SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mistake, I took his word for the R188s being carbon steel. :rolleyes:

From what I read only a handful of R44s were in bad shape, most of them was decent when they was retired...

Why would they have retired most of them, then? I assume that it was the acid baths that brought about their end, because the SIR ones didn't have the same issues, and I've never heard of the graffiti epidemic spreading to the SIR.

The R44s were in bad shape due to much higher levels of wear and tear, along with heavier level of mileage and vandalism, The R38s were in bad shape because they had really dirty interiors and roofs that the (MTA) had to hold together with duct tape. R42s roofs look like king Kong wiped his a** on them because of the scratchiti

The R44's never really left the (A) after 1991 so that is probably why they had high mileage. They were on the (C) during the later years but the damage was done.

The R44's never really left the (A) after 1991 so that is probably why they had high mileage. They were on the (C) during the later years but the damage was done.

I see no difference between them both. The R44 runs like R46, looks like the R46, maybe had minor changes. The R46 that belonged originally to Jamaica Yard that are on the (A) run good! I love em on the (A) .

I see no difference between them both. The R44 runs like R46, looks like the R46, maybe had minor changes. The R46 that belonged originally to Jamaica Yard that are on the (A) run good! I love em on the (A) .

It only somewhat looked like an R46 and I've noticed the differences in them. I actually liked the R44s on the (A) better than the R46s.

You would think the SIR R44s would be replaced by the R46s or R179s by now. Of course, the (MTA) is bad with their decisions...

And those would have been replaced by what? There's no R179s to speak of and the R46s are needed to hold down service here. The (MTA) may not always make good decisions, but their hands are tied here.

And those would have been replaced by what? There's no R179s to speak of and the R46s are needed to hold down service here. The (MTA) may not always make good decisions, but their hands are tied here.

I meant if the (MTA) didn't go with the lowest bidder for the R179s and all that other stuff that prevented the R44s from being retired, the R44s would have been retired.

There were a million (E) trains operating this morning. I was waiting at 42nd Street and three (E) trains passed by before the first (C) train came. And I think I already missed another (E) train, too. The first and third ones were crowded but the second one was empty. The (C) train had to run express in Brooklyn to Euclid because of the delay. (Then an (A) train behind us ran local instead.)