MCI D4500CT Demonstration Bus 59654D & More....

Cait Sith

Great catch Cait! Somebody found they "ghost" MCI.....that thing is HOT! If the MTA does order more 4500CTs, I hope they spring for the appearance package like the demo.

Hell yeah, I agree. If they did get the appearance package, that would be the best thing. If the MCIs came with white LEDs(which it wont happen).....I'd be finished!

Top Shelf goods right there! :cool:

Great catch Cait! Somebody found they "ghost" MCI.....that thing is HOT! If the MTA does order more 4500CTs, I hope they spring for the appearance package like the demo.

That would be waaaaay to good to be true! But then again, the way things are going these days.......

Damn i really hate you ! lol , this bus is out of spring creek depot its a Mci D4500ct with a cummings isx 11.9 liter , 425hp with a allison B500 tranny . Since they dont make caterpillar C-13 transmissions anymore they will use a cummings isx , when the prevost are distributed i will not like them , those arent made for transporting customers back and forth , those are road trip buses . Transit should go back to mci , IMO mci makes the best buses . I would really like more buses with a Caterpillar C-13 transmission but unfourtuantley they dont have them anymore :) .

Damn i really hate you ! lol , this bus is out of spring creek depot its a Mci D4500ct with a cummings isx 11.9 liter , 425hp with a allison B500 tranny . Since they dont make caterpillar C-13 transmissions anymore they will use a cummings isx , when the prevost are distributed i will not like them , those arent made for transporting customers back and forth , those are road trip buses . Transit should go back to mci , IMO mci makes the best buses . I would really like more buses with a Caterpillar C-13 transmission but unfourtuantley they dont have them anymore :) .

you know that the caterpillar c-13 is an engine, not a transmission right? and MCI's weren't intended for use as a mass transit bus. No OTR coach is intentionally made for that purpose, but TA makes it work. just like they are going to do with the X3-45's that are coming from prevost

]Damn i really hate you ! lol ' date=' this bus is out of spring creek depot its a Mci D4500ct with a cummings isx 11.9 liter , 425hp with a allison B500 tranny .[/b'] Since they dont make caterpillar C-13 transmissions anymore they will use a cummings isx , when the prevost are distributed i will not like them , those arent made for transporting customers back and forth , those are road trip buses . Transit should go back to mci , IMO mci makes the best buses . I would really like more buses with a Caterpillar C-13 transmission but unfourtuantley they dont have them anymore :) .

Lets not stick to that conclusion, as of late, the bus has been going from depot to depot. I'm gonna figure this out later

Oh, and FYI, the Caterpillar C-13s are ENGINES, not TRANSMISSIONS! The transmissions are Allison B-500Rs!

Lets not stick to that conclusion, as of late, the bus has been going from depot to depot. I'm gonna figure this out later

Oh, and FYI, the Caterpillar C-13s are ENGINES, not TRANSMISSIONS! The transmissions are Allison B-500Rs!

My Bad , I just found out that mta was testing this bus , yes im very late .

you know that the caterpillar c-13 is an engine, not a transmission right? and MCI's weren't intended for use as a mass transit bus. No OTR coach is intentionally made for that purpose, but TA makes it work. just like they are going to do with the X3-45's that are coming from prevost

When the prevost come i dont think i will like them , well i might . Ive never ridden on a prevost before . The demo for that is supposed to come in june right?

It appears as if it will be making it's rounds as the TA is actively in talks with MCI.

My Bad , I just found out that mta was testing this bus , yes im very late .

When the prevost come i dont think i will like them , well i might . Ive never ridden on a prevost before . The demo for that is supposed to come in june right?

I actually like it! I got a chance to check out the demo that ran out of CAS and YON a few years back. It has a Volvo D13 engine that's pretty smooth. I like MCI's as well, but I also like the Prevost. I've been on a few of them, and they seem to be a cut above the MCI's.

Either way, don't fret. We will definitely be getting more new MCI's soon enough! :(

It appears as if it will be making it's rounds as the TA is actively in talks with MCI.

I actually like it! I got a chance to check out the demo that ran out of CAS and YON a few years back. It has a Volvo D13 engine that's pretty smooth. I like MCI's as well, but I also like the Prevost. I've been on a few of them, and they seem to be a cut above the MCI's.

Either way, don't fret. We will definitely be getting more new MCI's soon enough! B)

Our Prevosts are going to look gorgeous, so as long as the MTA takes care of them. As for MCI, I knew we couldn't stay away.

Cait it is at Spring Creek I was on the BM5 and it was going back to the Depot although when I was waiting for the BM5 in Manhattan it turned on to 34th street with no passengers kind of odd so i guess its a testing phase but not in passenger service

Interesting. I didnt see it come downtown again today. I think its making rounds around the city.

Archived