13 hours ago, Calvin said:

If she did not acquiesce to the threat, maybe the gunman would not have gotten onto the train to threaten the passengers too? The conductor made a very stupid decision there to put her passengers at risk.

29 minutes ago, CenSin said:

If she did not acquiesce to the threat, maybe the gunman would not have gotten onto the train to threaten the passengers too? The conductor made a very stupid decision there to put her passengers at risk.

You might be forgetting that her life is also on the line as well. This was a lose-lose situation, doesn't matter if she let the dude on or not. I'm just glad it didn't lead to anything worse because I get the feeling bro would've either got a shot off on her or started shooting at the train had she not and who knows what would've happened.