BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Some B/O's are really rude it's sad. Yesterday I was trying to catch 6300 on the B47 and the driver looked dead in my face and drove off. Later on in the evening walking home a B48 was coming down the block & drove past this lady that was jumping & waving. She thought it was the express and I had to tell her why he really drove past. Because he's a dick. Smh.

Edited by E For Erica

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The QM10 goes to LeFrak City which is anything but affluent. Rego Park isn't affluent either.  Forest Hills is however affluent, especially the estate area, but I don't get the impression that the Forest Hills folks use the express buses like that.  In other words, they don't even bother with the express buses like that.  They'll either drive or take the LIRR in and Rego Park certainly isn't all that great in terms of money wise anyway.

And that's the reason most people don't use the QM4 on the weekends to the extent that they could.

I thought people don't bother with the QM4 because the Q64 is much more frequent.

That too. However, the LIRR fare is $4.00 on the weekends, and $5.75 during off peak weekday periods. You will see more people utilize that than the QM4. The Q64 is even more frequent, so thays another factor.

That too. However, the LIRR fare is $4.00 on the weekends, and $5.75 during off peak weekday periods. You will see more people utilize that than the QM4. The Q64 is even more frequent, so thays another factor.

That's what I've been taking advantage of these days. Queens Blvd has been a hot mess this entire week. I've been getting on the train at Kew Gardens, no hassle & no stress.

That's what I've been taking advantage of these days. Queens Blvd has been a hot mess this entire week. I've been getting on the train at Kew Gardens, no hassle & no stress.

lol... The subways are a mess in general, so $4.00 is definitely a steal on weekends.  I think it should be more than $4.00. $5.00 makes more sense.

Took my daughter to the Transit Museum yesterday. Still looked the same as it did when I last went in 2003. Of course, she had fun pretending she was driving the buses. Of course, the information has not been updated since then. They still had Hudson Pier as an active depot

Took my daughter to the Transit Museum yesterday. Still looked the same as it did when I last went in 2003. Of course, she had fun pretending she was driving the buses. Of course, the information has not been updated since then. They still had Hudson Pier as an active depot

LOL... That's pretty funny... I went down there years ago as a kid and I used to pass by there when I worked for the (MTA) and had to go from 370 Jay Street over to 130 Livingston.

LOL... That's pretty funny... I went down there years ago as a kid and I used to pass by there when I worked for the (MTA) and had to go from 370 Jay Street over to 130 Livingston.

LOL...and still had Castleton and Yukon as the only depots on Staten Island

hJuVtRB.gif

This shit is exactly why you get well over a hundred people around this time of day (I came home a little early today, otherwise I'd have likely been waiting for one of those FIVE B12's heading back west.....) waiting at the first stop over there for the B12 over at Alabama....

Notice you do not see ONE bus heading back towards Lefferts Gardens !

(the screenshot cuts off just before alabama, but there was no WB bus there anyway)

While I was on the B12 I got off of, THREE of those buses you see spread out b/w Saratoga & M. gaston were at the rutland rd stop at the time (it's what prompted me to check bustime when I came home).... When I got off that same B12 (albany/clarkson), there was another EB bus at the albany/clarkson EB stop, and yet another bus at 39th/clarkson (which is 2 blocks away)..... That accounts for five of the 6 buses you see in the screenshot.

Of the 3 buses that were literally front-to-back at rutland, two of them were absolutely crushloaded.... the other one had a moderate crowd....

Edited by B35 via Church

hJuVtRB.gif

This shit is exactly why you get well over a hundred people around this time of day (I came home a little early today, otherwise I'd have likely been waiting for one of those FIVE B12's heading back west.....) waiting at the first stop over there for the B12 over at Alabama....

Notice you do not see ONE bus heading back towards Lefferts Gardens !

(the screenshot cuts off just before alabama, but there was no WB bus there anyway)

While I was on the B12 I got off of, THREE of those buses you see spread out b/w Saratoga & M. gaston were at the rutland rd stop at the time (it's what prompted me to check bustime when I came home).... When I got off that same B12 (albany/clarkson), there was another EB bus at the albany/clarkson EB stop, and yet another bus at 39th/clarkson (which is 2 blocks away)..... That accounts for five of the 6 buses you see in the screenshot.

Of the 3 buses that were literally front-to-back at rutland, two of them were absolutely crushloaded.... the other one had a moderate crowd....

There's actually 6 of them which makes even worse. How often are those buses scheduled to come at whatever time that is?

There's actually 6 of them which makes even worse. How often are those buses scheduled to come at whatever time that is?

The time of that post yesterday was within minutes of me uploading that screenshot; so around 7pm more or less...

How often are they scheduled around that time? About 7 minutes or so....

I can tell you right now that buses do NOT arrive at Alabama av every 7 minutes around 6-7pm.... They usually arrive in 2's, sometimes even 3's, and it's usually a 15-20 min. wait for a bunch of 2 or 3 to occur.... So much so that if I come off the LIRR & see a crowd of about 50+ already there, I'm not pushing &/or forcing my way on, on the sly, to get on that first bus.... I'm not standing from Alabama av to Utica av, f*ck that.

About 2 weeks ago, I don't know wtf happened, but it got so bad that an op on the B25 (which terminates across the street from the B12) made that illegal U -urn & started picking up B12 passengers for the trip back west (I got on this bus, since the B12 ahead of it was crushloaded).... Ridiculous.

The B25 B12 I got on left crushloaded also (luckily, I was amongst the first few people to get on, so I got a seat)....

The MTA truncating the B12 from City Line to Alabama av (J) made sense, but it was a gift & a curse at the same time... The real problem is, they should have extended the B45 or the B65 to Alabama av to help out the B12 b/w Alabama & St. John's, because a significant enough an amount of people are getting off at Rockaway av for the B60, or the projects that the B12 passes by before it ever hits Pitkin....

I'm just going to say that the B12 doesn't need more service, it needs a supplement on the eastern portion of the route which is where I believe the problem starts (because more riders board/disembark at more of the intermediate stops on the eastern portion of the route), whenever they begin to start (not) arriving at the posted interval/headway....

You can clearly hear people sucking their teeth when the buses that have been washed (meaning they're OOS for the rest of the day) are headed back to (one of) the lots (I'll admit there are a lot of buses that pass by), but that's not what bothers me.... What irritates me to no end, is when I see B45's & B65's coming out of the depot to deadhead to St. John's/Ralph - along ENY av, to boot....

Edited by B35 via Church

The time of that post yesterday was within minutes of me uploading that screenshot; so around 7pm more or less...

How often are they scheduled around that time? About 7 minutes or so....

I can tell you right now that buses do NOT arrive at Alabama av every 7 minutes around 6-7pm.... They usually arrive in 2's, sometimes even 3's, and it's usually a 15-20 min. wait for a bunch of 2 or 3 to occur.... So much so that if I come off the LIRR & see a crowd of about 50+ already there, I'm not pushing &/or forcing my way on, on the sly, to get on that first bus.... I'm not standing from Alabama av to Utica av, f*ck that.

About 2 weeks ago, I don't know wtf happened, but it got so bad that an op on the B25 (which terminates across the street from the B12) made that illegal U -urn & started picking up B12 passengers for the trip back west (I got on this bus, since the B12 ahead of it was crushloaded).... Ridiculous.

The B25 B12 I got on left crushloaded also (luckily, I was amongst the first few people to get on, so I got a seat)....

The MTA truncating the B12 from City Line to Alabama av (J) made sense, but it was a gift & a curse at the same time... The real problem is, they should have extended the B45 or the B65 to Alabama av to help out the B12 b/w Alabama & St. John's, because a significant enough an amount of people are getting off at Rockaway av for the B60, or the projects that the B12 passes by before it ever hits Pitkin....

I'm just going to say that the B12 doesn't need more service, it needs a supplement on the eastern portion of the route which is where I believe the problem starts (because more riders board/disembark at more of the intermediate stops on the eastern portion of the route), whenever they begin to start (not) arriving at the posted interval/headway....

You can clearly hear people sucking their teeth when the buses that have been washed (meaning they're OOS for the rest of the day) are headed back to (one of) the lots (I'll admit there are a lot of buses that pass by), but that's not what bothers me.... What irritates me to no end, is when I see B45's & B65's coming out of the depot to deadhead to St. John's/Ralph - along ENY av, to boot....

Well seems like they should try a few things... Run artics if at all possible AND/OR have a few empty B12's run directly from the depot.  The problem is that the (MTA) is not adding service on some lines when they should be. Buses are crushloaded and they simply refuse to add more service. Seeing this on quite a few lines.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8