BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I was against the Metrocard when they first came out; I miss using a NYC token.... Used em until the last day that you could use a token on the buses/subway... I still have a couple of the "pentagon" tokens left......

lol... you'd be hard pressed to see me with that many singles on my person at any one time.... I hear what you're saying about vending machines, but I seldom use them.... Only time I really use vending machines is when I'm out routefanning & end up stopping at some mall that has the soda vending machines in em....

The f***load of 20's the ATM's spew out, lol... I have a gripe with that too.... I guess it makes sense though b/c once you use a grant or a benjamin in a lot of these stores, they either look at you like you're stupid or look/treat you like you're some crook.... Then again, who wants to waste time standing in line in a bank for grants & benjamins to avoid obtaining all them dam jacksons the ATM emits..... I like to have cash on me, but not too much "bills" in my wallet at one time either (which reminds me, I need a new wallet anyway).....

As far as carrying coins around.... If I don't have my bag on me, forget it.... I'm not walking down the street with my pants going cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching like I'm one of those folks from the salvation army around christmas time... lol...

The days of doing that are pretty much over, bro..... Believe me, I already tried.

I can imagine the poor bastard chucking change at an ATM..... Back when I was a teenager, I was once the poor bastard that went to a "coinstar" at pathmark, dumping pounds of pennies into that damn machine.... I felt like an absolute fool standing in a supermarket line with no food/items to be purchased, to present a receipt to the cashier in exchange for paper currency..... Never again will I do that shit.

I can certainly understand why the banks wouldn't wanna put up with checking & double-checking someone's amount/value of coins to be deposited......

Why di busbwoy nah stop pah di 'ospital no moh'.... limeeted ah replaace wid di long bus wid di blue flashin ting on top....

yaaaaaaaa bossman, bus tun up 'pon 'pon ruhggers now instead ah new yaak avenew.....

We both know how people in this part of Brooklyn are..... muggs around here are gonna be PISSED.

I'm lmao just thinking about how some ppl. are goin react to it

Well the reason i said that about the coins in the bank...i knowpeople who still save up on coins and send them to the bank...TD bank on 4th ave in bay ridge takes coins...maybe theres not a lot but there are a few so it was just a suggestion but if its too inconvienent for you then oh well

My brother and I used to do that with Commerce Bank at 31st and Ditmars. We'd get our piggy banks and whatever random change was around and head there to dump it in. Back then, it was free. Now, as TD Bank, they charge people to use it.

Well the reason i said that about the coins in the bank...i knowpeople who still save up on coins and send them to the bank...TD bank on 4th ave in bay ridge takes coins...maybe theres not a lot but there are a few so it was just a suggestion but if its too inconvienent for you then oh well

What's with the "well the reason I said...." remarks.... There's no need to be defensive about it......

All we were saying is that taking coins to the bank isn't commonplace like it used to be....

That is not a knock on you suggesting it & it's not about being inconvenient to the depositor.....

My brother and I used to do that with Commerce Bank at 31st and Ditmars. We'd get our piggy banks and whatever random change was around and head there to dump it in. Back then, it was free. Now, as TD Bank, they charge people to use it.

yup.... Case in point - Because they don't wanna deal w/ the extra hassle...

You have to pay them for depositing your money in your own account.... lol.... Thanks, but no thanks.

I just have a couple rolls of pennies wrapped up, but that's about it.... Unlike VG8 & many others, I don't bother hoarding coins no more  in containers, water cooler bottles, etc..... I try to dump em off in purchasing other things, just about as fast as I get em from making other purchases when I don't have exact change on me at that particular moment.....

so say for example, if I go to the corner store & get, iono, a bottle water for 1.25 & I don't have a quarter on me right then & there.... I'll give the guy 2 bones, get the 75 cents back, and then sometime sooner or later, use that same 75 cents towards another purchase from somewhere else..... I guess the saying is, "easy come, easy go"....

with the MVM's, I just keep refilling with 20's when I think I'm low.... haven't been riding njt as of late, so for now, I don't have to worry about those machines spewing all those dollar coins when I'm buying a ___ zone pass for a particular route.....

It's free if you have an account with TD Bank.

Say bye to the 6000 series Orions at KB.  Some 6100's have come to replace them.

I never rode an Orion V CNG...lol
I also never rode a Orion V Ex Bee Line
I also never rode a New Flyer D60HF
And lastly i never rode a New Flyer XD60.

Your missing out.  Especially when a professional is driving one  :ph34r:

Edited by youngblaze

Sorry to hear that man. If it's a matter of getting the cash I may be able to get it over via Western Union.

Say bye to the 6000 series Orions at KB.  Some 6100's have come to replace them.

Your missing out.  Especially when a professional is driving one  :ph34r:

The Bronx has been moving around Orion V's for what seems like forever. Nothing all that new.

Also, I don't see any bias at all...

Lol, you out of all people that hasnt rode a XD60.

That's what I'm saying.

From what I'm hearing, the CNGs will be dead pretty soon. Then again, it's been the same thing over and over for the last few months. If I had known, I could have gotten you in contact with some friends and gone CNG hunting :( . Now the Orion Bees, I don't know I'll they'll retire them soon, but you're best bet is checking Queensboro Plaza in the AM or PM rush. There's usually one on the Q69. Try it one of these days.

Edited by GojiMet86

The fact that there is only 14 Orion V CNG's left in the system is very disappointing for a lot...

So SC still has 7 that are still in service? I'm asking this cause I'm not sure where to go: Catch one on Tillary St on the B103 or go to Queens Plaza.

So SC still has 7 that are still in service? I'm asking this cause I'm not sure where to go: Catch one on Tillary St on the B103 or go to Queens Plaza.

For SC, I'm actually gonna say check out Flatbush Avenue and Brooklyn College. Half the B103 go to Tillary, but the other half turn at Brooklyn College, and all B103 buses essentially stop there. Just take the (2) or (5) there. Like I'm telling XcelsiorBoii, the Queens ones will probably be dead soon.

Oh okay thanks and I heard that 4 have been pulled out of service, is that true or is there 7 left in actual service still?

CP has been lending them to LGA so LGA has the CNG's so you can look on LGA routes for them.. As for SC they have 4 but they haven't moved in 1-3 weeks all 4 together. They're sitting in between 49094 (Museum Bus) 2 on the left & 2 on the right fare boxes out.

Well idc for the Orion V CNG because i rode a ton of Orion Vs...and i know its different but...since i never been on one i guess theres nothing forcing me to find the last one...

Same thing for the Bees...there basically Orion Vs like in staten island, but i just wanted to ride a Bee but since its too far theres nothing forcing me to catch one.

About the D60HFs...i avoided them for the M15SBS...

I avoided them for the M101 LFSA...

And i avoided a quil D60 for a 52xx series LFSA.

Well now im serious about catching those Allison D60s...all those artics are so far from staten island smh.

And the XD60s...smh...i feel like i would have to wait a few more years to ride those...unless something gets sent to Brooklyn or Manhattan or Staten Island, but if they stay isolated in the Bronx then..."where those XD40s at!?!? :P "

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Never rode a XD60 either... nearly route within the vicinity of me operates out of Quill Depot and since Quill has no XD60s, I only ride the D60s and LFSAs that are on the Crosstown routes.  Unless Quill gets XD60s, I don't think I'll ever ride one for a long time. I have rode the XD40 on the B1, M21 and M42 though

I only rode Orion V CNGs when Jackie had those I can't remember after that though and like D60s I guess yea when I'm not here in BK, Orion Vs from Bee Line I gotta be honest with you wtf is that? XD60 me neither :(

Why the heck do they want to get rid of hybrids?

I only rode Orion V CNGs when Jackie had those I can't remember after that though and like D60s I guess yea when I'm not here in BK, Orion Vs from Bee Line I gotta be honest with you wtf is that? XD60 me neither :(

Why the heck do they want to get rid of hybrids?

The Orion V's referred to as the Bee Line Orion's are units in the #100 series that were formerly operating at the Westchester Bee Line System as the #400 series. They were bought on the cheap in 2008 (I believe) and placed at MTA bus depots.

Regarding the Hybrids, I've heard some contradicting stuff about the OG's, but it seems like they'll be leaving at the twelve year mark most likely.