BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9871 was on the Q25 LTD earlier. I guess 9874 retired from CP.

If u see one again can u get the run # if possible so I know what time and direction it exactly is on, also 9874 is a work bus now but might be pending museum bus in the near future

I'm really scared for those Orion Vs. staten island has the most in one borough in NYC? Anyways ever since July 11 shyt hasn't been going good since I've rode Orion Vs.

Seems like there all about to fall apart at the same time... See the MTA plays around too much... these buses are 14 yrs old... when they fall apart what's gonna happen? there gonna have to get a super rushed order... then those buses won't be built strong...

reasons why I see the Orion Vs aren't going to last till 2015 is because...

1) I was riding this one bus on the S52 and it was grinding something, and it was smelling like oil fumes...

2) the poles you hold onto were hanging off the ceiling and one was hanging off the single seat... the side seats across from the door sink down about 3-4 -inches when some one sits down...

3) this one bus back doors had trouble locking

4) and the exteriors on a few Yukon units are literally falling apart... like piece by piece apart not running bad apart

You can't base your opinion of a bus's endurance on a bus from Staten Island. If buses spent their whole lives there, they wouldn't last 7 years. Thats why they constantly switch out the V's with Casey Stengal, Gunhill, and KB.

I hate staten island bus service... if your suppose to come at 8:06 why you coming at 7:59??!?!? with like 2 people on the damn bus.... it's too damm early to be running for a bus... got me sweating in this heat already

The f**king suburbs for you. Bet you the follower behind your trip is going to get slammed, delaying passengers further and compromising the whole damn route.

Woahh I just saw a jackie Gleason C40LF with a roof ad...a new C40LF with the ad above the Windows going across the bus.... it's on the B70 right now

A few of CP's C40LF's got roof ad as well. There is one bus I know that has the bus map next in between the last two seaters and the rear door I believe it was 212.

So there's a group of folks out at the Rockaways wanting to push for QM16 and QM17 Downtown Service because and I quote "We're sick and tired of shoddy A train service"

I overheard this while on the A this morning and it wasn't just 2-3 people....I'd say about 6-8 at most complaining about it. They wanna start a petition to have Downtown Express service to/from The Rockaways. They also pitched "If the folks up North can have Express Service Downtown, why can't we? We deserve better bus service too, it shouldn't just be Midtown service. Not everyone is going to Midtown"

I was quite intrigued by this, I haven't heard anything like this since the meetings in Battery Park regarding the M9 and prior to that meeting, the meeting in May 2010 where they wanted to save City Hall M15s.

So there's a group of folks out at the Rockaways wanting to push for QM16 and QM17 Downtown Service because and I quote "We're sick and tired of shoddy A train service"

I overheard this while on the A this morning and it wasn't just 2-3 people....I'd say about 6-8 at most complaining about it. They wanna start a petition to have Downtown Express service to/from The Rockaways. They also pitched "If the folks up North can have Express Service Downtown, why can't we? We deserve better bus service too, it shouldn't just be Midtown service. Not everyone is going to Midtown"

I was quite intrigued by this, I haven't heard anything like this since the meetings in Battery Park regarding the M9 and prior to that meeting, the meeting in May 2010 where they wanted to save City Hall M15s.

They got their ferry to Pier 11 extended for at least the summer, and IMO the city should keep extending it. Probably faster than a QM16/17 downtown extension for them too, even though it takes about an hour, and it's only $2 (I see that going up though, but they should introduce a weekly/monthly pass if they keep extending it). I would agree that there should be more options than just the (A) for them, and if the City decided to cut the ferry and they really want an "express" ride downtown, I'd be all for an extension of the 16/17.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

I think they should start a petition and I'd gladly sign it.  It's incredible to me how little express bus service they have in general out there and how poor express bus service is in most of Queens.  If you get a hold of an electronic petition, please let me know and I'll sign it.  :D  This has apparently been ongoing for a while now:

http://www.rockawave.com/news/2010-10-22/Letters/A_Downtown_Express_Bus.html

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Can someone PLEASE tell me why 4711 didn't arrive yet???

Because it knows you're looking for it :P

Mini rant of the evening...how the HELL is an x1 late LEAVING Eltingville?! The 8PM  arrived into Eltingville from Yukon 15 minutes late for some odd reason. I should have taken the S59 to the x10, at least that would've been a more comfortable ride back up <_<

Because it knows you're looking for it :P

Mini rant of the evening...how the HELL is an x1 late LEAVING Eltingville?! The 8PM arrived into Eltingville from Yukon 15 minutes late for some odd reason. I should have taken the S59 to the x10, at least that would've been a more comfortable ride back up <_<

Oh lol. I'd opt for the X17. Missed an X17 to Eltingville once and took the X1. Never doing that again.