BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Um, no it wasn't. It's one of the few Orion Vs in Staten Island with those errors along with a few in Queens(Casey Stengel) and The Bronx(Gun Hill). This bus never saw MTA Bus service along with the many others like 6086 with the same errors.

True. The only other ones I know that have that error are 6134 (CS) and 6249 (KB).

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The city needs to fix its tour bus policy near the Met and GGuggeneim. I've been on this BxM2 in bumper to bumper trafffic on 5 Av because of the stupid tour buses cloggjng traffic... now we are detouring over to Lexington Ave

The tour buses are ridiculous, but so are the commercial trucks that clog up the damn street double and triple parking everywhere.  It took me almost an 1 hour and 30 minutes on the BxM1 this morning.  <_<

I saw 3813 on the M60 earlier this morning. Does the M60 have rush hour trippers from MJQ?

what the deuce?! as far is know  no it could have been an extra cause someone took a pic of 126 artic doing an m5 run at the begining of the year  like this  and did you see an x in the run # box like X02? 

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=270533

Edited by BreeddekalbL

what the deuce?! as far is know  no it could have been an extra cause someone took a pic of 126 artic doing an m5 run at the begining of the year  like this  and did you see an x in the run # box like X02? 

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=270533

That was an entirely different scenario due to extra service on the M5.

But that M60 could very well be an extra. The bus is currently on an M20/M104 run so the possibility of filling an M60 run is not completely off.

Edited by Cait Sith

LaGuardia is sure having fun with those 9800s/9900s lol

null_zpsa686af83.jpg

Had 9899 on the Q72 earlier.

I heard they will be retired no later than the end of this week... June 28 I think is when the last of them are due out.

Once that happens it will be interesting to see what happens with the LGA CNG situation and whether or not CP will continue to send over buses which would have to be C40s obviously.

I heard they will be retired no later than the end of this week... June 28 I think is when the last of them are due out.

Once that happens it will be interesting to see what happens with the LGA CNG situation and whether or not CP will continue to send over buses which would have to be C40s obviously.

My friend says that too, end of June.

I don't understand why C40s weren't sent out earlier. They ran them on the JFK lines for about 3 weeks and then occasionally, but these CNGs have been running on the LGA lines for about 4 months. That's a good amount of time to train B/Os on the C40.

Edited by GojiMet86

My friend says that too, end of June.

I don't understand why C40s weren't sent out earlier. They ran them on the JFK lines for about 3 weeks and then occasionally, but these CNGs have been running on the LGA lines for about 4 months. That's a good amount of time to train B/Os on the C40.

JFK is still getting C40s... much less now but I saw one on the Q21 last Friday. I did hear one ran the Q23, so I guess they're training the ops.

The tour buses are ridiculous, but so are the commercial trucks that clog up the damn street double and triple parking everywhere.  It took me almost an 1 hour and 30 minutes on the BxM1 this morning.  <_<

I was on the BxM2 for two hours because of the traffic jam due on 5 Av. On Lexington this stupid Fedex truck was blocking 1 lane while MTA workers near the 103rd St (6) station was blocking the other. These UPS and Fedex drivers need to learn that the hazard lights don't give you an excuse to park wherever you want -_-

I was on the BxM2 for two hours because of the traffic jam due on 5 Av. On Lexington this stupid Fedex truck was blocking 1 lane while MTA workers near the 103rd St (6) station was blocking the other. These UPS and Fedex drivers need to learn that the hazard lights don't give you an excuse to park wherever you want -_-

I was close to taking the BxM2 in but didn't feel like running in this heat, so I left later for the BxM1 instead.  Wasn't that much better on Lex.  Traffic was just horrendous this morning.  I didn't care though because I didn't feel like getting off and waiting in a sauna underground for the train so I stayed on and stayed in the AC.

I'm guessing a C40... like I said that still happens.

Is JFK and LGA that short. I'm guessing the RTS's will be staying at JFK when the Q10 is fully converted. What I find hilarious about LGA is that their buses are not that great but their buses are never at CMF or the Vendor.

What I don't understand is why give CP a majority of the express routes when they could get more Local routes and possibly down the line get artic buses.

Quick Observations;

So I'm riding the LIRR westbound this am and between Bethpage and Hicksville I noticed some buses parked at some facility. The buses were painted in NYCT colors, blue and white, so was this some repair facility ? As we approached the junction at Hicksville divide I thought I saw another blue and white bus, N73. I thought NICE painted their buses a different color.

After a transfer at Jamaica to a Brooklyn train leaving the Nostrand Ave station I noticed major roadwork on Nostrand Ave around Fulton St which had traffic screwed up. What was that about? Thanks in advance. I remember the old folks telling me "you learn something new every day". Now I'm the old folk and still curious. Carry on.