BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Yeah, so the partition saga continues onto our 9600s and hybrids at Flatbush. Smh

I was the first operator with it today for the RTS installation - 9694. It's a complete different build.

I have photos to follow up when I get a chance.

hem, so they are going to install them on the 9600s... It did seem like they haven't added more partitions for some time now. I still think most of the buses should have them. For the RTSs, maybe have even some of the 9500s equipped with the partitions.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, so the partition saga continues onto our 9600s and hybrids at Flatbush. Smh

I was the first operator with it today for the RTS installation - 9694. It's a complete different build.

I have photos to follow up when I get a chance.

What are these partitions?? Whats bad about them?

Listen, I'm not a fan of being boxed in like a caged animal; I enjoy talking to my female passengers, so the partitions are cockblocks.

Lol I always wondered how an op was sposed get a number slipped to them with a partition in the way, guess that's a problem after all!

Listen, I'm not a fan of being boxed in like a caged animal; I enjoy talking to my female passengers, so the partitions are cockblocks.

But don't forget about what happened to Q69 Tony tough.

I hate it when B/O's say you can't film without CDTA's permisson. Bitch please! i was filming at Empire State Plaza, where tens of thousands of people work and the supervisor said NOTHING. I was filming at my school and the supervisor said NOTHING. If you don't want your picture taken, be a man about it anjd say "I don't want my picture taken." Don't act like your not the reason we can't film.

Ah, the buses were good to me today. I missed the S44, but an S59 came a few minutes later. While we were waiting for the light at Castleton Avenue, I saw an S46 pass, but luckily, they got stuck behind a double-parked truck for a minute, and the B/O let me on while she was waiting. Going back, there were 2 S44s coming together, so the buses played leapfrog and everybody got where they were going a couple of minutes faster.

Okay, so here's those cockblocks:

7369828786_32d613dd1c_b.jpg

Orion NG #4240

7184592779_e9e16a4d48_b.jpg

I got a question... How comfortable are those seats? I sat in one years ago when I was a kid when my uncle let me sit in the B/Os' seat and I can't recall what the seat felt like but I always see some B/Os put stuff in the seat to make them more comfortable I guess but only on the local buses. Are the seats for the B/Os different on various buses?

This afternoon I saw an S59 and then a couple of minutes later, 3 S44s. I doubt they were trippers because this was about 4:45PM. Well, at least I caught one (I missed the S59, and one of the S44s passed Monsey Place because there was another one right behind him. I think the third one pulled over and waited, since there's no point in having 4 buses and then nothing for 15 minutes.

I got a question... How comfortable are those seats? I sat in one years ago when I was a kid when my uncle let me sit in the B/Os' seat and I can't recall what the seat felt like but I always see some B/Os put stuff in the seat to make them more comfortable I guess but only on the local buses. Are the seats for the B/Os different on various buses?

Well the hybrids are a lot more comfortable especially with the room given for the operator's area opposed to the RTS' where you're a bit more closer to the steering wheel. NGs are always my preference in terms of comfort and operation, but that's just me. I've had some RTS seats that were stone cold flat - feel like you're sitting on reinforced card board. Not fun, at all.

Went by the construction site formerly known as MCH today, and it looks like they are making really good progress. They are already starting to put up the brick panels. I don't think It's gonna be finished in December like they want but it might be done January or February of 2013.

I find the RTS seats to be the most uncomfortable (there's actually a D60hf with one in it; 5502...that one is on my avoid list lol). Every other model in the fleet has Recaro seats...unfortunately some of them have seen better days I especially hate the ones that lean to one side smh lol

--

Regarding the LFSA's they will get louder in time the 1200's sound a lot louder than they did when first delivered. I had 5778 today and along with quite a few other 5770's you can hear the BOV from turbo going off now unfortunately its not as loud as the sound produced by the Orion V CNG's.

Busfan problems: :P

LFSA1stworld.png

Of course, I always hear an RTS, or a C40LF, or an Orion VII...

Yeh but as technology advances the buses get quieter imagine in 2015 buses won't even be heard except for the when the bus starts or overheats

BTW that lady has a nice face :)