PATH Accident

Amtrak7

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/08/path-train-involved-in-hoboken-accident/

Very vague, the news says that a train has slammed into the bumping block at Hoboken and there are several dozen injuries mostly minor, but some broken bones. Service is suspended to/from HOB.

PA5? I don't know how this might have happened, the speed limit into the station is pretty low.

Not to make a joke out of a serious matter, but not looking good for PATH as of late [33rd St being the last major incident]. I'll stick with the NYC subway as imperfect as it is.

[note: sarcasm, and not dissing PATH, just those that always uses it is an example of something better than the NYC subway]

Ohhhhhh this is really not good.....I really wonder how that happened, I have an idea how....

Sometimes when I see these guys go for the rely at JSQ they step up on out of there and slam the brakes to stop. This one could be a "mechanical failure" too....

Holy carp! I was riding PATH yesterday. I'm glad everyone survived. Actually, yesterday I saw a PA5 almost overrun NWP. (he had to dump to stop). kinda eerie that I could likely have been on the train that crashed if the trip I attended was today!

Theres this one guy I know that works with path and watching operate makes me question path. And its not just him. Path T/Os or Engineers or whatever you want to call them are reckless and seem too loose. NYCT T/Os are more focused. I still like path.

And to add to Pablos statment path guys do go crazy when leaving Jsq. The problem could be mechanical but the guy in control of the train should know if something is wrong before something happens. Now maybe he could have got a false brake reading and if that was the case then he shouldnt have been flying to begin with. As you peeps know all trains operate differently such as a "fast train" along with wheel slipping on wet tracks. And looking at those pics looks like it was raining. T/O error imo tho I could be totally wrong and could have been a mechanical problem.

Now onto the train at 33rd that T/O had to have been moving nice.

My PATH ride was fine last night , but the LRt was scary....shaking and jerking....it was not normal. It sounded like parts were scrappy each other..... The PATH system is falling apart , they just started upgrading the tracks last year and stations. The Hoboken Station ironically is first , but not much is being done just the entrances replaced. The Harrison and Journal SQ stations will be replaced later this decade with a glass station.... But that probably wouldn't solve this issue. The system needs to be closed overnight for 2 nights and things need to tested to the max and fixed...

Those PA-5s have to have a bug.

The 1st line of defense is the t/o. Bugs are the cost of trains being put together too fast in other words being built too fast.

The problem with mass fleets is being built too fast. If the train is speeding and the damage clearly shows it then what bug was it? The only bug is the t/o. Now that PA5 looks like it was on a relay point and should have been following speed limits. Just my opinion.

After seeing pics of the train involved and the destroyed bumper block and crumbled platform, it has to be the engineers fault. And say even if the brakes did fail or something, if he was obeying the speed limit, there wouldn't have been much damage. That guy is in some really hot water...

My PATH ride was fine last night , but the LRt was scary....shaking and jerking....it was not normal. It sounded like parts were scrappy each other..... The PATH system is falling apart , they just started upgrading the tracks last year and stations. The Hoboken Station ironically is first , but not much is being done just the entrances replaced. The Harrison and Journal SQ stations will be replaced later this decade with a glass station.... But that probably wouldn't solve this issue. The system needs to be closed overnight for 2 nights and things need to tested to the max and fixed...

or else nother EPIC FAIL like this would happen!!!! PATH is good but it needs upgrading

Archived