BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh what can i do? I cant debate with 10 other people...if yall dont like it ohh well...i'll just love them & continue to ride them & talk to everyday riders who ride them. If we dont get 600 more...oh well...i'll deal with the 90 we have and im a happy person...if we do get 600 more im a very happy person.

Ditto...

Hell, ride one on a rainy day...they wont be as special as one would think!

i ride the ones in staten island all the time with rain...never ever seen them leak.

Never seen one open too.

Ehh what can i do? I cant debate with 10 other people...if yall dont like it ohh well...i'll just love them & continue to ride them & talk to everyday riders who ride them. If we dont get 600 more...oh well...i'll deal with the 90 we have and im a happy person...if we do get 600 more im a very happy person.

i ride the ones in staten island all the time with rain...never ever seen them leak.

Never seen one open too.

I've personally seen them leak....leak bad too....shit, I could bring a bottle of shampoo and wash my hair on the damn bus! /ratchet

That's how bad it is! I've seen them leak since day one at QV and Castleton.

Edited by Cait Sith

I seriously cant see why people dont like them..their either jealous/haters/bias because

1. the bus is that good.

2. they cant ride the bus because not in their area

3. New Flyer made it

4. so many people like it

i will argue that the XD40s have NOO problems...besides the MINOR electrical problems at the beginning of the delivery that are fixed now.

Dude...

1. Its just a bus

2. Im 22, I can go wherever I want at any time I want

3. I love the C40s and the DE60LFs, so you're argument is irrelevant

4. No one goes hard over them except for you

Every bus has some kind of problem, nothing is perfect

Jesus, you guys need to stop getting on his ass about the Xcelsiors. It's been shown that riders gravitate more towards Xcelsiors than any other bus in the fleet, and what's the big deal that he likes them? Granted, he's a bit more vocal about it than the rest of us, but so what?

inb4crappytypicalresponse

Jesus, you guys need to stop getting on his ass about the Xcelsiors. It's been shown that riders gravitate more towards Xcelsiors than any other bus in the fleet, and what's the big deal that he likes them? Granted, he's a bit more vocal about it than the rest of us, but so what?

inb4crappytypicalresponse

Thank you. I so agree with you. Them responding to him is irreverent , it isnt going to change his opinion on the bus granted it can be annoying. This is his hobby.. Let him rock. Ignore him

Ok im going home from my sisters house now (she lives on Castleton & Broadway) and I told myself I would get on whichever S46 or 53 came first since they both was due to arrive at the same time.

Sure enough the S53 came first, and what do I get...an Xcelsior, number 4877. Since he wants my opinion on them, I'll do it...

Good things...

-The headlights make it stand out at night

-The seats have a nice curve to them compared to the boxy looking seats of other models

-Terrific leg room

Bad things...

-The suspension isn't all that great

-Those side facing single seats in the back level...not a lot of moving room in there

-The way the back step is at an angle, looks like a major tripping hazard

...so there you go, if I had to choose between the two, I would pick the Xcelsior, but not by that much.

Of the 3 BTE buses, I'd choose the clean diesel Orion VIIs. They are the ones I'm the most used to, but since they are no longer part of the program, I guess I'm on the Xcelsior boat.... :mellow:

At first I thought you were Chargerdoge9, but now I can see you're not.

and what's the big deal that he likes them? Granted, he's a bit more vocal about it than the rest of us, but so what?

There is a difference between liking them, and shoving it down the throats of others...which he has tried to do to several members on here....

Edited by Cait Sith

Oh please... Those RTSs have seen their prime already a long time ago... Time to go already... The last time a rode an RTS in Brooklyn was on a B6 and it looked horrid inside... A 51XX if I recall correctly. I'm in Brooklyn regularly, least you forget that I'm from Brooklyn. <_< Anywho, the UP buses I tend to use regularly are the B4, B6, B64, X27, X28, though over the years I've used all of the UP lines, save the B74. I was down there a few weeks ago to be precise and make several trips down there each month.... I'm sure I'm more involved with bus service in Southern Brooklyn than you are and you still live there. <_<

Uh excuse me, but there are MCI express buses that are 7 - 8 years old that are in pristine condition and they're far better than those new Prevosts which are utter garbage. Those RTSs and those ex-Bee Line buses should've been retired already.

UP needs all of the new buses they can get, not more hand me down RTSs....

yes, you rode an RTS on a UP route, I ride them at least once a week and find those RTSs in soso shape. I mainly ride the FB routes and those are in better condition. Yeah, you coulda fooled me 'mr I want everything new'... If you have $'500 mil' to retire all the old buses with new ones right now, I'll be more than happy to ride the new buses. Till then, save the rhetoric, if it runs, I'm riding the damn bus. I'm not waiting an extra 15 min for a NG or anything but an RTS to show up.

Also if you feel I'm entitled to ride something nicer, by all means give me an express bus unlimited monthly card :D

Edited by Grand Concourse

Thank you. I so agree with you. Them responding to him is irreverent , it isnt going to change his opinion on the bus granted it can be annoying. This is his hobby.. Let him rock. Ignore him

because its become an endless loveliest about those buses. The only reason I prefer the Xds over the nova is the rear section seat layout is much better. The Novas are good solid built buses, but I can't bring myself to liking the interior seat layout. The Lfsa is a little better because its an artic. The 3G I think is ok and maybe a bit of a mix in having a decent interior despite the odd raised row of seats at the back and I think it's just a bit better when it runs on the road than the Xds. So to me the only reason the Xds are good is purely for the interior, if they go back to the awful u shaped design, then there would be nothing redeeming at all about the Xds.

yes, you rode an RTS on a UP route, I ride them at least once a week and find those RTSs in soso shape. I mainly ride the FB routes and those are in better condition. Yeah, you coulda fooled me 'mr I want everything new'... If you have $'500 mil' to retire all the old buses with new ones right now, I'll be more than happy to ride the new buses. Till then, save the rhetoric, if it runs, I'm riding the damn bus. I'm not waiting an extra 15 min for a NG or anything but an RTS to show up.

Also if you feel I'm entitled to ride something nicer, by all means give me an express bus unlimited monthly card :D

Don't get too crazed on that as if I only ride them sometimes. I ride a ton of them in Manhattan (M20, M50, M57, M104 esp.) and the reason I don't use so many of them in Brooklyn is only because often times I just walk rather than take the local bus, but the B49 which I also use has plenty of them, along with the B2 and B31. The point isn't to have everything new. If the buses are in good condition then by all means they should stick around but those RTSs are ready for retirement. The (MTA) has neglected their duties in replacing these buses. The monies are supposed to be set aside for this, esp. when you consider how many times they've raised the fares now... Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Don't get too crazed on that as if I only ride them sometimes. I ride a ton of them in Manhattan (M20, M50, M57, M104 esp.) and the reason I don't use so many of them in Brooklyn is only because often times I just walk rather than take the local bus, but the B49 which I also use has plenty of them, along with the B2 and B31. The point isn't to have everything new. If the buses are in good condition then by all means they should stick around but those RTSs are ready for retirement. The (MTA) has neglected their duties in replacing these buses. The monies are supposed to be set aside for this, esp. when you consider how many times they've raised the fares now...

Exactly, all they seem to do is cry in the public view about payroll and operating expenses, meanwhile, operating expenses and the funds used to purchase new fleet vehicles come from two completely different budgets.