• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading one of our threads and what is this that i was reading that there was a ban on new flyer from the mta?

Yupp...back in around 2003 (i dont know the whole story)

but i believe it had something to do with the D60HFs, MTA wanted to order all those D60HFs after New Flyer discontinued the HF model

SImilar to this previous order of C40LFs

And its either New Flyer stopped taking MTAs orders, or MTA stopped orders because the order was short (one or the other IDK)

2 things i never realized how close manhattanville depot and amsterdam are

the other thing is i dont mean to sound speculative but since 126 may be closing im just wondering

what are the other nearest depots for the M15 M31 M35 M60 part time x80 and the split with the m116

(please be mindful that im curious not trying to say the mta should do this or that)

2 things i never realized how close manhattanville depot and amsterdam are

the other thing is i dont mean to sound speculative but since 126 may be closing im just wondering

what are the other nearest depots for the M15 M31 M35 M60 part time x80 and the split with the m116

(please be mindful that im curious not trying to say the mta should do this or that)

They are going to go to MCH when it opens

Wow I have been catching Old C40's left and right these past 4 days, I caught 868, 881, 902, 903, 934, 945, 979, 983, and 987, I rode 868 and 934 and got recordings on both of them, I consider myself pretty damn lucky, out of those 9, 6 were caught on the B4, 2 on the B68 and 1 on the B9. I havent even been looking for them and they will pop up out of nowhere but the new ones aint that bad and I did catch kids dealing cockane in the back of 481 on the B4 2 days ago.

Wow I have been catching Old C40's left and right these past 4 days, I caught 868, 881, 902, 903, 934, 945, 979, 983, and 987, I rode 868 and 934 and got recordings on both of them, I consider myself pretty damn lucky, out of those 9, 6 were caught on the B4, 2 on the B68 and 1 on the B9. I havent even been looking for them and they will pop up out of nowhere but the new ones aint that bad and I did catch kids dealing cockane in the back of 481 on the B4 2 days ago.

ohh the B4 smh LOL, its a possibility of it happening on the B49 too...

anyways what do you do with the recordings? keep them to yourself or upload them?

will mch able to handle the artics?

Not sure. If it doesn't, don't know where it will go

Most likely their making it so it can handle artics.

i was asking will mch be qualified for artics cause the m15 is artics and i asked in a previous thread and was told that the m60 was gonna become artic

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Yupp...back in around 2003 (i dont know the whole story)

but i believe it had something to do with the D60HFs, MTA wanted to order all those D60HFs after New Flyer discontinued the HF model

SImilar to this previous order of C40LFs

And its either New Flyer stopped taking MTAs orders, or MTA stopped orders because the order was short (one or the other IDK)

It wasn't a ban per se, but rather the MTA choose to no longer do business with them, as New Flyer would not build anymore D60HF's after the '03 order. If I recall correctly, more D60HF's were to be delivered in 2004, but New Flyer stopped producing thee D60HF. The MTA didn't want the option of the D60LF and terminated their business with New Flyer...

,,,Until now. So be lucky you have them Xcelsiors man!

i was asking will mch be qualified for artics cause the m15 is artics and i asked in a previous thread and was told that the m60 was gonna become artic

I believe only 126th and Tuskegee are the artic depots in Manhattan for now.

Correction: Quill can also handle artics.

Edited by Turbo19

It doesn't regularly use artics, although before school ended, I had spotted 3 articulateds in a period of a month or so, which was more than I had seen in a year before.

The M100 sees school trippers and rush hour put-ins when artics are used. Some are used for regular service.