BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

staten island bus service is f**ked up this morning!

and it all starts because the upper level of the bridge is closed

so much f**ked up shyt on the s53/s52/s79/ express buses

Lovely...I'm a few minutes away from getting on an S79...

Glad I don't have to put up with that.  My Riverdale express bus came right on time and I had a quick ride to Manhattan.  :D

There's always the express routes that operate via NJ as an alternative.

Yeah but those aren't that many #1 and #2 they're only good if they're near you and you work in Midtown, otherwise they don't help much.  Besides the Lincoln Tunnel has its own problems.

Well that is true to an extent, but there are cases where the NJ routes are more beneficial.

Actually forget it, it's a lost cause. 90% of the time Staten Island's bus network is jacked up somehow and the 10% where it operates normally is usually not benefiting you in the slightest.

Well that is true to an extent, but there are cases where the NJ routes are more beneficial.

Actually forget it, it's a lost cause. 90% of the time Staten Island's bus network is jacked up somehow and the 10% where it operates normally is usually not benefiting you in the slightest.

lol... As long as the juice heads need to have their numerous cars it'll always be an issue.  

Not my preferred borough to reside in, I'll say that much.

lol... That's one reason I left... Too car centric for my taste but the place was becoming too crowded and QOL (quality of life) was also a concern. Having random crimes happen on Forest Avenue in West Brighton was not something I was accustomed to hearing about and then there were the random people that started walking around on Forest canvasing the neighborhood that made it clear to me that the neighborhood wasn't nearly as nice or safe as it was when I first came to Staten Island.   Granted the crime rate was still low but I still felt unsettled overall.   

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

lol... That's one reason I left... Too car centric for my taste but the place was becoming too crowded and QOL (quality of life) was also a concern. Having random crimes happen on Forest Avenue in West Brighton was not something I was accustomed to hearing about and then there were the random people that started walking around on Forest canvasing the neighborhood that made it clear to me that the neighborhood wasn't nearly as nice or safe as it was when I first came to Staten Island.   Granted the crime rate was still low but I still felt unsettled overall.   

Just another suburb that fell victim to blight that was perpetuated by it's own resident's. It happens much to often, and is one of the reasons I choose to move out of my hometown because it was very unappealing.

Ugh the things ppl have to do on city buses. Is it Necessary to play with yourself on the bus in front of other? save that nonsense for later in the privacy of your home. At least nothing was showing.

People to like to put on shows on public transit.  They're as passionate about that as you are about those damn Guide-A-Rides. :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8