BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Orion V CNG is on the Q25 LTD for the first time in a while. I thought they were done on CP routes except the Q19.

Did u catch the number of the bus and/or run number!? 9871 was on the Q19 today, and from what I was told, the CNGs might start running on CP routes as for extra service due to the Q29 and Q72 swap, since that swap, CP was doing split shifts on both routes, the reason why the routes aren't full of the C40s is because they are short so CP might recertify the rest of the O5 CNGs if not, then SC is gonna send CP more buses

Edited by mta B43

Did u catch the number of the bus and/or run number!? 9871 was on the Q19 today, and from what I was told, the CNGs might start running on CP routes as for extra service due to the Q29 and Q72 swap, since that swap, CP was doing split shifts on both routes, the reason why the routes aren't full of the C40s is because they are short so CP might recertify the rest of the O5 CNGs if not, then SC is gonna send CP buses

Hopefully the second option

I just hope you're not as passionate about express buses as youknowwho is passionate about youknowwhat.....LOL

Who? Me with my R32s. I love em but I don't brag about it because I know it won't look good on certain people. If you're not talking about then I know who you're talking about

Did u catch the number of the bus and/or run number!? 9871 was on the Q19 today, and from what I was told, the CNGs might start running on CP routes as for extra service due to the Q29 and Q72 swap, since that swap, CP was doing split shifts on both routes, the reason why the routes aren't full of the C40s is because they are short so CP might recertify the rest of the O5 CNGs if not, then SC is gonna send CP more buses

Hopefully the first option

Also probably the main reason that JFK sent the OGs to LGA is that LGA said that they want to become 100% electric in the near future and now are planning to slowly retire the RTSes

Yeah, that's not gonna be happening too soon unless there are some radical changes. They've got something like 100 RTSes there, if they go anywhere without an influx of new buses they'll be even shorter than usual.

Yeah, that's not gonna be happening too soon unless there are some radical changes. They've got something like 100 RTSes there, if they go anywhere without an influx of new buses they'll be even shorter than usual.

Yup that's what I questioned when they said that but I can't imagine them being 100% hybrid lol and that might be the reason why LGA didn't take 3563 and took from 3564 lol

I'm passionate about all express bus service... P.S. You forgot the BxM18...   :D

I just hope you're not as passionate about express buses as youknowwho is passionate about youknowwhat.....LOL

LOL! Yeah I know... Scary just thinking about it.

I hate yall so much especially you Cait. lol

LMAO, I thought we were talking about somebody's girl!! Same thing though, I guess! ;D 

Um, not the residents... People from other places...  <_<

Well we could turn this into a transplant discussion but I'd prefer to not go there. Fact is there are a few a**holes that are natives to the borough that have degraded the quality of life., and this could apply anywhere really.

In my situation in Cali there are a few (stereotypical) factors that do contribute to crime and blight, but for the sake of irrelevance in this thread I'd prefer not to move the discussion. You can likely guess the majority of them, so moving on.

Ugh the things ppl have to do on city buses. Is it Necessary to play with yourself on the bus in front of other? save that nonsense for later in the privacy of your home. At least nothing was showing.

Not the craziest shit you'll ever see on a bus, I'll tell you that much.

What you mean "same thing"? smh...

It is what it is... if y'all think my obsession is that bad then yall can go somewhere...yall trying to figure me out over the damn internet... for those who know me in real life it is not that serious... when I say I love the buses it doesn't mean... Oh this guy loves buses he cherishes it as a girl he gets no girls.. Oh he has his " fun times" watching these buses.. Oh he loves these buses more than anything... just because I say I love them... and talk about them.. only on this site... doesn't mean I go out with the bus.. smh... I don't like when people start acting ignorant towards me without even knowing who I am

It is what it is... if y'all think my obsession is that bad then yall can go somewhere...yall trying to figure me out over the damn internet... for those who know me in real life it is not that serious... when I say I love the buses it doesn't mean... Oh this guy loves buses he cherishes it as a girl he gets no girls.. Oh he has his " fun times" watching these buses.. Oh he loves these buses more than anything... just because I say I love them... and talk about them.. only on this site... doesn't mean I go out with the bus.. smh... I don't like when people start acting ignorant towards me without even knowing who I am

LMAO... Calm down... They're just busting chops... I have good fun with it as well...  Hell in my case I have to either like the damn things or give them up because I have to use them everyday to get back and forth to the city so I can look at it in a positive light or be miserable...

Nah chill just messing with ya. We all know you're not a foamer, just giving you trouble. Don't worry.

Dude, sit back and chill out.

You do know half of the crap on this board isn't to be taken literally.

Cait remember that conversation we had about the ZFs with hills? I agree with you that with the ZFs they never loose power when going up a hill... they might go slow but you can hear how much power its using and it never dues out... with the Allison's they accelerate faster but when going up hills if they stop on a hill it would be hard for it to pull off on a hill. with the ZFs it has that inert strength that gets it up with no problem. now you said you ride the s66 a lot... try the S52 take it from the ferry to the hospital and back.. trust me that's tthe route with the most hills in staten island...I have a video that I just uploaded to show you how these buses move up these hills.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

I hate yall so much especially you Cait. lol

:D

It's just fun, nothing serious. Just messing with ya lol

Cait remember that conversation we had about the ZFs with hills? I agree with you that with the ZFs they never loose power when going up a hill... they might go slow but you can hear how much power its using and it never dues out... with the Allison's they accelerate faster but when going up hills if they stop on a hill it would be hard for it to pull off on a hill. with the ZFs it has that inert strength that gets it up with no problem. now you said you ride the s66 a lot... try the S52 take it from the ferry to the hospital and back.. trust me that's tthe route with the most hills in staten island...I have a video that I just uploaded to show you how these buses move up these hills.

Funny, I was actually on the S52 today for a bit. The hills on the S52 can't compare to Grymes Hill because the travel path on the S66 is STEEP! Check out the S66 whenever you get the time and you'll understand what I mean

:D

Funny, I was actually on the S52 today for a bit. The hills on the S52 can't compare to Grymes Hill because the travel path on the S66 is STEEP! Check out the S66 whenever you get the time and you'll understand what I mean

Speaking of which...

S66 + Orion V + a stop on Howard eastbound = 5 minutes late.

:D f m

which way is better to get the hills? going towards the ferry or towards port richmond?