BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, D60HF on the Q35 today, haven't seen that on a weekend in a little while.

I saw it at Flatbush Junction with my friend.

You can say me & my day one went "busfanning" today :D I never saw so much of Brooklyn in one day. It was my very first time doing it too. I usually only use transportation to get from A to B, but we went a few different places today so we just ended up taking a few routes.

- Took the B44 +Select (Didn't peep the number)

- Then 5199 on the B44 Local when we left Triangle shopping center. Coulda took 5175 but the B/O on that one kept leaving the bus & it never started up. Shit probably still there.

- Got 6504 on the Q54 at Williamsburg Bridge Plaza. First time in a while I was able to catch an Old Gen on that route. That hybrid sounded great too.

- Ended it with 9518 on the B38 to her place where I am now.

It was nice out lol. I had fun. I felt like a kid staring at the buses coming in & out of willamsburg bride plz.

Never caught a D60 before. The Q10 sucks its suppose to use the D60's but I still see a majority or almost all of the line being hybrids and RTS. Saturday I was around the Q10 and no D60's this weekend at all. When I don't need the Q10 I see the D60's, when I need it all Orion VII's.

Never caught a D60 before. The Q10 sucks its suppose to use the D60's but I still see a majority or almost all of the line being hybrids and RTS. Saturday I was around the Q10 and no D60's this weekend at all. When I don't need the Q10 I see the D60's, when I need it all Orion VII's.

Artics aren't used on the Q10 during weekends, but it might be 100% artics after the Spring pick.

Artics aren't used on the Q10 during weekends, but it might be 100% artics after the Spring pick.

I've seen D60's on the Q10 on the weekends for the past year. I've seem them at Kew Gardens as late as 10:00PM. I noticed when I wait for the Q10 I always see and catch a hybrid. When I'm walking along the line a lot of times I see 2 to 4 D60's pass. I feel like I will never catch these buses.

Don't you hate stuff like that lol.

Personally I pefrer the Q10 to have LFSA's. Because I rode D60's way too much before. But there's always next time to catch one right?

Personally I pefrer the Q10 to have LFSA's. Because I rode D60's way too much before. But there's always next time to catch one right?

I supposingly heard one of the D60's from JFK retired. Those artic buses are not going to be here until 2015. I can imagine MTA bus getting the 02/03 New Flyer D60HF's. Of course JFK gets the buses that are falling apart and they got QV's Ex 1996 RTS's.

I supposingly heard one of the D60's from JFK retired. Those artic buses are not going to be here until 2015. I can imagine MTA bus getting the 02/03 New Flyer D60HF's. Of course JFK gets the buses that are falling apart and they got QV's Ex 1996 RTS's.

I would rather them have the 02/03 D60HF's if they get hand-me-downs all the time. But those LFSA's are like rockets if you have the right driver. Trust me.

I've heard a rumor (don't know how true it is) that JFK is supposed to receive 1200s from Gun Hill.

I guess the 2003 New Flyer D60HF's will be the last batch of buses retiring with blackbacks.

What was the purpose of repainting those ex Beeline Orion V's when they may be retired any day? BP's batch has not been repainted so I really think it was a waste of money repainting some of ECH's 95's.

Edited by NewFlyer 230