SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity, what do the blue lights mean on the sides of the PATH cars? All the trains I saw today had them flashing

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

PATH is preparing to shut down all weekend operations on Sixth Ave for "Federally Mandated Repairs" that will continue through 2019.

You got Wednesday's MetroNY paper right? Page 15.

Additional service will be provided at World Trade Center. PATH will cross honor tickets until 10 AM and they must be issued by PANYNJ agents or you won't be allowed to board.

Shuttle buses are available at 29th St & 6th Ave.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Edited by MassTransitHonchkrow

Why do the programs for the (4) to Brooklyn Bridge on the exterior sides of the R142/A still show Eastern Parkway Express even though it dosent go into Brooklyn?

Maybe it’s emphasis on the theoretical. You know… like how the (Z) is a Nassau Street express even though the express portion is actually in Brooklyn.

Jerome Avenue/Lexington Avenue/Eastern Parkway is like the underlying character of the (4). If you’re looking for an analogy to see what I’m getting at… In French, the “s” in “vous” is silent unless the next sound is a vowel as in “vous avec.” Then the “s” is pronounced. The “s” is still characteristic of the word whether it is realized or not in pronunciation.

PATH is preparing to shut down all weekend operations on Sixth Ave for "Federally Mandated Repairs" that will continue through 2019.

You got Wednesday's MetroNY paper right? Page 15.

Additional service will be provided at World Trade Center. PATH will cross honor tickets until 10 AM and they must be issued by PANYNJ agents or you won't be allowed to board.

Shuttle buses are available at 29th St & 6th Ave.

Yes I do know that PATH is doing that. I follow them on Twitter.

But this still doesn't answer my question. I was asking about the blue lights on the side of the trains.

Yes I do know that PATH is doing that. I follow them on Twitter.

But this still doesn't answer my question. I was asking about the blue lights on the side of the trains.

I've seen them on some (A) [R46] trains too. I figured they had similar intent to the purple ones on R68As but slightly different.

While PATH cars, to me, look like more colorful versions of R160 cars, they seem to hit design cues akin to MetroNorth.

Since Fulton Center was opened last month, I wonder if the all the lines will announce the connection for the PATH (Also to reflect on the (R) using the metrocard for the 2-5 lines, A, C and J lines.)

Edited by CH3348

Just wow

13658931_607895872704297_857176075367149

The only thing I agree with is extending non rush Hour (B) Trains (Weekdays obviously) to Bedford Park Blvd.

I agree with more. But I'd like to know something- why can't the (Q) be express in all the boroughs it operates in, at least weekdays?

Astoria has an express track and I wish it was used for more than just desperate measures. (Q) trains would terminate sooner meaning those trains would be more readily available.

And as for an M23 and Q70 SBS, please note we already have LTD service for the Q70, plus it's already recognizable to riders Xferring to LaGuardia (your campaign after you took the job from the Q33 plus most subway Xfer lines include it too.

I agree with more. But I'd like to know something- why can't the (Q) be express in all the boroughs it operates in, at least weekdays?

Astoria has an express track and I wish it was used for more than just desperate measures. (Q) trains would terminate sooner meaning those trains would be more readily available.

And as for an M23 and Q70 SBS, please note we already have LTD service for the Q70, plus it's already recognizable to riders Xferring to LaGuardia (your campaign after you took the job from the Q33 plus most subway Xfer lines include it too.

The Q70 was implemented to become a BRT route, so SBS for that line was already going to happen.

As for the (Q) express, I feel like the Brooklyn part of the route doesn't need to be express, and for the Astoria part, are you suggesting peak express service (AM rush it runs express to Manhattan and PM rush express to Astoria)? I feel that that would really only benefit the people that go to Astoria Blvd and Ditmars Blvd.

They tried the (Q) express in Queens back when it was the (N) and (W). It was a colossal failure.

The (Q) is the Brighton local because the majority of Brighton line passengers want that service. The other reason why the (B) is the Brighton express, is because that service is weekdays only.

The MTA likes to simplify service patterns. This is a good example.

http://jpwright.net/subway/

Have fun at it guys, it's pretty addicting.

Now if someone could only reup the R160 FIND creator lmao.

It's a cool program. I focused heavily on a subway expansion in Queens such as for example a (K) shuttle train from Euclid Ave to Jamaica Hillside/Parsons.

A extended (M) train via Jewel Ave to 164th street.

I created a new V line between Woodhaven and Queens Blvd to Manhattan via the neighborhoods of Glendale, Ridgewood and Williamsburg. I really wish some of these lines existed to be honest because traveling around the city and even to different parts of Queens is painfully slow and annoying. If I wanted to go to Coney Island from Jewel Ave and Kissena Blvd in Flushing it takes a little over 2 hours and 10 minutes. I wish the city had of expanded service in Queens before the mass development of the outer boroughs took place.

How do you get it to work? What do you click on?

When I try to click a start from map, the text is highlighted. I have been waiting for something like this, so a response would be appreciated. By the way my sister made a bookmark for an image of the cutest pumpkin.

28067394724_f0ce5e3a0d_b.jpgScreen Shot 2016-07-31 at 7.31.42 PM by spicker613, on Flickr