BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean you love the smell of sweaty arm pits and some stranger breathing on your shoulder lol.

i was on a packed Nova LFSA those things can hold people i tell you! 5863 on the m14D was soo crowded we was at stops for about a minute and the driver was opening doors in SBS mode...becAuse it was so packed...seeing every seat in the reAr packed with 6 standees is a record on a LFSA

Too much complaining going on lately with the forums especially with these bus threads lately. People are making it seem like every area outside of Manhattan has f***ed up transit when that is clearly not the case. (We have the Co-op thread, Queens transit troubles and the restoration threads in which nothing but complaints were bought up) smh at these threads

Too much complaining going on lately with the forums especially with these bus threads lately. People are making it seem like every area outside of Manhattan has f***ed up transit when that is clearly not the case. (We have the Co-op thread, Queens transit troubles and the restoration threads in which nothing but complaints were bought up) smh at these threads

lol... Well of course you wouldn't notice it because you have the Bx12+SBS... Here in Riverdale I have excellent transportation options, but that doesn't mean that other places have good transportation.

I just realized today that my block is a deadhead route for the B42, B17, and B82 to Rockaway Pkwy.

At first I heard a RTS from my window, I thought it was a rerouted B15 and thought nothing of it. The next day I was walking outside and I saw a bus signed as a B42.

is the mta the only company to have lbss in their 4th gen allison transmiission series??

cause i try to find videos of cummins egines with allison b400r with lbss and all i find is our videos mta

No, the MTA is one of the only companies that has buses equipped with Allison transmissions with lbss, and have bus fans that care enough to record the sounds they make and put it on YouTube...

Now I know why I hate the B49 and everything it touches. :angry::angry:

So im on the 35 at Church and Utica and while we was waiting for the light to change (he already pulled out the stop), 4 46s came down at once heading to Kings Plaza.

This crowded ass bus just got even more crowded

Same way I feel when I'm working the B46 --- I do my best to get in and out of Church Avenue before those B35s come dumping on my bus, especially late nights when LTD service ends and it's just every bus for themselves. lmao!

I ain't about that life, bro...!!

How does the busiest second-busiest route around have hourly night headaways? Seriously, you'd think there'd at least be trips between H and the (4) train, kinda like the Bx15.

I remember that the 46 didn't rank as high in terms of night ridership as it did overall, but still, I remember there being several routes with less night ridership running more frequently (e.g. B48) Nothing makes sense.

Edited by Mysterious2train

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but apparently nycsubway.org has a bus section here. And there's a nice selection of older buses there in the NYC section from roadeos and when they were actually in service.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but apparently nycsubway.org has a bus section here. And there's a nice selection of older buses there in the NYC section from roadeos and when they were actually in service.

Just took a look. Wow, a Man artic in 1974 I would have never known they had artic's back then lol (It was probably just a pilot)

How does the busiest second-busiest route around have hourly night headaways? Seriously, you'd think there'd at least be trips between H and the (4) train, kinda like the Bx15.

I remember that the 46 didn't rank as high in terms of night ridership as it did overall, but still, I remember there being several routes with less night ridership running more frequently (e.g. B48) Nothing makes sense.

There's probably a lot of Dollar Vans and dollar Cabs take people from the Subway on Utica in the overnight hours?