BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9889 Q19 and 9871 Q25

They both met at Main St twice. 9871 kept switching between the Q65ltd & Q25 ltd when it got to Jamaica Center, and went OOS around 8 pm when it got to 5 Ave/Park.

(On the last trip down 9871 was side by side with 9889 at Main St & N Blvd).

So there's a group of folks out at the Rockaways wanting to push for QM16 and QM17 Downtown Service because and I quote "We're sick and tired of shoddy A train service"

I overheard this while on the A this morning and it wasn't just 2-3 people....I'd say about 6-8 at most complaining about it. They wanna start a petition to have Downtown Express service to/from The Rockaways. They also pitched "If the folks up North can have Express Service Downtown, why can't we? We deserve better bus service too, it shouldn't just be Midtown service. Not everyone is going to Midtown"

I was quite intrigued by this, I haven't heard anything like this since the meetings in Battery Park regarding the M9 and prior to that meeting, the meeting in May 2010 where they wanted to save City Hall M15s.

That's all? May as well run a limo for them. At least that can fit all those riders. Why send a d4500 that will be like 85% empty?

That's all? May as well run a limo for them. At least that can fit all those riders. Why send a d4500 that will be like 85% empty?

That's not the point, I honestly have to agree with them when they say A train service is very shoddy out there. They were a group of folks on the train that was bitching about it and there's a whole community out there that pretty much agrees with their sentiments, hell, South Ozone Park/Richmond Hill folk share the same sentiments about A train service and head to Woodhaven for the QM15 or around Lefferts for the QM18

I found it again on the B70.... it's 468

Nice pic dude. Looks awesome.

Well 4899 has left NY, finally up in Minnesota.

Just drop a ISL in that thing already. And maybe get a matching rear grate.

Yeah But what's the reason for that.

One of them is a supplement for the earlier trip, as in the evening back to Staten Island those trips get slammed. The logic here being it's better to make service then to just deadhead over.

527 got into an accident earlier on the Q25 LTD. it was sitting not too far from the first stop near Jamaica Center, on a side street. The side was all smashed in, two windows were smashed. It wasn't that serious, but those windows looked smashed up bad.

527 got into an accident earlier on the Q25 LTD. it was sitting not too far from the first stop near Jamaica Center, on a side street. The side was all smashed in, two windows were smashed. It wasn't that serious, but those windows looked smashed up bad.

Damn, it's repairable I'm sure, but are there any injuries accounted for at this time?

Why 527 and not an Orion V CNG. Well I hope to ride it when it returns to service. I wonder why there are a lot of depot damages like at JFK or BP's Orion VII's being side swiped by one another or the back is dented.

Edited by College Pt Man

Ok I have three post today...

1) I get on the s78 and pay my $2.50... but sadly I have $1.25 left on my metro card so I say to myself I'll fill it up later...

then I get on the s53 and the driver has the sign up as next bus please...I get on and the card doesn't work...I tell him it's suppose to be a transfer.. but he completely ignores me and looks at me like I'm a fare beater..smfh... then he presses a button... Oh well....

then since I know for a fact if the s53 is your transfer bus... you can get a third transfer... so for example I take the s78 then the s53 then the b70 all for $2.50.

so I say to myself that the transfer didn't work because the sign said next bus please... so I get on the b70 expecting it to work. when I get on it doesn't work and I look like a fare beater AGAIN... and the driver presses a button...I mean wtff is going on today?

2) I rode 243 on the B70 today and it doesn't have LBSS! the bus sounded so powerful and it was great..I thought the 200s had it activated... anyways imma start looking for them.

3) C40LF 472 also has the Spanish roof ad

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

1) I get on the s78 and pay my $2.50... but sadly I have $1.25 left on my metro card so I say to myself I'll fill it up later...

then I get on the s53 and the driver has the sign up as next bus please...I get on and the card doesn't work...I tell him it's suppose to be a transfer.. but he completely ignores me and looks at me like I'm a fare beater..smfh... then he presses a button... Oh well....

then since I know for a fact if the s53 is your transfer bus... you can get a third transfer... so for example I take the s78 then the s53 then the b70 all for $2.50.

so I say to myself that the transfer didn't work because the sign said next bus please... so I get on the b70 expecting it to work. when I get on it doesn't work and I look like a fare beater AGAIN... and the driver presses a button...I mean wtff is going on today?

2) I rode 243 on the B70 today and it doesn't have LBSS! the bus sounded so powerful and it was great..I thought the 200s had it activated... anyways imma start looking for them.

About the fare situation just roll with it for today. I know I'm usually on the strict side of imposing fare regulation, but if you put that cash on your Metrocard the MTA will get that money anyway.

And yes, the earlier C40LF's are not equipped with the LBSS system. Now that's a true C40 there.

LOL, those ads actually look great on the C40LF's. It's safe to assume these will become prevalent in the outer boroughs. If they're streaming in more revenue I'm all for it.

None of the 200s have it except 230

Not everyone is celebrating the return of the B37 bus, it seems.

Brighton Beach residents who lost the X29 express bus when the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) eliminated the bus line as a cost cutting measure three years ago, are happy for their Bay Ridge and Sunset Park neighbors getting the B37 bus back, but are also wondering when their turn will come, a City Council candidate said.

Ari Kagan, a Democrat running for the City Council in the 48th Council District (Brighton Beach-Sheepshead Bay-Manhattan Beach) called on the MTA to bring back the X29 bus. The agency’s board voted unanimously July 24 to restore service on the B37 bus line. The bus operated on Third Avenue from Bay Ridge to downtown Brooklyn.

Before it was discontinued in 2010, the X29 ran from Stillwell Avenue in Coney Island to 57th Street and Madison Avenue in midtown Manhattan, making stops in Trump Village and in Midwood along the way.

“The people of southern Brooklyn, many of whom commute over an hour to get to work in Manhattan, deserve better from the MTA,” Kagan said. “City Hall and the MTA, for years now, have made it regular practice to penalize those families who live and commit to the areas they can afford to live in. New York City is more than Manhattan and trendy Brooklyn neighborhoods close to Manhattan. We are taxpayers, and deserve services from the city too,” he said.

The lack of express bus service has a disproportionate impact on seniors and people with disabilities, according to Kagan. “Here in southern Brooklyn, our train stations are elevated. Not everyone is capable of walking up multiple flights of stairs to access the subway. These women and men relied on the X29 to get to work, or a doctor’s appointments, in Manhattan,” he said.

In other campaign news, Kagan announced that he filed over 3,200 petition signatures with the New York City Board of Elections to qualify for the Democratic Primary ballot. Kagan said his campaign has raised a total of $75,660, meaning that with matching funds he will be able to spend the maximum allowed by the city’s Campaign Finance Board under the matching funds program.

Kagan’s opponents in the Democratic Primary are Igor Oberman, Theresa Scavo, Natraj Bhushan, and Chaim Deutsch. The primary is Sept. 10. The winner will face Republican candidate David Storobin.

The council seat is currently held by Democrat Michael Nelson who cannot seek re-election due to term limits.

http://brooklyneagle.com/articles/kagan-asks-%E2%80%98what-about-x29-bus%E2%80%99-2013-07-25-170000

Why 527 and not an Orion V CNG. Well I hope to ride it when it returns to service. I wonder why there are a lot of depot damages like at JFK or BP's Orion VII's being side swiped by one another or the back is dented.

Idiot drivers who think they can outrun a bus only to mess up in the process when it comes to changing lanes...

So 4255 this morning had the outside rubber liner for the rear doors peeling off pretty much from window height down to the bottom. At the bottom it was sticking off about 6 inches from the bus. Good maintenance, Yukon.

So 4255 this morning had the outside rubber liner for the rear doors peeling off pretty much from window height down to the bottom. At the bottom it was sticking off about 6 inches from the bus. Good maintenance, Yukon.

yeah I refuse to ride the s79...those NGs look like the best of shyt!

the ads are half peeled off... doors can't stay open... and they sound like 1999 c40lfs... loud ass moaning

About the fare situation just roll with it for today. I know I'm usually on the strict side of imposing fare regulation, but if you put that cash on your Metrocard the MTA will get that money anyway.

And yes, the earlier C40LF's are not equipped with the LBSS system. Now that's a true C40 there.

LOL, those ads actually look great on the C40LF's. It's safe to assume these will become prevalent in the outer boroughs. If they're streaming in more revenue I'm all for it.

Already saw it today on a C40LF from CP. When I rode the 200s, it did have the LBSS activated.