BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

What did these three look like?

(they looked like) they ranged in ages between 14-16 yrs old..... 2 of the boys were black, one of the boys were hispanic..... the girl with them was also hispanic...

the main one actin a fool was lanky (kinda reminded me of wiz khalifa)... the other black kid looked like your average teenager....

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the S89 I normally catch, it's not supposed to connect with any S46/96 bus, but for some reason today, it did. But the thing was that I wasn't expecting it, so I just waited for the S44 for that last stop to reach school (like I said, I had a psychological need to add to the ridership and ride the O5 on the S44. :P ). I was pissed because the S46/96 passes right by my school, whereas the S44 stops a few blocks away. Two women said there were people standing in the stairwell, but that still didn't make me happier. :(

Oh well. The S44 could use the ridership more anyway (yes, every rider counts. :P )

A Next Gen free day in Staten Island...rode an Orion 5 on the S93 Limited this morning followed by an Orion 5 on the S44 to the mall for work. After work I took the S59 (O5) to school and then after class I got a Nova LFS on the S93 Limited. Excellent :tup:

RANDOM MORNING COMMUTE via FDR DRIVE northbound this morning. Don't know what was the bottle neck, saw a whole bunch of express buses including the BM2 I was on detoured to Houston Street. Don't know if there was an accident or bottleneck traffic, and bus taking 1st Avenue.

*WISHFUL THINKING* if the (MTA) could possibly introduce bus service btwn W. Midtown via West Street & 6th Ave. for Mill Basin, Canarsie, and Sheepshead customers. This can help out alot of customers who work in West Midtown (AM) and travel down 7th Ave to 49th, than return on 5th Ave. I . But with no $$$, this can't happen.

Another hybrid-free day today. Xcelsior on the S93 limited this morning, then Xcelsior on the S59 (school tripper) in the mid-afternoon followed by an Orion 5 on the S53, and then out of nowhere, Orion 5 CNG on the B16. I'm taking the train to the city after work for a bit and then taking the train back home, so another day without any Next Gens. :tup:

All of my bus rides today consisted of an Xcelsior on the S93, Orion 5 on the S62, D60HF on the M101, Orion 7 OG on the Q44, Orion 5 CNG on the Q65, Ex-Bee Orion 5 Line on the Q111 and finished it off with an RTS on the B44. I took some subway lines in between some of these bus rides. I too, had a NG free day.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

The S44 I normally catch in the morning was an O7 instead of an O5. But I caught an O5 on the S46, and then an O7 on the S89. At Forest Avenue, we pulled in at the same time as an S59, but there seemed to be a problem. I noticed the hazard lights on the S59 were on, and when we pulled out, the driver was out of the seat and we saw some people clustered by the door. I wonder what happened. :confused:

Today was similar to yesterday. I caught an O7 on the S44. After school, I walked along the S46 route, and a bus passed by that said "Message A1". I wonder what that meant. :confused: (I think it was a 3G)

Anyway, after that, the S46 didn't come, so I walked to the S94 (an O7), and we got caught in one of those occasional traffic jams by the SIE, but nothing particularly eventful happened otherwise.

Two for two on MCIs today...2223 on the X10 to SI via West Street and now I'm on 2222 heading back to Manhattan...a great day spent. When I get home I am going to SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

2223 was on the X12 yesterday morning with no damn tracking!! :mad: It bypassed us on Victory & Manor since it was packed and we took the X12 behind him. People were pissed because he was quite late.

Today was similar to yesterday. I caught an O7 on the S44. After school, I walked along the S46 route, and a bus passed by that said "Message A1". I wonder what that meant. :confused: (I think it was a 3G)

Anyway, after that, the S46 didn't come, so I walked to the S94 (an O7), and we got caught in one of those occasional traffic jams by the SIE, but nothing particularly eventful happened otherwise.

On these newer Luminators, that A1 Message means the driver put in a code that doesn't exist; while on therything else, the sign is blank when you put in a invalid code

2223 was on the X12 yesterday morning with no damn tracking!! :mad: It bypassed us on Victory & Manor since it was packed and we took the X12 behind him. People were pissed because he was quite late.

Yeah, I was waiting for the X10 at 46/5 and it didn't show up on the BusTime. My friend and I weren't too worried as we could have always took the X12 to Jewett and transfer to the S62, but then the X10 showed.

So what happens if you manage to get just the route number repeating on the sign? That happened out here before they got to finally reprogramming the signs. I want to see Veolia take on actually programming new destinations into the signs.

I think they were trying to get used to the software. They already are reprogramming the signs on all the buses.

Examples:

-The N24 signs to Mitchell Field have been changed.

-The side signs now display the important readings in bold:

N6 JAMAICA

N6 165 ST TERMINAL (Which is in one reading btw)

via HEMPSTEAD

-The side signs no longer display the type of street on the via readings.

-The NICE BUS P/R signs are being added as well.

Orion_1739.jpg

I think they were trying to get used to the software. They already are reprogramming the signs on all the buses.

Examples:

-The N24 signs to Mitchell Field have been changed.

-The side signs now display the important readings in bold:

N6 JAMAICA

N6 165 ST TERMINAL (Which is in one reading btw)

via HEMPSTEAD

-The side signs no longer display the type of street on the via readings.

-The NICE BUS P/R signs are being added as well.

Orion_1739.jpg

But there are twins! Such as the N22 and N24 starting April 8. They start in Jamaica,share Hillside, and at Franny Lew Seperate, meet again in Mineola and share the same route until Cherry Ln. then seperate until Hicksville Where they will terminate together.

Does anyone think that B103 buses should be rerouted onto 5 Avenue

Towards Canarsie:

(B103) makes stops at Union Street, 9 street, and at Prospect Avenue, then turn left on 19 street, enter the Prospect Expressway, and then regular routing.

To Downtown:

Regular Routing until the Prospect Expressway, then off the Expressway at 18 street mid Block between 8 and 9 Avenues, turn right on 7 Avenue, turn left on Prospect Avenue, stop on 5 Avenue, then go up 5 Avenue stopping at 9 street and Union Street, then on Flatbush Avenue to Atlantic Avenue then regular routing.

Over the years the B103 has changed it's routing multiple times. The current change they made involves buses on 5/7 Avs instead of 3 Avenue.