BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea last time I went to check the MJQ depot it was only like one floor and I didn't see if there were more floors.

I agree maybe the roof of the MJQ depot should be used for employee parking space just like Manhattanville does with its roof.

Basement: Employee parking

Ground floor: wash bays/parking

2nd floor: mechanic area

Roof: more parking/midday express bus storage

Edited by Turtle

The Bx12 SBS ran gloriously the whole day on Friday. A local no-showed on me in the morning, but since so many kiddos were too chicken to go to school in the slush, the stay-at-homers didn't go out shopping, and the Eagle team was all over Fordham it thinned out the ridership by quite a bit, making the buses run less crowded in the morning and straight up efficient in the afternoon.

I think the cure for high ridership on this line is to manipulate our local climate and make it rain and snow every other day like in Seattle and London. ????

I think the cure for high ridership on this line is to manipulate our local climate and make it rain and snow every other day like in Seattle and London. [emoji23]

They'd probably get used to it eventually….

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Why were they running? Was it because of the snow yesterday?

Friday's snow was a non-event, there were no chains needed and the artics were going strong.

We already have Blizzard Watches going up for Tuesday however. If the cards line up correctly we'll be measuring by the FOOT in some cases (I doubt it in the city though with temps in the mid 30s)

Edited by paulrivera

Friday's snow was a non-event, there were no chains needed and the artics were going strong.

We already have Blizzard Watches going up for Tuesday however. If the cards line up correctly we'll be measuring by the FOOT in some cases (I doubt it in the city though with temps in the mid 30s)

Oh and yea I heard about the snow we are going to have on Tuesday predictions are saying 2 feet of snow for the city on Tuesday.

Greyhound's already cancelling buses and it's still a day and a half out.... Wow, at least wait till tomorrow.......

That's good, cause you want to give people heads up not, 10 minutes before the bus leaves ... or worse have the bus get stranded.

Barring any potential travel bans, NYC bus service is already planned to run at 70% capacity tomorrow with no artics running.

Stay home and stay safe tomorrow, people.

You can't stop me!!!!???? Expect some bus action from me tomorrow!

I was gonna check out the BX12 SBS tomorrow but there won't be any above ground subway service (I live in Caransie)  <_<  I'd have to walk to the Liberty Ave (C) station and I don't feel like doing that both ways, during last year's storm I walked home from that stop to where I live, it was quite fun actually  :)

If had an Unlimited I might have considered taking the B103 or B17 to the IRT, but a have a PPR card so that's not an option  -_-

Edited by trainfan22

I was gonna check out the BX12 SBS tomorrow but there won't be any above ground subway service (I live in Caransie)  <_<  I'd have to walk to the Liberty Ave (C) station and I don't feel like doing that both ways, during last year's storm I walked home from that stop to where I live, it was quite fun actually  :)

If had an Unlimited I might have considered taking the B103 or B17 to the IRT, but a have a PPR card so that's not an option  -_-

You guys are crazy. I will be staying inside tomorrow, only venturing to the balcony window to see the happenings outside. More extra time to play...  :D