BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have one for the B99, but where do they have the schedules hidden for the Bx99 & M99? Because it sure as hell isn't on this page & they aren't listed with the rest of the Bronx & Manhattan (respectively) local bus schedules either....

I mean after all, this is a stellar way to apprise passengers that there's extra overnight bus service being supplied during the coronavirus pandemic....

7 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

They have one for the B99, but where do they have the schedules hidden for the Bx99 & M99? Because it sure as hell isn't on this page & they aren't listed with the rest of the Bronx & Manhattan (respectively) local bus schedules either....

I mean after all, this is a stellar way to apprise passengers that there's extra overnight bus service being supplied during the coronavirus pandemic....

They’re at the top of those pages, underneath the “Enhanced overnight bus service” sections. 

Bx99: https://new.mta.info/document/18871

M99: https://new.mta.info/document/18866

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101
Added the links

11 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

@BM5 via Woodhaven New schedules are up for the Bronx, Brooklyn, and NYCT routes in Queens.  

I started Queens yesterday (and I have like three more routes to review there). I also have yet to do The Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. I've been a bit busy responding to emails and other tasks (more than usual) for the past few weeks as well as taking care of personal stuff, so I haven't had too much time to compile a list in one sitting or two like I usually do. I'll have all of it sometime this week though. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

10 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

They’re at the top of those pages, underneath the “Enhanced overnight bus service” sections. 

Bx99: https://new.mta.info/document/18871

M99: https://new.mta.info/document/18866

smh... could've listed them in with the rest of the Bronx (Bx99) & Manhattan (M99) local route schedules & simply put overnights only in parentheses, if they were going to put them on the same page as them...

Thanks.

4 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

For some reason the off peak SI buses (both local and Express) that run via VZ bridge are using the upper level when they usually use the lower level.

Speaking of bridges, the Brooklyn bound B99 & M99 (using the upper level of the Manhattan Bridge) is a PITA... Construction vehicles blocking either lane at random points; they can never pick up any real speed.... Manhattan bound OTOH uses the lower level & it's a breeze....

3 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Which wouldn't be the end of the world if they just noted it in advance so riders could make their way down to PBP to catch the short-turned bus.

44 minutes ago, Lex said:

Depending on where riders are, that's easier said than done.

The Bx23 overlaps 99% of the Bx29 run in Co-op City, but if you get to a bus stop at 2:15 for a 2:30 bus that you didn't know was cancelled and the next one isn't scheduled until 3:00, that's 45 minutes of needless waiting. Mind you, the Bx23 runs every half hour also.

What's funny is that the short turned 29 arrived in PBP right on time at 2:15 and was otherwise on track for an ontime arrival at BP. I see no reason why it short turned, unless both buses on the route at that hour were over 30 minutes late..

5 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Which wouldn't be the end of the world if they just noted it in advance so riders could make their way down to PBP to catch the short-turned bus.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Depending on where riders are, that's easier said than done.

The real issue is that the Bx23 runs like shit & the Q50's reliability's steady spiraling down the tubes.

Edited by B35 via Church

54 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

How is this being announced or enforced exactly?

We whipped out our MetroCards or tap credit cards and the BO used hand gestures to tell us to stop.

31 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I doubt it. Maybe dispatch told them to wave people on. That does happen sometimes.

It’s a nice customer service thing to do - they mess up with a late bus and try to save us $2.75.

Speaking of free boardings, I'm not sure if this is being done during the day, but all this week (so far), I've been noticing that (some) b/o's are still opening the back door for entry during the overnight hours....

12 minutes ago, Deucey said:

We whipped out our MetroCards or tap credit cards and the BO used hand gestures to tell us to stop.

Right, but did the b/o actually announce/apprise onboarding pax. that they were over 10 mins. late?

Edited by B35 via Church

1 minute ago, B35 via Church said:

Speaking of free boardings, I'm not sure if this is being done during the day, but all this week (so far), I've been noticing that (some) b/o's are still opening the back door for entry during the overnight hours....

There is a lot of BS going on. Lots of customers are complaining about drivers blocking off tons of aisle seats too. They need to start cracking down and get some sort of consistency with everything. It's a mess.

22 minutes ago, Deucey said:

It’s a nice customer service thing to do - they mess up with a late bus and try to save us $2.75.

Yeah, if they did it all the time, they would definitely be broke. A few months ago, I waited so long for a bus that I lost my transfer. Dispatch was alerted, and the driver waived me on once I told her.

28 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There is a lot of BS going on. Lots of customers are complaining about drivers blocking off tons of aisle seats too. They need to start cracking down and get some sort of consistency with everything. It's a mess.

Yeah, I've been seeing some buses having those first 6 seats (the wheelchair passenger areas) folded up on the locals too.... Either there's been a stark influx of wheelchair pax. during those hours <_<, or that's being done intentionally to deter riders from sitting in those seats.....

Be there as it may, the M99 I took last night had them folded up, but the B99 going back (which was almost SRO btw) had them down, with 4 out of a possible 6 people sitting in those seats.... Both of those b/o's opened the back doors for passenger entry at random points along the ride.... Still got homeless people sleeping on the buses & shit... I mean, I get that b/o's are trying to minimize altercations with (erratic) pax. during those hours, but at the same time, IDRC for the fact that people are still being able to waltz through the back like that....

Edited by B35 via Church

9 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, I've been seeing some buses having those first 6 seats (the wheelchair passenger areas) folded up on the locals too.... Either there's been a stark influx of wheelchair pax. during those hours <_<, or that's being done intentionally to deter riders from sitting in those seats.....

Be there as it may, the M99 I took last night had them folded up, but the B99 going back (which was almost SRO btw) had them down, with 4 out of a possible 6 people sitting in those seats.... Both of those b/o's opened the back doors for passenger entry at random points along the ride.... Still got homeless people sleeping on the buses & shit... I mean, I get that b/o's are trying to minimize altercations with (erratic) pax. during those hours, but at the same time, IDRC for the fact that people are still being able to waltz through the back like that....

That is wild. Are the local buses free overnight or what? The express buses that don't normally run overnight are now $2.75.