• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

The paint scheme for the Novas hasn't been finalized yet. 

I feel like that's kind of strange considering the new flyers started that scheme what, like a year ago? Plus, MTA missed a golden opportunity to paint the 60 foot LFSs a new scheme, if that will be there brand.

if he is talking about the LFS and the lfsa i think they were ordered before prince Andrew's mandate of blue and gold 

I'm talking about the new 60 foot LFSs for 2017. From what I can tell they are in the former livery.

I feel like that's kind of strange considering the new flyers started that scheme what, like a year ago? Plus, MTA missed a golden opportunity to paint the 60 foot LFSs a new scheme, if that will be there brand.

I'm talking about the new 60 foot LFSs for 2017. From what I can tell they are in the former livery.

The first XD60s that (MTA) Bus got were also blue and white, but they were quickly re-wrapped soon after.

5364 Before:

maxresdefault.jpg

5364 After:

13643521_855519511219793_466854138_n.jpg

A New Flyer and Nova are two entirely different vehicles. Just because the New Flyer scheme was unveiled last year, doesn't mean the LFSA scheme is ready now.

There has also been a change in the New Flyer scheme starting with the XD60's coming in this month. The navy blue is now paint and continues across the roof. I assume changes are being made to the LFSA scheme to account for this.

Be patient, the Nova's will get the scheme eventually.

A New Flyer and Nova are two entirely different vehicles. Just because the New Flyer scheme was unveiled last year, doesn't mean the LFSA scheme is ready now.

There has also been a change in the New Flyer scheme starting with the XD60's coming in this month. The navy blue is now paint and continues across the roof. I assume changes are being made to the LFSA scheme to account for this.

Be patient, the Nova's will get the scheme eventually.

Idk why everyone seems so confused with the new scheme...

5364-5367, 5369-5411. Are the only buses that are WRAPPED in the new scheme. Meaning white base with the wrap on it.

5368, 5412-5439 are PAINTED with a blue and yellow base, and the stripes are VINYL (wraps).

All the new XN40s 677-685, etc. Are PAINTED with a blue and yellow base, and once again, the stripes are VINYL (wraps).

The new XD60s with the Select Bus Service Scheme. 5987-6029, except 5987(because its still in blue and gold). The SBS XD60s are PAINTED with a blue and gold base(top part), along with a light blue base(SBS color, on the bottom part), hence the simplicity of it.

Now the stripes on the SBS XD60s might be VINYL or PAINT, but I'd go for VINYL right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5364-5367, 5369-5411. Are the only buses that are WRAPPED in the new scheme. Meaning white base with the wrap on it.

5368, 5412-5439 are PAINTED with a blue and yellow base, and the stripes are VINYL (wraps).

All the new XN40s 677-685, etc. Are PAINTED with a blue and yellow base, and once again, the stripes are VINYL (wraps).

The new XD60s with the Select Bus Service Scheme. 5987-6029, except 5987(because its still in blue and gold). The SBS XD60s are PAINTED with a blue and gold base(top part), along with a light blue base(SBS color, on the bottom part), hence the simplicity of it.

Now the stripes on the SBS XD60s might be VINYL or PAINT, but I'd go for VINYL right now.

Spot on. :rock:

On Saturday, April 8, 2017, at hour 1520, I saw a Q55 bus passing the Adams Street & Bklyn Supreme Court b25/38/52 bus stop. There is only one passenger riding the Q55 bus. Its vehicle number is 6498, and the top electronic sign says "Q55 Woodhaven Blvd".

I cannot take pictures of the bus because I am not authorised to snapshot govt's property.

Anyway, Let me ask you guys the concern, how come one bus is operating Q55 as at Downtown Brooklyn?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Ok then. I was unaware of the later MTAB units being painted.

On Saturday, April 8, 2017, at hour 1520, I saw a Q55 bus passing the Adams Street & Bklyn Supreme Court b25/38/52 bus stop. There is only one passenger riding the Q55 bus. Its vehicle number is 6498, and the top electronic sign says "Q55 Woodhaven Blvd".

I cannot take pictures of the bus because I am not authorised to snapshot govt's property.

Anyway, Let me ask you guys the concern, how come one bus is operating Q55 as at Downtown Brooklyn?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

The driver was most likely "codebreaking" (or playing around with the destination signs iirc)...considering that 6498 is a Fresh Pond unit and that lone passenger was most likely their B/O coworker/friend

Edited by Neko Boy With Glasse

The driver was most likely "codebreaking" (or playing around with the destination signs iirc)...considering that 6498 is a Fresh Pond unit and that lone passenger was most likely their B/O coworker/friend

Or that bus came off of a Q55 run.

On the X28 now... All of the riders came from Dyker Heights... 

That's been the norm it seems. I took it last week, same thing. No one got picked up on my trip until Dyker Heights.

On the X28 now... All of the riders came from Dyker Heights... 

That's been the norm it seems. I took it last week, same thing. No one got picked up on my trip until Dyker Heights.

Which ironically enough is the portion of the route closest to the X17.

does the x17 still make that stop at 86th coming off/going onto the verrazano bridge?

Well the stop is still there, so I would assume thats a yes...

You just can't assume that. DOT and MTA are not on the same page all the time. He's asking because it only stopped there to supplement express service for Brooklyn riders (specifically the X28). Now that the X28 is back, doesnt seem like it should be stopping there still.

I'll confirm this by Sunday night.

...I cannot take pictures of the bus because I am not authorised to snapshot govt's property...

You're on a PUBLIC street taking a picture of a PUBLIC vehicle (city property, not gov't property). Photos are permitted as long as long as you're not using flash or blocking traffic.

You just can't assume that. DOT and MTA are not on the same page all the time. He's asking because it only stopped there to supplement express service for Brooklyn riders (specifically the X28). Now that the X28 is back, doesnt seem like it should be stopping there still.

It still stops there. It is still listed on the latest X17 schedule.

Or that bus came off of a Q55 run.

It's always been that way. I usually get it in Dyker Heights myself. I got it in Coney Island across the street from those projects. I haven't been down there in a while (used to venture down there for walks regularly at night when I lived In Midwood), but boy there is development happening. I was considering getting it in Dyker Heights too but from where I was by Manhattan Beach and the time for the next bus, it gave me time to walk around a bit along Surf Avenue. We got stuck in some serious traffic along 6th. Detoured via 8th street up to 3rd and then took 34th to Madison. Everyone got off Downtown and I was the only one left by the time we reached Midtown.

does the x17 still make that stop at 86th coming off/going onto the verrazano bridge?

As somebody who takes the X17 on weekends on a regular basis, I can confirm that it does actually stop there. The reason is because, on top of being more frequent than the X28, there's also passengers that use it to travel between Brooklyn & SI (which is why lately, B/Os have been making the outbound stop even if nobody rang the bell, just to be sure they didn't miss any passengers, like the X17 I took yesterday).

As somebody who takes the X17 on weekends on a regular basis, I can confirm that it does actually stop there. The reason is because, on top of being more frequent than the X28, there's also passengers that use it to travel between Brooklyn & SI (which is why lately, B/Os have been making the outbound stop even if nobody rang the bell, just to be sure they didn't miss any passengers, like the X17 I took yesterday).

I use the X17 on weekends sometimes. They need to be clear on the outbound trips (in other words make sure all B/Os know the set up). Either it's a drop-off only or it's both. Might as well keep it. I recall some X10s also skipping the part after Slosson on weekends because the B/O didn't know he was supposed to stop there.