BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah man you got it all wrong, you have to understand all the foamers out there. See, buses are pretty good practice for women.

You spend your life throwing money at them if you want to get on, some of them are ugly as sin, they're a royal pain to keep track of where they're at, and once a month or so they both go out of service.

I know this is a few days old but man, I swear this post is so funny! Good one bro! :lol:

Man, real scene outside the 40/40 club where Obama and Jay-Z are. All the traffic got shut off (my bus sat for 15 minutes), the sanitation orange salt trucks are barricading the street, NYPD has a thousand police cars with some police school buses and a police RTS, lots of Secret Service, everything. Not to mention the rain's so thick you can't see more than three feet.

Xd40 4899 is on the s48...I was leaving the ferry on the S52....and it was departing....packed bus...it pulls off fast....but I can't tell how it sounds as the windows were closed

Alright enough with that bus! We all know what it has ( well I hope ) we know what garage it's at & where it's going next.

I went up to The Bronx today. At the northbound stop at Grand Concourse & 161st Street, there was a woman with her child just sitting there. The kid kept shouting "guagua, guagua!" ("bus, bus!"), and the woman just kept shaking her head. When a Bx1 came, another woman asked her if the bus stopped at 169th Street, and I forget what the woman said back. In any case, I thought she was confused as to which bus to take, I asked her (in Spanish) if she needed help, since both the Bx1 & Bx2 had passed by, and she mumbled something in Spanish. Neither my Spanish nor my hearing is too good, so I just went back to the corner of the shelter (My mom and I were waiting there because we were waiting until one of the buildings opened up, and it was raining that morning).

So in any case, 3 Bx1s & 2 Bx2s passed by, and for some reason, she got on the 3rd Bx2. I wonder what she was waiting for. :wacko:

Well, at least I did help one person. Another guy heard me helping her, and asked me which bus went to 231st & Broadway, so I told him to take the Bx1.

If you stay at Flushing, you have a small chance. What route? No one knows.

Think I would be yelled at if I stay there too long? I was there a month ago, and it was only for one bus. That's why I haven't approached LGA or MV like that.

Edited by GojiMet86

Think I would be yelled at if I stay there too long? I was there a month ago, and it was only for one bus. That's why I haven't approached LGA or MV like that.

Not at all.

And by Flushing, I don't mean near the depot. I mean AT Flushing!

Edited by Cait Sith

There was one time mean dispatcher on Sun before Fall pick an my friend was driving M7 that Sunday b/c of football game.

I was taking picture of bus and fire truck, fire cheif car at 14th St/6th Av when dispatcher asked in mean voice, "Why are you taking pic of bus?"

I couldn't answer that b/c my B/O friend was already late and I replied quickly, "he is my friend."

During the Elmhurst Transit Town Hall meeting, dispatcher by Q58 can be mean as well.

125th St Bus OpenHouse was crowded.

Edited by FamousNYLover