BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Ulmer Park smh...this depot needs to get its act together!

Imma say this right now LGA in my opinion is better with maintenance.

LGA has about 20 routes and

UP has about 10 routes

They both have about the same amount of buses...

Yet UP always has buses sitting out of service, while LGA is near empty.

UP idc if you dont want to maintain your buses correctly and having them running terrible, idc as long as it gets me where i need to be. I cant control that...BUT

You must maintain your buses to the point where there shouldnt be something burning/leaking making the whole bus smell like a death trap. It smelled like chemical fuems burningit was piercing my chest. People had their noses covered, i had to open the windows.

And the sad thing is...the bus was 4878 a 2 yr old bus!

Need to seriously get their act together. Because who knows what that smell could of lead to. I was scared to sit in the back, because it felt as if something was going to happen to the engine etc. Smh. I know that bus returned right back to the depot after that run.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ulmer Park smh...this depot needs to get its act together!

Imma say this right now LGA in my opinion is better with maintenance.

LGA has about 20 routes and

UP has about 10 routes

They both have about the same amount of buses...

Yet UP always has buses sitting out of service, while LGA is near empty.

UP idc if you dont want to maintain your buses correctly and having them running terrible, idc as long as it gets me where i need to be. I cant control that...BUT

You must maintain your buses to the point where there shouldnt be something burning/leaking making the whole bus smell like a death trap. It smelled like chemical fuems burningit was piercing my chest. People had their noses covered, i had to open the windows.

And the sad thing is...the bus was 4878 a 2 yr old bus!

Need to seriously get their act together. Because who knows what that smell could of lead to. I was scared to sit in the back, because it felt as if something was going to happen to the engine etc. Smh. I know that bus returned right back to the depot after that run.

The smell doesn't matter to them.. You can call Transit and complain about the smell or how they do things, that's what I told a lady who was sitting next to me one day. Actually the bus is on the B74 run 606 just seen it about 1 hour ago pulling out. It's not really about the depot, things happen to buses. Maybe it was burning something, that's what happened with 4888 it was burning coolant and some other fluids.

The smell doesn't matter to them.. You can call Transit and complain about the smell or how they do things, that's what I told a lady who was sitting next to me one day. Actually the bus is on the B74 run 606 just seen it about 1 hour ago pulling out. It's not really about the depot, things happen to buses. Maybe it was burning something, that's what happened with 4888 it was burning coolant and some other fluids.

I would think with the amount of buses that have caught on fire over the last few years that they would care about smells... 

I would think with the amount of buses that have caught on fire over the last few years that they would care about smells... 

Wasn't many fires at this garage, elsewhere yes! Only a few caught fire here, 5121(Wire Harness problem) , 9099 (Compressor blew up) in service on the B6 LTD, 9246 (Compressor blew up) B36, 2132 had a small fire because the tires rubbed together, and that's basically about it. Other garages had fires due to either the same problems or just completely bad maintenance. But things happen...

Wasn't many fires at this garage, elsewhere yes! Only a few caught fire here, 5121(Wire Harness problem) , 9099 (Compressor blew up) in service on the B6 LTD, 9246 (Compressor blew up) B36, 2132 had a small fire because the tires rubbed together, and that's basically about it. Other garages had fires due to either the same problems or just completely bad maintenance. But things happen...

Yeah but you guys didn't have that many new buses before.  Most of the fires that I can think of happened with the electric hybrid buses.

Yeah but you guys didn't have that many new buses before. Most of the fires that I can think of happened with the electric hybrid buses.

8752, 9017, 8017, the Phoenix, 112, 9656 part 1, that one that caught fire in Jamaica, 7672, that Orion V, etc...all diesels

8752, 9017, 8017, the Phoenix, 112, 9656 part 1, that one that caught fire in Jamaica, 7672, that Orion V, etc...all diesels

Quite a few hybrids out of LGA have caught fire on the highway...

Makes me a little afraid to take the Q70 lol, of course the buses that caught fire were all OGs and if they do things like they do now on the 33 the 70 will be mostly/all NG.

S52 buses are being detoured in both directions due to Fingerboard Rd being closed from Narrows Road South to Hylan Blvd.

Southbound S52s are turning left onto Narrows Road South heading to Lily Pond Ave, turning right on Lily Pond and turning right onto McClean Ave returning to normal route at Sand Lane.

Northbound S52s are continuing on Hylan Blvd from Sand Ln all the way to Narrows Road South, turning right on Narrows Road South and turning left onto Fingerboard continuing normal route.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

yeah 9010, 3758 from FR, 112 from LG, 9317 from LG, basically everything from LG lmao. The Phoenix had a fire??

Just now noticed the new "wide turn" buses on the back of the 3Gs in Staten Island have an XD-40 on them. I guess (MTA) anticipates plenty of those coming along. Also saw an (MTA) MCI standing on the side of the highway just south of 86 St in Brooklyn. Was standing on a cutout in the shoulder to the right on northbound direction with hazard lights blinking.

Just now noticed the new "wide turn" buses on the back of the 3Gs in Staten Island have an XD-40 on them. I guess (MTA) anticipates plenty of those coming along. Also saw an (MTA) MCI standing on the side of the highway just south of 86 St in Brooklyn. Was standing on a cutout in the shoulder to the right on northbound direction with hazard lights blinking.

You'd think, but they actually gave up using that sticker for an even smaller one with no distinctive bus on the back.

So they're definitely still running CP buses out of LGA, took 9836 for the whole route of the Q67 today.

You'd think, but they actually gave up using that sticker for an even smaller one with no distinctive bus on the back.

So they're definitely still running CP buses out of LGA, took 9836 for the whole route of the Q67 today.

They still are. My friend rode like 5 of them a few days ago. 9899 was on the Q101. Per my friend, 9899 was also on the Q53. 9871 and 9918 were on the Q72. Yesterday, 9871 was on the Q69, 9836 on the Q53 and the Q49. And that run on the Q103 had a CNG yet again. He's had one almost everyday since this started, except a few days ago.

yeah 9010, 3758 from FR, 112 from LG, 9317 from LG, basically everything from LG lmao. The Phoenix had a fire??

Yeah she burst into flames after being delivered brand new as 4396...don't think it saw service after spontaneously combusting then after a while they renumbered it to 0010 (i think when the NGs first came in)

...why do you think its called the Phoenix lmao

Why does this say MTA bus instead of New York City Transit?

Where was this bus originally??

20130624_202823_zps2f6cf8ca.jpg

No that bus was under MTA Bus company. Went back to NYCB and was never changed back over but it doesn't really matter. When MTA Bus gets the hand me downs they come from TA/OA and they leave them with NYCB. There's MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus. Edited by ciboii22

Ciboii i didnt ask for all of that! I know that lmaoo! Smh

Just answer where did this bus come from meaning what depot lol smh.

You have to admit he was good in his attempt to help you out.

To my knowledge that bus has always been in The Bronx. I believe it was last at Gun Hill (NYCT Bus), but the only reasoning for a (MTA Bus) decal to be on the bus would be the bus was previously based at Eastchester where they placed a new decal, then returned to Gun Hill where it was moved to Charleston.

To make it more confusing I think that bus has been at Kingsbridge a few times, but then again which Orion V at Eastchester or Gun Hill hasn't. Anyway nice to see #6228 at Charleston now.

Final answer: Eastchester - Gun Hill - Charleston.

Edited by Turbo19

Thanks Ciboii lol

Also thanks turbo...btw the S78 is out of Charleston.

F**k, forgot about Charleston. Fairly new depot honestly. Thanks for the heads up.

I edited my post to reflect that. Everything else still stands.

No that bus was under MTA Bus company. Went back to NYCB and was never changed back over but it doesn't really matter. When MTA Bus gets the hand me downs they come from TA/OA and they leave them with NYCB. There's MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus.

Um, no it wasn't. It's one of the few Orion Vs in Staten Island with those errors along with a few in Queens(Casey Stengel) and The Bronx(Gun Hill). This bus never saw MTA Bus service along with the many others like 6086 with the same errors.

Edited by Cait Sith

Um, no it wasn't. It's one of the few Orion Vs in Staten Island with those errors along with a few in Queens(Casey Stengel) and The Bronx(Gun Hill). This bus never saw MTA Bus service along with the many others like 6086 with the same errors.

So it was never at Easchester previously as i assumed? Thanks for the information.

Oh so it was a mistake then, okay.