BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Its been a long time since I seen a fare inspector on the 44 SBS at Av.X, usually there is not one around 

Today I took two trips on the 12 SBS and both times I rode the inspectors were on the move in their van going the opposite direction.

However, nothing beats that one time I saw them doing checks at 5:30 in the morning a couple of years ago...

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Saw one of it an Orion V in Midtown last Saturday. Now, they have some printed paper covering the typical farebox info (black and white).

New fare stickers are going up..

I've noticed that printed paper on all of the Riverdale express buses I've been on.  They're all ready to tear that off and start with the $6.50 fare.  I'll be refilling today getting two $55.00 cards, so I won't the new fare for another two weeks.  :D

Gotta say, I know we knew that there'd be movements and changes as these new XD40s came in, but I'm really bummed out about how it's all gone down at Flatbush. That depot was RTS-central not long ago, and now the 9600s are gone, the high 5100s are gone, and currently even the mid 5100s are leaving. I'll miss the RTS on the B46 with a good op...

QM17%20Bus_zpskt6e0izm.jpg

QM17 - Passengers about to get off.

I was going to go shopping over in Whitestone tonight, but there were so many QM2's heading towards Bay Terrace that I said screw it, got the 19:30 BxM2 and headed home to Riverdale. Made good time too... Got off of the bus around 20:25 considering the inclement weather.

Gotta say, I know we knew that there'd be movements and changes as these new XD40s came in, but I'm really bummed out about how it's all gone down at Flatbush. That depot was RTS-central not long ago, and now the 9600s are gone, the high 5100s are gone, and currently even the mid 5100s are leaving. I'll miss the RTS on the B46 with a good op...

Makes me want to fan Flatbush Routes soon as well as Grand Avenue

It looks like More XD40 is in NYCT Forecast the 72 Additional buses to replace the V's will be XD40.

I just wonder where the Ta will put them.

got this from http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=303601

Its not much of an "additional buses" per se, they just took 72 buses from the option order contract (still don't know who that going to) and moved them to the main order.

Actually forgot about them 72 buses lol

Its not much of an "additional buses" per se, they just took 72 buses from the option order contract (still don't know who that going to) and moved them to the main order.

Actually forgot about them 72 buses lol

If it means the end of the Orions and RTS buses, then I'm all for it.  I was a teenager when some of those buses came in and it's time for them to go.

72 XD40s huh. Maybe they will go to CS or MJQ to replace what is there.

The 72 extra buses are getting rid of all the Orion V's for good. The Quill RTS are not going anywhere as the RTS is not on high priority to be retired, unlike the Orions which were found to have severe sstructural problems.

The 72 extra buses are getting rid of all the Orion V's for good. The Quill RTS are not going anywhere as the RTS is not on high priority to be retired, unlike the Orions which were found to have severe sstructural problems.

Ok, so I guess CS only because other depots getting rid of their Orion Vs now are getting LFS buses.

I'll miss that as well Flatbush was all RTS for years before 08. When all the XD's come in they'd be lucky to have about 30 rts left. Up got to keep their RTS idk why & their garage is smaller. Edited by Flatbush Depot

I'll miss that as well Flatbush was all RTS for years before 08. When all the XD's come in they'd be lucky to have about 30 rts left. Up got to keep their RTS idk why & their garage is smaller.

I can definitely say the same.

A good part of the 50xx and 51xx will now be in ENY, UP (Possibly) and Grand Avenue (Possibly).

Out of curiosity, during the weekdays when the Bx15 uses the XD60 are they only allowed to terminate at 149th St and not Manhattan. Because I have yet to see an XD60 go into Manhattan.

Yes because during weekdays, Kingsbridge takes over the Bx15 local and all locals end at 149 Street at that time.