BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the (MTA) is done with the whole hybrid phase after finding out they aren't really as fuel efficient as they thought they were.

As for the second part of your question, it's one of 2 things...

If you was on one with the ZF transmission (I'm sure you know which ones they are), they naturally do that. If you was on an Allison one, then the driver was manually shifting the gears to get the most out of each gear.

I get the hybrid thing, but the added stability of having a motor at each wheel of both mid and rear axles seems like a worthwhile benefit to go for on the artics.

I didn't catch the bus number, unfortunately.

From the MTA website:

Service Change  Posted: 02/13/2014 11:11AM

Bx12 buses are detoured due to weather related conditions.

Detour is as follows:

Westbound: Via Bailey Av, Left on 230 St, Left on Broadway, left on 225 St, Right on Bailey Av and then regular route.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change  Posted: 02/13/2014 10:27AM

Bx11 buses are detoured, due to hazardous road conditions on Jennings Av between Southern Blvd and Bryant Pk.

Detour is as follows:

Eastbound: Via Jennings  Av, right on Southern Blvd, left on E 167 St, right on Hoe Av into terminal.

Allow additional travel time.

---

YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Edited by aemoreira81

Lmao & that's so sad because in human years, that's only a teenager :(

Well that's actually the term most in the industry use.

It seems there is only one Orion V CNG left, 9905, and chances are you'll find it on the Q66. I'm checking ECH on Sunday.

Time's running out...

It seems there is only one Orion V CNG left, 9905, and chances are you'll find it on the Q66. I'm checking ECH on Sunday.

College Point is running those buses until they no longer work. Look at 9915 it was ran until it finally gave up on the Q23. If one of those buses start to have problems it will be taken OOS and sent to scrap. So expect those remaining Orion CNG's to run until they have a problem.

College Point is running those buses until they no longer work. Look at 9915 it was ran until it finally gave up on the Q23. If one of those buses start to have problems it will be taken OOS and sent to scrap. So expect those remaining Orion CNG's to run until they have a problem.

#9905 is retired as of tonight sir.