BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random- Why does 4831 still say MTA Bus??

The paint shops have been a mess ever since the new paint scheme was announced. You can see it in the quality of the C40LF's repaints. The 200's look amazing but the 400's coming back now are so inconsistent. (especially the striping and the location of decals and numbers)

And don't even get me started with the 2011 diesel buses. Some are coming back with just the MTA logo or coming back with MTA Bus instead of New York City Bus. Some of the C40LF's have the larger numbers intended for the new paint scheme on their sides (above the drivers window).

I saw 3 shorties on the Q44 yesterday, IDK what going on how many more buses do they need to steal before they have enough artics for the route. At this point CS should get part of the next LFSA order or just start wrapping XD40's. 

They have more than enough for the route, its probably because some LFSA need to be repaired or because the artics aren't needed on the route as much as you think they should.

Remember, the Q44 SBS is 24 hours. So those buses will see a lot more usage than they used to. Before SBS even started for the line, they used to run 40fters primarily during the after-hours. Ridership has gone up over the years so the artics will see a whole lot of usage throughout all hours of the day, so they'll be taken out of service often.

It should not be considered for that route.

Why not? SBS's biggest plus is speeding up boarding times. It takes eighteen years to board the W/B 96 around Madison after the schools get out, and the same is true on the West Side going East. That could be sped up. 

Why not? SBS's biggest plus is speeding up boarding times. It takes eighteen years to board the W/B 96 around Madison after the schools get out, and the same is true on the West Side going East. That could be sped up.

Hmm.... Now that I think of it, how come this route never saw not one artic on the route?

Manhattan crosstowns are too short of routes (distance wise) for POP savings to make a real difference in trip times. I'm not a big fan of any of these Manhattan crosstown SBS routes currently in operation.

Don't forget the bus stop of 97th Street & 5th Avenue. During rush hours, people pack at that bus stop. 

Hmm.... Now that I think of it, how come this route never saw not one artic on the route?

I'd wish I know that... But there was an RTS from Flatbush Depot on the M96 last year. 

And in the top 10 in Brooklyn. I would consider putting some on the B12 as well

I wouldn't bother.... The capacity provided by the amount of BPH (40'-ers) dedicated to the route is justified (the route's main problem is bunching).... One could even argue that the route is over-served (since it's been cut back to Alabama).... Regardless, the point is, there are other (ENY) routes I'd dedicate artics to before I'd run em on the B12....

The B15 & the B82 are the top guns (so to speak), but I'll give you a route that pulls in less riders than the B12 that would benefit more from them - Which is, the B17....

....that route should have B12-like service (5-7 mins) during the rush.... But since it doesn't, artics would be more beneficial for that route at service every 10-12 mins....

Hi everyone, this is my first joining this website. I don't know what bus number was it but on the XD60, I was on the Q113 Limited heading to Hillside and since there were a few people on the bus, I notice that someone made a scratch mark on the two seater behind the second door. The scratch mark had a "F" on the seat. Why would someone do this on the new bus? I also found trash on the bus and gum behind the seat. Freaking careless.

Hi everyone, this is my first joining this website. I don't know what bus number was it but on the XD60, I was on the Q113 Limited heading to Hillside and since there were a few people on the bus, I notice that someone made a scratch mark on the two seater behind the second door. The scratch mark had a "F" on the seat. Why would someone do this on the new bus? I also found trash on the bus and gum behind the seat. Freaking careless.

The same reason people throw trash on the local buses, vomit and do all other sorts of things... They don't care and weren't raised to be civilized, and enjoy destroying things.

People don't know how to respect public property. It will definitely kill them if they held their garbage until they found a garbage. It's sad how people feel the need to tag something that is not theirs. That's why we can't have nice things.