BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's such BS... So now Ulmer Park gets more garbage to give up some of their newer buses... Smh...

save the crap, at least it's 9600s rather than 8800 or the 9000s from FB. And what about ENY don't they deserve newer buses? Not everyone can have new buses....and when was the last time you rode an UP route?

Jamaica depot and Queens village is their top pay 29.96 or is like the other ATU 26.86. Any info will be more than appreciated.

any particular reason you are asking about unions? Edited by Grand Concourse

save the crap, at least it's 9600s rather than 8800 or the 9000s from FB. And what about ENY don't they deserve newer buses? Not everyone can have new buses....and when was the last time you rode an UP route?

any particular reason you are asking about unions?

East NY's Orion VII hybrids are their newer buses.

UP should just keep the 3Gs, obviously they're not all about keeping the NBQP buses in 1 depot anymore.

Because the NBQP is over all the three bus models. It would make sense to send the 3Gs to SI as its "Orion Land" over there. It's a fair trade though. 30 2011s for 30 2011s. (Or at least before the moves to ENY)

Edited by SevenEleven

OKAY MAJOR MOVES GOING ON RIGHT NOW:

9601, 9610, 9633 and 9650 at Ulmer Park from Flatbush.

4946, 4949, 4952 and 4953 from East New York to Flatbush, delivered this evening (Friday night).

Also, 4829, 4839, 4857, 4864 at East New York from Ulmer Park. So ENY 35 Xcelsiors, Ulmer Park Gets The 9600's & Flatbush Gets The 4900's.

Nice copy/paste.

As for the 9600s going to UP and 4900s going to the Bush, I'll try to get confirmation as no one has said/claimed that 100% yet.

I may not be a fan of the 3Gs (seats are too bunched together and I can't fit in any of them except for the back row), but I do admit there's some good things about them...

-it has a little scream coming out of 1st gear

-the whole dimming of the lights when the doors close and in reverse is a nice touch

-the framed windows

...i may hate the ZF EcoLife transmission, but it gets the job done going up hills.

Maybe soon I get the chance that I i am waiting. And I want to know which depot maybe my best choice. ( exam 8006 still waiting.)

ok, best of luck.

Nice copy/paste.

As for the 9600s going to UP and 4900s going to the Bush, I'll try to get confirmation as no one has said/claimed that 100% yet.

lol!

It's about time ENY got some new buses, and I'm sure glad that it's not hand-me-down NGs either. UP's XD40s still run very fresh, and with ENY maintenance in charge, those buses should be pretty strong (even if they look 20 years old lol).

yes, other than the upper 8600s, most of the buses have been pretty good from ENY. They have been long over due for newer buses. Edited by Grand Concourse

I may not be a fan of the 3Gs (seats are too bunched together and I can't fit in any of them except for the back row), but I do admit there's some good things about them...

-it has a little scream coming out of 1st gear

-the whole dimming of the lights when the doors close and in reverse is a nice touch

-the framed windows

...i may hate the ZF EcoLife transmission, but it gets the job done going up hills.

Now i wanna hear your opinion on the XD40

P.S Im 6'2" and i can fit in all the seats of the 3G...at least in the high section.

Edited by XxLiLGiJoE17xX

Oh please... Those RTSs have seen their prime already a long time ago... Time to go already... The last time a rode an RTS in Brooklyn was on a B6 and it looked horrid inside... A 51XX if I recall correctly. I'm in Brooklyn regularly, least you forget that I'm from Brooklyn. <_< Anywho, the UP buses I tend to use regularly are the B4, B6, B64, X27, X28, though over the years I've used all of the UP lines, save the B74. I was down there a few weeks ago to be precise and make several trips down there each month.... I'm sure I'm more involved with bus service in Southern Brooklyn than you are and you still live there. <_<

Anything that isn't "new" or an express bus seems to be garbage to you right?

Uh excuse me, but there are MCI express buses that are 7 - 8 years old that are in pristine condition and they're far better than those new Prevosts which are utter garbage. Those RTSs and those ex-Bee Line buses should've been retired already.

UP should just keep the 3Gs, obviously they're not all about keeping the NBQP buses in 1 depot anymore.

UP needs all of the new buses they can get, not more hand me down RTSs.... Edited by Via Garibaldi 8