BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a summary of today:

640 and 641 were on the Q18 today. I saw a CNG on Astoria Blvd but I don't know where it went. 8131, the Hospital Audience, Inc (HAI) RTS was at Citi Field. Got some pictures of it. And an NYPD Orion V Suburban numbered 9831 was at CS for a bit.

If anyone is interested, HAI RTS is at CITI FieldField, and the NYPD Orion V Suburban is at CS. EDIT: The RTS is probably gonna leave soon.

Saw one today going down New Lots (I think it was 0091), and there was an old C40 on the B35

There's an RTS in QV that screeched when it took off. A little similar to the original 1000s D60

I know I think it's pre 2000 buses because the old c40lf in Gleason used to do that... and there's one Yukon Orion V that does it

Its just the fan belt screeching...

Saw one today going down New Lots (I think it was 0091), and there was an old C40 on the B35

Its just the fan belt screeching...

RTS's don't have fan belts. The only buses in the system with fan belts are the MCI's. When you hear an RTS, a D60, or even (lately) an LFSA screech like that on the take off, its most likely the A/C compressor belt. Its either the belt is worn, or the tensioner for the mounting bracket is not tight enough.

What is LBSS and what is it suppose to do?

Load Based Shift Scheduling. It's a gear shifting program available on Gen IV Allison transmissions. When the bus is empty/on a flat gradient the bus will be in fuel economy mode. As the load/gradient (uphill) increases, the bus will go into performance mode to give the bus the required performance. This optimizes fuel economy.

RTS's don't have fan belts. The only buses in the system with fan belts are the MCI's. When you hear an RTS, a D60, or even (lately) an LFSA screech like that on the take off, its most likely the A/C compressor belt. Its either the belt is worn, or the tensioner for the mounting bracket is not tight enough.

That's what I meant lol

4722 is on the Bx41 SBS. That didn't take long, did it?

The Xcelsior Artics have been popping up on the Bx41 +SBS since early July so you're kind of late. Besides, the Bx12+SBS uses them (Gun Hill's batch) so it wouldn't be a surprise if Kingsbridge put their own Xcelsior Artics on the Bx41 +SBS.

Can somebody explain to me again why FR buses have been absolutely all over the Q8 and Q10? 

I'm not sure of the Q8, but I know for sure there are quite a few runs based out of Far Rockaway for the Q10.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

Don't know who to blame in this situation.

Today at Flushing, a poland spring truck was unloading behind the Q12 bus stop infront of new world mall. There was still enough room for the bus to fit in the bus stop, but the bus driver stopped in the middle of the road. Traffic was clogged on Roosevelt ave for some time as the passengers walked to the middle of the road to board. It was possible to go into the bus stop, but the driver just stopped in the middle of the road to block off all traffic. Who is to blame? the bus or the truck?

Don't know who to blame in this situation.

Today at Flushing, a poland spring truck was unloading behind the Q12 bus stop infront of new world mall. There was still enough room for the bus to fit in the bus stop, but the bus driver stopped in the middle of the road. Traffic was clogged on Roosevelt ave for some time as the passengers walked to the middle of the road to board. It was possible to go into the bus stop, but the driver just stopped in the middle of the road to block off all traffic. Who is to blame? the bus or the truck?

the truck number one because your not suppose to stand at the bus stop...

at the same time... the b/o should of pulled into the stop if there was enough room, but maybe laziness kicked into place forcing him to just stop in the middle making his excuse be the truck in the bus stop