BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh. The past two days I've been tracking the Fresh Meadow Q88 runs, and they all RTS's or LFS's (I take the 88 too as well, I don't know what time you take it though).

The Q88 has QV trippers coming from that middle school on 64th Ave and the Horace Harding Expressway. All other trippers from John Bowne, Francis Lewis, St Francis Prep and Queen College trippers are all from CS. Maybe QV has helped once in a while for the St Francis Prep trippers but I know for sure CS did the Q88 runs.

4201, 6123, 6856 and 6903 were on the Q88 earlier that I have seen.

The Q88 has QV trippers coming from that middle school on 64th Ave and the Horace Harding Expressway. All other trippers from John Bowne, Francis Lewis, St Francis Prep and Queen College trippers are all from CS. Maybe QV has helped once in a while for the St Francis Prep trippers but I know for sure CS did the Q88 runs.

That middle school is JHS 216.

St Francis is done by QV (in the AM), and the Francis Lewis runs had RTS's. I dont know how these trippers are working then, so theyre probably John Browne trippers and the PM St Francis Trippers.

I was waiting at the bus stop and a group of dam ignorant high school kids standing on the sits at the rear of the bus. The widow was open and I had a feeling they would do something stupid like spitting or throwing a object at people. The bus was at the red light and as soon as the bus got the green light and started to move, one of those f ***ing bastards threw a pen at my dam face. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

I was waiting at the bus stop and a group of dam ignorant high school kids standing on the sits at the rear of the bus. The widow was open and I had a feeling they would do something stupid like spitting or throwing a object at people. The bus was at the red light and as soon as the bus got the green light and started to move, one of those f ***ing bastards threw a pen at my dam face. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

SMH. Hate when that happens, especially on a crowded bus.

I don't know why school kids gotta be so rowdy. I notice it mostly the minorities that always gotta do something immature. I hate it when these kids are jumping around on the bus, talking loud, cursing, fighting and just being rude when they get off the bus. Is it really necessary to be so rude and disrespectful. I've always said its always gonna get worse especially when there is a lack of teaching at home. This deal about kids having kids stuff ain't working especially if a kid is not taught to have any real values and respect. That is probably why I hear a lot of middle age and elder people saying how better life was when they were coming up.

I don't know why school kids gotta be so rowdy. I notice it mostly the minorities that always gotta do something immature. I hate it when these kids are jumping around on the bus, talking loud, cursing, fighting and just being rude when they get off the bus. Is it really necessary to be so rude and disrespectful. I've always 

Sounds like my school. Kids walk down the hallway singing rap songs, cursing at teachers, and in this case, they  are the majority. Like you said though, it's their upbringing

I see it happen in my school too, so you're not the only one.

I'm glad my school doesn't have that same nonsense going on. I guess it's because Francis Lewis is in the area that it's in so nothing is really going on there. I've heard worst and I know some bus lines like the Q5, Q6, Q22, Q77, Q85, Q111/Q113 are real bad during the school time in the afternoons. These routes past by many schools and I seen some buses pulled over because a high school student didn't know how to act on a city bus.

- The B32 continues to take riders from the B62.... I hope it doesn't happen, but I think the MTA may look into cutting service to Queens plz. on the B62, and look to boost service on the B32 in the future.... The B61 of old would truly be bastardized.....

- The Q102 at QBP last night... Lol.I counted 8 people getting off, no one left on the bus - until about 20 people boarded it!

That was more or less the ridership pattern of the route anyway (with the exception of that many people boarding at QBP).... Just have the thing run solely b/w QBP & Roosevelt Island already....

-One more thing...

Anyone knows when/what year the B43 turnaround up in Greenpoint changed? I mean, you had some b/o's that went on layover [at the last NB stop anyway (Manhattan b/w Clay & Box)] & some that went on layover [at (what used to be the first SB stop) Box/Manhattan (on Box, SW corner)], but now it looks like the last NB stop is only where they take layover....

It no longer goes left on Commercial, left on Box, & then the right back onto Manhattan.... But instead, it runs to the end of Manhattan (av), which contains a loop.....

If they extend the B32 to Queens Plaza, I wouldn't have a problem with that (however if that's not the case, then yeah it's a problem).

I would.... It would screw Williamsburg riders (There are more Williamsburg riders that take the 62 over the 32, AINEC)....

The Williamsburg portion of the B32 is dominated by yellow/green cabs, and quite frankly, I don't think that's going to change (similar situation in DUMBO with the B25)... It's the usage to/from Greenpoint that the 32 (which is more residential) is taking away from the 62 (which is commercial).....

I would.... It would screw Williamsburg riders (There are more Williamsburg riders that take the 62 over the 32, AINEC)....

The Williamsburg portion of the B32 is dominated by yellow/green cabs, and quite frankly, I don't think that's going to change (similar situation in DUMBO with the B25)... It's the usage to/from Greenpoint that the 32 (which is more residential) is taking away from the 62 (which is commercial).....

Whenever I go to Williamsburg (which is once a week), I take the B62, only because it's available at the Q67 stop at LIC (therefore I don't have to get up earlier, since I'm not in that much of a hurry to change buses). However, if they start cutting that, the 15 minute waits become 20, and so on and so on, and I would hope they would at least compensate some of that to routing the B32 to LIC (since there is a good amount of B62 riders originating from LIC). 

If the B32 serves some of those residents better, then that's good. If the B62 gets reduced headways or something, then that is a problem (but they probably would increase B32 headways in addition, IF it becomes that popular). For now I don't see that happen, I'd be more worried within several months, when then you can see the actual ridership base and how it holds on and how it affects the 32/62 (because the B32 turned 1 in September). 

A few days ago, a Bx41 I rode was in the bus lane when there was a parked car in the bus lane. The B/O opens the doors to tell the driver he can't park there. Meanwhile, a passenger near me gets upset because the B/O is talking to the lane violator. I got annoyed for a bit. People don't know how to act at all.

Is the Bronx the only borough that does U-turns from its terminal in the middle of the Avenues?

ex. Riverdale Av (Bx7 and Bx10)

No...

The B25 used to before the loop via Fulton Landing became permanent

The B35/70 somewhat does it in Sunset Park

The B1/49 somewhat does it at Kingsboro CC

The B82 somewhat does it in Spring Creek

The B17 does it on the Seaview Av branch

The B63 used to do it in Cobble Hill vector the full-time extension to Brooklyn Bridge Park

The B31 does it in Gerritsen Beach

The B47 (if you wanna split hairs) does it in Kings Plaza...if it doesn't go through the bus bays

The B39 does it on Allen St

The B67/69 (technically) does it in Kensington under the (F)

The Bx12 local used to do it near Sedgwick

The Bx29 does it in City Island

The Bx9 does it in Riverdale

The Bx2 (somewhat) does it in Kingsbridge Hts

The M10 does it in Harlem

- The B32 continues to take riders from the B62.... I hope it doesn't happen, but I think the MTA may look into cutting service to Queens plz. on the B62, and look to boost service on the B32 in the future.... The B61 of old would truly be bastardized.....

- The Q102 at QBP last night... Lol.I counted 8 people getting off, no one left on the bus - until about 20 people boarded it!

That was more or less the ridership pattern of the route anyway (with the exception of that many people boarding at QBP).... Just have the thing run solely b/w QBP & Roosevelt Island already....

-One more thing...

Anyone knows when/what year the B43 turnaround up in Greenpoint changed? I mean, you had some b/o's that went on layover [at the last NB stop anyway (Manhattan b/w Clay & Box)] & some that went on layover [at (what used to be the first SB stop) Box/Manhattan (on Box, SW corner)], but now it looks like the last NB stop is only where they take layover....

It no longer goes left on Commercial, left on Box, & then the right back onto Manhattan.... But instead, it runs to the end of Manhattan (av), which contains a loop.....

Accident on the (Q) .