SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Like I said numerous times they're not gonna last long on the (6), they can't handle the load like in the past, I don't see what's so damn hard to give the (6) R142's from somewhere else and place the R62A's elsewhere

So that would mean the MTA has to remove those LED signs which would defeat the purpose of them having it. I don't think there is nothing they can do at this point. The Lexington Ave line is extremely crowded as it is and the only hope is the 2nd Ave line which phase I isn't going to be completed for a few more years.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They wouldn't have to do anything with those indicator lights. They don't have to be in use.

Oh OK. If they don't stay on the (6) where would they go. If they go on the (4) it will have the same problem as they did on the (6). Maybe the (4) could give all their R142A's to the 6 and they both get the R62A's so they both could be split NTT and R62A.

So, I take the (1) train to school and I usually look toward the southbound platform of Cortlandt street and always see people working in it, but no real structure. One day, I decided to look at the northbound side, and yes it's mostly boarded up, but at the northernmost end, there are no more boards and you can see inside. There seems to be an actual platform structure with actual exits. This is making me believe that the northbound platform will be the first to open. Especially since all of the WTC buildings are now at or above street level already and therefore, their construction should not be an issue for that side.

At forest hills I looked carefully under the late night E sign on the local track and I read

G To 179 St

via Local

Late Nights

The G ran to 179 St in the late 80s and '90s. The F went to 57 St or 21 St

I also saw something weird, on the Queensbound local track at 71st toward the Western end of the station

I saw an 8 car marker facing the western way. What would be a reason for this to be there?

Using Tapatalk

Edited by Union Tpke

If they go on the (4) it will have the same problem as they did on the (6)

Not really, the problem on the (6) is that the longer loading times have a big effect since it's such a stop and go line. Not so for the (4), which has long express patches.

that's why I do my best to avoiud the (2)

You do you lol.

Question. I want to take the Express Bus to school today, but I have a regular unlimited metrocard. HOWEVER. I have about 41 buck on the same card. Will the farebox deduct the money or just reject the card altogether because it's not the express bus plus card?

You have way too much time on your hands

Sure mr physchic. Beautiful logic just beautiful.

Not really, the problem on the (6) is that the longer loading times have a big effect since it's such a stop and go line. Not so for the (4), which has long express patches.

You do you lol.

:lol:

Question. I want to take the Express Bus to school today, but I have a regular unlimited metrocard. HOWEVER. I have about 41 buck on the same card. Will the farebox deduct the money or just reject the card altogether because it's not the express bus plus card?

It will take the money off the card when you dip.

At forest hills I looked carefully under the late night E sign on the local track and I read G To 179 St via Local Late Nights The G ran to 179 St in the late 80s and '90s. The F went to 57 St or 21 St I also saw something weird, on the Queensbound local track at 71st toward the Western end of the station I saw an 8 car marker facing the western way. What would be a reason for this to be there? Using Tapatalk

It is used for a train leaving the turnaround tracks and going back to 179 or Parsons.

Where's the connection between the two lines?

Went to Broadway Lafayette after West 4th upper then went to Essex.

Went to Broadway Lafayette after West 4th upper then went to Essex.

This man is correct. The (C) switches to the 6 Avenue line south of West 4 Street. East of Broadway–Lafayette, the (C) switches again to Essex Street by traversing the Chrystie cut.

(And damn. I rushed here to post, but he beat me to it.)

I'm not quite sure WHAT was going on, but there were issues on both the Rutgers and Cranberry lines this morning. They were already turning (F) 's at 2 Av (as well as the (A) turning at Chambers on the spur track), so I think the tower at Essex realized that the (C) s could go to Essex instead since it was an 8 car, 60 ft train. Since south of Bway/Laff is on a different radio frequency, I didn't get to hear what happened to it after that.

Yeah, all I could think was that Wallyhorse (and anyone clamoring for a chance to railfan Chrystie St) finally got their wish.

I'm not quite sure WHAT was going on, but there were issues on both the Rutgers and Cranberry lines this morning. They were already turning (F) 's at 2 Av (as well as the (A) turning at Chambers on the spur track), so I think the tower at Essex realized that the (C) s could go to Essex instead since it was an 8 car, 60 ft train. Since south of Bway/Laff is on a different radio frequency, I didn't get to hear what happened to it after that.

Yeah, all I could think was that Wallyhorse (and anyone clamoring for a chance to railfan Chrystie St) finally got their wish.

Makes you wonder how did they turn back around to go uptown. The Chrystie Cut heading south leads to the outbound local track at Essex St only, so that means they probably sent it partway up the bridge lead to go back to the inbound local (or center track) to go back uptown

I'm not sure how things work over there (never worked the (J) or (M) ) but my best guess is it kept going to either Myrtle-Broadway or Bway Jct to get turned on the middle track, and then probably ran lite back to W4. Can't have a foreign train tying up the railroad. It's single-ended so that train would have had to sit there for a couple minutes while the T/O walked through to the other end, and if they tried to turn it on the bridge, it would be blocking traffic in both directions.