BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you, but the ratio of Midtown to Bay Terrance bound QM20's at this time should NOT be 2:0...

Yikes, at least it can get repaired soon.

What exactly happened?

It hit the divider along the Gowanus at the area where it splits between the Belt Parkway & I-278.

Wow..Thats crazy..Is the B/O ok...Was there any Passengers on that bus? 

The driver is ok and there were NO passengers on the bus.

The bus was heading back to Ulmer Park depot and was cut

off by a car who didn't know where they were going.

The car cut a cross a few lanes to get to the left side/belt parkway.

Sooo many gaps on the M2 today... but then that seems to be fairly common. I swear, the MTA treats the deuce like the red-headed step-child.

BusTime/BusTrek should have ended this. This is bad dispatching. Even if there is monitoring from a central station, the central station should contact the driver to see what the conditions are like and short-turn or put buses in place as needed. "Keep going" is not always the best option.

I heard they might detour the M1/2/3/4/5 due to the crowd of people that came to the Apple Store to get the iPhone 6.

SMH people just go to the Grand Central one or somewhere else, that one is just as much of an "experience" as 5th and the line's much less of a sh*tshow. I haven't been there in years, hell I haven't been to any Apple Store in the city besides Grand Central for a long time. If there's not a new release going on I'll go to the Grand Central one, usually isn't that bad on a regular day, otherwise I usually go to the Staten Island one personally. Sure it's an extra $6 out of my pocket for the X17 but the ride is just fine and when you get there it's nothing like the city stores. I usually do the online order with store pickup when I want the new iPhone when they start offering it a few weeks after the release, even then I usually do SI since it's just so much less of a mess than the ones here. I ain't one to say anything's better in the suburbs, but the Apple stores are...

I walked past quite a few phone company stores today too and the lines were nothing, hell if I wanted to I could probably walk into Sprint and walk out with a 6 right now. Really don't get the fanboys wasting their time on 5th.

SMH people just go to the Grand Central one or somewhere else, that one is just as much of an "experience" as 5th and the line's much less of a sh*tshow. I haven't been there in years, hell I haven't been to any Apple Store in the city besides Grand Central for a long time. If there's not a new release going on I'll go to the Grand Central one, usually isn't that bad on a regular day, otherwise I usually go to the Staten Island one personally. Sure it's an extra $6 out of my pocket for the X17 but the ride is just fine and when you get there it's nothing like the city stores. I usually do the online order with store pickup when I want the new iPhone when they start offering it a few weeks after the release, even then I usually do SI since it's just so much less of a mess than the ones here. I ain't one to say anything's better in the suburbs, but the Apple stores are...

I walked past quite a few phone company stores today too and the lines were nothing, hell if I wanted to I could probably walk into Sprint and walk out with a 6 right now. Really don't get the fanboys wasting their time on 5th.

They'll be seen on 5th Avenue.  They won't be seen in suburban areas like Staten Island.  We have an AT&T store here in Riverdale on Johnson Avenue that you could probably walk right into order an iPhone and be on one of the express buses back to the city in no time.

They'll be seen on 5th Avenue. They won't be seen in suburban areas like Staten Island. We have an AT&T store here in Riverdale on Johnson Avenue that you could probably walk right into order an iPhone and be on one of the express buses back to the city in no time.

We got AT&T Sprint and Verizon here too and the lines are just fine.

Just wondering, what is the future of the hybrids? I ask because the TTC has had uncountable issues with them and has decided to retire the earliest (2006 OGs) in 2016-2017, 10 years after the buses entered service, with the earliest (2007) of the NGs due out some time after. I have heard no such rumblings pertaining to New York's hybrids, and they have a lot more older buses that need retirement before they can begin ripping into the hybrids, don't they?

Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

Manhattan. Spent my time in dirty jers for the week already lol

lol... Aka the swamp...

Just wondering, what is the future of the hybrids? I ask because the TTC has had uncountable issues with them and has decided to retire the earliest (2006 OGs) in 2016-2017, 10 years after the buses entered service, with the earliest (2007) of the NGs due out some time after. I have heard no such rumblings pertaining to New York's hybrids, and they have a lot more older buses that need retirement before they can begin ripping into the hybrids, don't they?

Well the hybrids need more maintenance, and from what I can see they do pull them when needed and run the old buses. They really can't take a beating like the usual buses do (i.e. tons of potholes, etc.) and they aren't the greatest for really cold weather either which Canada gets plenty of so there are a few reason why hybrids don't make sense there. 

As of right now that's set in stone, the OGs at (MTA) Bus are gonna get converted to diesel

The following thats circulating around is nothing more than heresay and may or may not be actually true...

-The oldest OGs at NYCT Bus will be retired by the big LFS/XD40 order

-The NGs at (MTA) Bus will be converted to diesel

-The lead acid NGs will go to (MTA) Bus and also get converted