BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Could they have asked MTA for a bus instead? We have a few extras laying around and there is still the system reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

It's not as east as just walking up to Eastchester and borrowing a random bus from the lot. Those movie buses are mostly privately owned by either the company itself, or by someone else.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But on Feburary 9th, Gun Hill borrowed some Orion 7 HEV and CNGs and Novabus RTS's from WF and QV and the drivers were from GH. GH didn't need to be re-trained.

Gun Hill operators are practically trained on everything.

But, in terms of actual depot assignments, operators may have to be retrained.

They made the bathrooms at ETC employees only, when was this done? I used that bathroom all the time when I went fanning in SI.

Today I finally rode a 2013 MCI for the first time, surprisingly they don't sound that much different than the MCI's with the CAT13/DD60, still was a fun ride, even saw 3 old MCI's with the green signs.

SC MCI's now have these "this bus has USB ports" stickers on them next to the depot logo, IDK how those stickers been on those buses but I just noticed it this week.

They will prob wrap a select amount of them for the M86 SBS prob the later units, so they could toss these first bunch on the Lex ave lines or they could just keep the Nova LFSAs wrapped and run with those but XD60s are coming to SBS lines so who knows anymore.

But on Feburary 9th, Gun Hill borrowed some Orion 7 HEV and CNGs and Novabus RTS's from WF and QV and the drivers were from GH. GH didn't need to be re-trained.

The difference is only a couple buttons, the height of the bus, and the feel of the acceleration. That's something that can be ran through as the bus is given out during am service.

The difference is only a couple buttons, the height of the bus, and the feel of the acceleration. That's something that can be ran through as the bus is given out during am service.

Are depots like Manhattanville, 100st and Quill able to do that and handle CNG's if they were loaned one

A few things going on...

They've got checkers on the Yonkers express buses. Had one on both BxM2 buses I took today. Interestingly enough both drivers were courteous. I was asked to complete a surveyor on one which I did.

On the BxM6 I took coming back from Parkchester, we had the rudest a-hole. He's on break eating and opens the door to throw his trash out. An older woman waiting was obviously cold, so she walks towards the bus and boy did she make a mistake. He says "Calm down. Calm down. There's still a few minutes left... Not unless you want to get on", and then chuckles as if it's cute. She was clearly pissed. Everyone just waited. Then he waives us on. So incredibly rude. If you're going to park at the bus stop knowing it's cold out, have the decency to let people on. Things like this is exactly why ridership is where it is.

I have no clue what's happening on Main Street, but they moved the 44/20 stop one block back (btwn. 38th and 37th) and the machines as well. They moved the 17/27 stop all the way to where the buses stop for layover (the parking lot). They have MTA workers out there telling people now, but people are still getting confused (especially with the 17/27 stop). 

I have no clue what's happening on Main Street, but they moved the 44/20 stop one block back (btwn. 38th and 37th) and the machines as well. They moved the 17/27 stop all the way to where the buses stop for layover (the parking lot). They have MTA workers out there telling people now, but people are still getting confused (especially with the 17/27 stop).

Yep. Mass confusion on Friday. This is just the 2nd day of the bus stop relocations. Bus drivers have no mercy skipping stops for sure and you can't blame them with supervisors everywhere. They bypass them with the longest lines and when they pull up to the relocated stops they take the ppl there, like 1 or 2 ppl. Then haul ass off cause they never experienced such luck before.