MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-05-56Packet-4_pdf.png.5e28c4b54da8263b2da64ac256cf0d1b.png

So, this isn't completely official yet, as it's pending FTA approval, but Green Mountain Transit up in Vermont is planning to transfer 7 2013 MCI D4500CTs over to NYCT. These buses have not been used in service for some time. I can definitely see Castleton getting all 7 of these.

There is a pretty good chance that these will also be in the new scheme, just completely wrapped. Whether or not the signs or the alcoas will remain will be up for debate(they'll likely get swapped out).

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-12-19GMTServiceGuidelines170608-DRAFT-NextGen-Transit-Plan-GMT-Service-Guidelines_pdf.png.8dbd1ba6c8712c5b6c4d6b664d3629b9.png

7 buses with no reimbursement fee for approximately 3+ years of service (which will more than likely be more than 3, depending on the depot & runs they run on)

p.s. they previously ran in Vermont of all places. there's no way they're beat to shit. sounds like perfection to me.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

7 buses with no reimbursement fee for approximately 3+ years of service (which will more than likely be more than 3, depending on the depot & runs they run on)

p.s. they previously ran in Vermont of all places. there's no way they're beat to shit. sounds like perfection to me.

Only thing I wonder is how regularly they've been maintained if they haven't seen service in 2-3 years. Any decent operation would have had them moving around a bit, but that's a while to go without regular service. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-05-56Packet-4_pdf.png.5e28c4b54da8263b2da64ac256cf0d1b.png

So, this isn't completely official yet, as it's pending FTA approval, but Green Mountain Transit up in Vermont is planning to transfer 7 2013 MCI D4500CTs over to NYCT. These buses have not been used in service for some time. I can definitely see Castleton getting all 7 of these.

There is a pretty good chance that these will also be in the new scheme, just completely wrapped. Whether or not the signs or the alcoas will remain will be up for debate(they'll likely get swapped out).

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-12-19GMTServiceGuidelines170608-DRAFT-NextGen-Transit-Plan-GMT-Service-Guidelines_pdf.png.8dbd1ba6c8712c5b6c4d6b664d3629b9.png

-edit-
lol to whomever that reported this on Discord.

They look beautiful with Alcoas and TwinVision amber signs. However, something tells me that Charleston might get them. If these buses get approved and delivered, then Charleston could send 7 Prevosts to Castleton to retire the remaining 2008 CTs, and have a slight expansion. However, this is just speculation.

Edited by RSMG106

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

-edit-
lol to whomever that reported this on Discord.

Slightly off topic, is there any update to the AEB coach units? Always thought these would (indirectly) replace the 08 CTs (later replaced by the 2026 prevost)

With the recent news of the possibility of CTS coming to MTA, makes me wonder if they'll be looking into other agencies for the future. But I do wonder.... if we are to get them, would they keep the bus entirely enact like how it is, aside from doing there regular maintenance on them, but simple stuff as the rims and sign, it would be cool to see them running like that but in the blue and gold scheme or white and blue scheme which wouldn't matter to me, but running with those Alcoas man it'd be like the old days (RTS,Orions and D60s).

11 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

With the recent news of the possibility of CTS coming to MTA, makes me wonder if they'll be looking into other agencies for the future. But I do wonder.... if we are to get them, would they keep the bus entirely enact like how it is, aside from doing there regular maintenance on them, but simple stuff as the rims and sign, it would be cool to see them running like that but in the blue and gold scheme or white and blue scheme which wouldn't matter to me, but running with those Alcoas man it'd be like the old days (RTS,Orions and D60s).

I think that the MTA is more likely going to retrofit them in the blue and gold scheme since it's the livery for the current fleet, though I could see why they may opt for the white and blue scheme. Not sure what MTA will do with the signs though; either they're staying or they'll be replaced with signs more commonly used (ex. Luminator Titan).

5 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

They look beautiful with Alcoas and TwinVision amber signs. However, something tells me that Charleston might get them. If these buses get approved and delivered, then Charleston could send 7 Prevosts to Castleton to retire the remaining 2008 CTs, and have a slight expansion. However, this is just speculation.

Ulmer Park needs extra buses since their 2011 prevosts are always crapping out.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, xD4nn said:

Ulmer Park needs extra buses since their 2011 prevosts are always crapping out.

They won't get these MCIs. A bit of training for buses that are technically 3 or so year rentals aint worth it. Better off sending it to depots that are actually trained with them, in this case, basically all of Staten Island.

And Ulmer Park's maintenance has always been on the shifty side when it comes to their express fleet, so it's more or less their own doing.

Edited by Cait Sith

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

They won't get these MCIs. A bit of training for buses that are technically 3 or so year rentals aint worth it. Better off sending it to depots that are actually trained with them, in this case, basically all of Staten Island.

And Ulmer Park's maintenance has always been on the shifty side when it comes to their express fleet, so it's more or less their own doing.

Is there even enough space to accommodate more express buses?

On 3/3/2024 at 7:14 PM, Cait Sith said:

-edit-
lol to whomever that reported this on Discord. Y'all are quick!

2305-2311 if approved. And why are ppl still using Discord? Me personally, I’m against discord or any political supported social media network

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

2305-2311 if approved. And why are ppl still using Discord? Me personally, I’m against discord or any political supported social media network

You think discord is a politically supported social media network? You're definitely out of touch. It's basically Skype or any other messaging platform for gamers and regular people, nowhere close to being a social media network of any kind. I don't know how you're against something you know nothing about.

As for the numbers, they may be the ones you mentioned, but let's not make any assumptions.

Edited by Cait Sith

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

That’s the problem. The fleet deployment plans keep changing, it’s becoming annoying. 

I’m sure that LGA is getting 41 and JFK is getting 42, that’s why bus 9313 arrived so that it can starts JFK’s assignments (I hope so)

LGA: 9272-9312 (41 buses)

JFK: 9313-9354 (42 buses => split 21)

EC: 9355-9378 (33 buses)

These could be the number assignments but take that with a grain of salt, also I hope my counting is correct lmao 

Also… (I’m gonna  just assume so don’t take this seriously) since Novas are almost finished at BP and rolling in JFK, there’s 308 buses in total which depending on how much LGA would get I’d assume it would be a split from the 262 buses (excluding BP) that they would get. JFK would most likely have 9010-914x assignments and then LGA would have 914x or 915x-9271 assignment. But then again MTA loves to play the changing games so I’m going with what I see happening rn 

Edited by JoshTheScrub

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, lornaevo said:

I’m hoping CP gets some new locals soon. The C40LF are pretty beat up. 

CP is not getting anything new at least for the next two years. No CNGs on order

On 3/5/2024 at 1:17 PM, T J Trainman said:

That’s the problem. The fleet deployment plans keep changing, it’s becoming annoying. 

18 hours ago, JoshTheScrub said:

I’m sure that LGA is getting 41 and JFK is getting 42, that’s why bus 9313 arrived so that it can starts JFK’s assignments (I hope so)

LGA: 9272-9312 (41 buses)

JFK: 9313-9354 (42 buses => split 21)

EC: 9355-9378 (33 buses)

These could be the number assignments but take that with a grain of salt, also I hope my counting is correct lmao 

Also… (I’m gonna  just assume so don’t take this seriously) since Novas are almost finished at BP and rolling in JFK, there’s 308 buses in total which depending on how much LGA would get I’d assume it would be a split from the 262 buses (excluding BP) that they would get. JFK would most likely have 9010-914x assignments and then LGA would have 914x or 915x-9271 assignment. But then again MTA loves to play the changing games so I’m going with what I see happening rn 

I'm not sure where that info came from, but as per the current deployment sheet, the allotment is still as follows, and has not been changed:

LGA (40), JFK (42), ECH (34). 

Edited by Novabus 5000

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

I'm not sure where that info came from, but as per the current deployment sheet, the allotment is still as follows, and has not been changed:

LGA (40), JFK (42), ECH (34). 

The information was from my assumption. interesting how it’s 40 and not 41 for LGA and 34 not 33 for ECH maybe my math was wrong idk but yeah that’s from my assumption for now. And I know it’s not good to assume that’s why I said take it with a grain of salt 

Edited by JoshTheScrub