BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I respect your decision on the matter. Let's just say I don't determine class by salary. If so, our friend here would not come close to qualifying for the upper middle class :P

He's a good man, but, as i've cited in all my examples, it should NOT be allowed. 

very good man. he was awesome. smokin a cigarette while driving the bus too

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think I am not upper middle class? This answer I am eagerly awaiting to hear.

As we've discussed in other threads and as I have mentioned, I ride the BxM1 literally every day. I even remember describing a driver to you that I caught several times.

You don't have a wallet to keep your MetroCard in with all your money? :P

As BM5 said I'll let you determine that... :lol: For what it's worth though, the median household income (which is usually two incomes) is only around $54,000.  If your income is higher than that then good for you.  Better than most college grads these days that are unemployed. LOL

I usually like to have easy access to them. Problem is I keep too many damn Metrocards now that I can refill them so I had to change my strategy.  Right now I have at least five Metrocards... One is a brand new one with an express bus weekly on it.  The other has an express bus weekly plus a refill, and two others with God knows what on them. <_<

I respect your decision on the matter. Let's just say I don't determine class by salary. If so, our friend here would not come close to qualifying for the upper middle class :P.

LMAO... Very funny...

Actually thats not quite try, there are plenty of buses throughout areas of NE Queens, Central Queens, SW Queens, Astoria, southern Brooklyn, Northwest Bronx, and other exclusive areas, which all are well utilized.

I said there were exceptions.... Generally speaking that's the case though.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Well the Q112 re-route already has happened. The Q24/113/114 stop at the former Q112 stop on Archer and 160. The Q111 to Rosedale/Cedarhurst stops at the former Q113/114 stop. The Q111 to 137/Farmers remains at the same stop.

I had to re-read that. So from what I hear, the 112 goes on Jamaica and then over to Guy Brewer?

Edited by Cait Sith

I had to re-read that. So from what I hear, the 112 goes on Jamaica and then over to Guy Brewer?

The Q112 utilizes Guy Brewer Blvd in the following order: South Rd, Liberty Av, Archer Av and then goes to Jamaica. The other direction(Ozone Park-bound), it uses Parsons Blvd/89 Av then Archer Av/160 St before going to those same 3 stops on Guy Brewer Blvd.

The Q112 utilizes Guy Brewer Blvd in the following order: South Rd, Liberty Av, Archer Av and then goes to Jamaica. The other direction(Ozone Park-bound), it uses Parsons Blvd/89 Av then Archer Av/160 St before going to those same 3 stops on Guy Brewer Blvd.

I think you said it in the reverse order because the schedule says otherwise. Schedule shows it as South Road, Archer, 153rd, 88th then Parsons. Then it shows them leaving Parsons, onto Jamaica then onto Guy Brewer.

Planned Detour 
Q55 - No service on Myrtle Av between 80 St and Wyckoff Av/Palmetto St

11 AM to 11 PM, Friday, Dec 26

Due to a Funeral Service for PO. Rafael Ramos, buses operate between Myrtle Av/Jamaica Av and 80 St.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't they route service on Metropolitan Avenue instead, to at least provide some through service? If they're suspending service like that, might as well suspend the entire route.
Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

As I said, I won't post what he said, so you should figure out what he said was rude and offensive and i've seen other people get on without saying much or even anything at all. Just the other day at The Hub, a driver on a local Bx4A waved two people on without them saying anything to him. It's not required by law for him to call the cops. That's a decision he made on his own. If he figured he hadn't done much wrong with how he acted and what he said, he should look for another job.

That decision the "driver" on the Bx44 made on his own could have cost him his job. Quite franklytt B/O in your case could have asked you to leave the bus, refused to move the bus, and/or called the police and he would have been correct in his actions. I don't know what words passed between you and the B/O, nor do Iknow whom else was riding that bus but if a supervisor or special inspector was on board maybe he was following rule # 1. I'll let you figure that one out. I personally know a B/O who was taken out of service and suspended for being a "nice guy" and letting a farebeater slide. I was on his bus and witnessed the whole incident. In that incident there were no angry words exchanged but my friend still got time in the street for his kind action. In that case a fellow passenger didn't like the idea of someone getting a "freebie" from the B/O and filmed and reported it . Cost my friend 5 days pay. I don't recall the freeloader chipping in a dime to help my friend out either. When I was a C/R on the Dyre shuttle many years ago nobody got a break. Put your money in the farebox or start walking was our motto back then. The only people who got a break were those whom a police officer okayed.

I don't know if this considers a random thought.

However as of late I've spotted some 46xx buses from FB working SBS44.

Granted the next artic order doesn't commence until late 2015 at the earliest. But I think there needs to be more artics for SBS44.

Hope some re-alignments coming up next week can send some Manhattan artics to FB (random thought)

That decision the "driver" on the Bx44 made on his own could have cost him his job. Quite franklytt B/O in your case could have asked you to leave the bus, refused to move the bus, and/or called the police and he would have been correct in his actions. I don't know what words passed between you and the B/O, nor do Iknow whom else was riding that bus but if a supervisor or special inspector was on board maybe he was following rule # 1. I'll let you figure that one out. I personally know a B/O who was taken out of service and suspended for being a "nice guy" and letting a farebeater slide. I was on his bus and witnessed the whole incident. In that incident there were no angry words exchanged but my friend still got time in the street for his kind action. In that case a fellow passenger didn't like the idea of someone getting a "freebie" from the B/O and filmed and reported it . Cost my friend 5 days pay. I don't recall the freeloader chipping in a dime to help my friend out either. When I was a C/R on the Dyre shuttle many years ago nobody got a break. Put your money in the farebox or start walking was our motto back then. The only people who got a break were those whom a police officer okayed.

Kudos to that passenger who filmed it. I don't think B/O's should be playing "favorites" with passengers.  I know several B/O's and I don't expect any freebies. I always dip my Metrocard.  Some of them will say you don't have to dip if it's just me and them and I get on an express bus at the beginning of the line, but even then I still dip (if the farebox is setup) just out of respect to let them know that I don't want any favors.  I'm riding the bus and therefore I should PAY. The (MTA) needs all of the fares it can get and it simply isn't fair that those who pay continue to pay more and more for those who look to manipulate the system and ride for free.

I got a question: How do the M3 and M10 layover at their northern terminals?

M3 - Buses sit at the St. Nicholas av/Ft George Hill stop....

(Some drivers pick up there, some won't.... But FWIW, the first southbound pickup stop is over there on St. Nicholas av. at 192nd st)

M10 - On the southbound side of Frederick Douglass blvd, a few yards north of the 155th st (D) stairwell....

(northbound buses U-turn on Frederick Douglass [because the street ends over there by the polo grounds (houses)], drops off pax., then goes on layover)

Traffic on 6 Avenue is so damn bad today. It's making almost every QM bus out of Manhattan bunched in pairs of two.

Not only are the stupid Verizon people doing whatever work they're doing, but the area around Rockerfeller is a hellhole. From 38th to 50th, it took like 40 minutes. Hopefully the amount of traffic dies down next month.

I feel bad for the two QM15 operators on 6th Avenue (right now) who have to drop off passengers south of the Conduit, (if they have anyone out there going that far south).

The QM2 surprisingly doesn't have any buses bunched.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Traffic on 6 Avenue is so damn bad today. It's making almost every QM bus out of Manhattan bunched in pairs of two.

Not only are the stupid Verizon people doing whatever work they're doing, but the area around Rockerfeller is a hellhole. From 38th to 50th, it took like 40 minutes. Hopefully the amount of traffic dies down next month.

I feel bad for the two QM15 operators on 6th Avenue (right now) who have to drop off passengers south of the Conduit, (if they have anyone out there going that far south).

The QM2 surprisingly doesn't have any buses bunched.

May use the QM2 tomorrow for some more shopping near Whitestone... Traffic wasn't an issue Friday.

M3 - Buses sit at the St. Nicholas av/Ft George Hill stop....

(Some drivers pick up there, some won't.... But FWIW, the first southbound pickup stop is over there on St. Nicholas av. at 192nd st)

M10 - On the southbound side of Frederick Douglass blvd, a few yards north of the 155th st (D) stairwell....

(northbound buses U-turn on Frederick Douglass [because the street ends over there by the polo grounds (houses)], drops off pax., then goes on layover)

How does the M3 U-turn to go back southbound?

Can't be any worse than the BxM2 has been coming in twos and such...

If youre talking about the BxM2 on Weekdays and Saturdays, then its worse, the wait times for the QM15 on Saturdays is an hour, and having two buses together means there was a two hour wait (and the fact that one of the two buses bunched ends up being almost 2 hours late by the tme it reaches Lindenwood.