SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I rode the (G) yesterday, I saw a rerouted (F) at Greenpoint Av. At first I thought it was a 160 (G)

Yep there was something going on I saw on mta.info the (F) got rerouted via Old (G) Tube from the Queens Blvd Line out of nowhere last week

One thing that I've been curious about, why does the FINDs on the R160's not have old ad's like the Podcast ad it had back before 2010? Why has those ad's stop displaying and why new ad's are not displaying too?

At this point in time, the R142s are needed more on the (2) & (5) primarily that's why the East 180th Yard Shop was renovated in the late 90s upon the arrival of the R142s. I think at the time the (1) & (3) didn't have a dire need for R142 equipment like the Lexington line since they weren't as crowded and R62/As werent even 20 years old yet.

However, I've heard and seen rumors that the (3) was suppose to get the R142s aside from the (4) but I'm not sure how accurate that info is in terms of fleet assignments.

Edited by jon2305