BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would anyone think about using the current Metro North paint scheme on the Genesis engines on the (MTA) express buses (Via Garibaldi 8, are you listening? :) ). Or on any (MTA) Bus for that matter?

Pic please...  <_< I'm actually fine with the looks of the current express buses out of Yonkers (2004 - 2007 version).

how long will the bee-line OV's be around, and where is the best place to catch them?

from what i last heard eastchster on the q50 bx23  or very rarely possibly during rush hours at baisley park on the q110 q111 q112 q113 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

how long will the bee-line OV's be around, and where is the best place to catch them?

Best place is in Jamaica on the Q110/1/2/3 during rush hours...You can catch the oldest TA bus 101 and Frankenstein 133

Meanwhile in Pelham Bay they appear on the Q50 and Bx23...a bonus is that some of them are repainted.

They rarely appear on the Q64 as well.

Edited by R44 CNG

Best place is in Jamaica on the Q110/1/2/3 during rush hours...You can catch the oldest TA bus 101 and Frankenstein 133

Meanwhile in Pelham Bay they appear on the Q50 and Bx23...a bonus is that some of them are repainted.

They rarely appear on the Q64 as well.

yeah they are the best buses in the MTA and the best sounding ones too imo

Just saw 445 standing crapped out on 92 St at the 79/53/93/8 stop with an MTA tow truck behind it (or actually just some sort of assistance truck, I don't think I saw a tow hook) and rear panel and front driver-side panel open.

Today, after Citizen Defending Library meeting in Brooklyn Heights' Cadmen Tower, I took (C) EXP to Penn Station, show MetroCard on Ronkonhoma to Woodside.

When I boarded LGA-bound Q70 #4025 at 19:48, Q70 didn't turn at 75th St and male driver on Q70 went on Q33 route because of accident on BQE.

Also this morning, when I got M60 SBS ticket at Terminal C,nice male driver on Morningside Heights-bound M60SBS 5976 was very nice and at 81st St Station, 77th St, Steinway, 31st Sts.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Today, after Citizen Defending Library meeting in Brooklyn Heights' Cadmen Tower, I took (C) EXP to Penn Station, show MetroCard on Ronkonhoma to Woodside.

When I boarded LGA-bound Q70 #4025 at 19:48, Q70 didn't turn at 75th St and male driver on Q70 went on Q33 route because of accident on BQE.

Also this morning, when I got M60 SBS ticket at Terminal C,nice male driver on Morningside Heights-bound M60SBS 5976 was very nice and at 81st St Station, 77th St, Steinway, 31st Sts.

What's the alternate routing when there's a problem on the BQE?