MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

2 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

Not going back and forth bro my intel is always internal , I mixed it with simple logic and some how it seem to happen most times 🤷🏾..

SB off topic I told a member on here about 179 coming to the (H) and now it’s a full time thing..

It's not even that serious...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* 9272, 9277, 9278, and 9279 are present at the JFK vendor. Waiting to be delivered to LGA. Once they are at the depot, they will be around 10 units present at said location. 

* Also, Eastchester has completed their XD-40 order that started around October 2023 up to now February 2024.  With the exception of one unit, 9354 that's subject to change. 

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

So they changed the assignment to 33 buses for EC?

They did have a total of 30 units back then as Next Gens as their main local fleet. Gained 3 buses extra. But from the post, it's a yes. 

14 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

Yes.  43 to LGA 20 to JFK/FR each.  As always, subject to change. 

Basically, 40 in total. Although, the units rotate between the two (it may not be 20/20 but whatever is sent to FR as they also have LFS Novas in their pool) but still marked as JFK. 

Edited by Calvin

23 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

Correct but as always with the MTA, they change their minds multiple times a day, I would not be surprised at all if 9272-9354 all go to LGA at this point. Due to parts consolidations.

Well as of yesterday the deployment on the XDs is still 42 JFK, 40 LGA, 34 ECH. 

On 2/20/2024 at 1:19 PM, T J Trainman said:

ECH is complete. 9354 is going to JFK/FR 

I'll go out on a limb here about 9354.

How do we know that 9354 is a training bus at JFK/FR for the operators and maintenance personnel?  When they get their allotment in, maybe they'll keep it, or maybe they'll send it to Eastchester?

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

41 minutes ago, JoshTheScrub said:

Eastchester getting electric buses in the future is interesting… I wonder how that would work out 

They've been slated for a few years now to get electric local buses. They were supposed to get the 25 Electric Bus order for MTA Bus, but that's been postponed several times now.

1 minute ago, Brillant93 said:

What's the Flatbush depot renovations gonna be about? I'm curious? 

Looks like renovating the whole depot if the map legend is anything to go by.

From the map, it looks like the (MTA) wants to have electric buses at Gleason, Ulmer Park, Jamaica, ENY, Grand, KB, Gun Hill, Eastchester, QV and Hale.

Personally, this map is just PR talk to me so it can make congestion pricing more acceptable to politicians and the general public. I don't really have a strong opinion on it as I haven't kept up with it as much as I should.

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

9313 and 9314 are present at JFK vendor. It may be assigned for JFK (shared with local routes out of FR). 

Omg this is exciting, jfk and fr finally keeping up with the times 🥹

I will be waiting on them to appear 🙏🏾

2 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

It makes no sense here either as both those buses have NOT been retired or scrapped. They were only OOS and not off the internal roster.

If not in the Fleet thread, then where? Just random thoughts? I thought it should concern at least the Fleet and Depots thread, just saying that this bus may be oos for awhile due to damage. 

Posted (edited)

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-05-56Packet-4_pdf.png.5e28c4b54da8263b2da64ac256cf0d1b.png

So, this isn't completely official yet, as it's pending FTA approval, but Green Mountain Transit up in Vermont is planning to transfer 7 2013 MCI D4500CTs over to NYCT. These buses have not been used in service for some time. I can definitely see Castleton getting all 7 of these.

There is a pretty good chance that these will also be in the new scheme, just completely wrapped. Whether or not the signs or the alcoas will remain will be up for debate(they'll likely get swapped out).

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-12-19GMTServiceGuidelines170608-DRAFT-NextGen-Transit-Plan-GMT-Service-Guidelines_pdf.png.8dbd1ba6c8712c5b6c4d6b664d3629b9.png

-edit-
lol to whomever that reported this on Discord. Y'all are quick!

Edited by Cait Sith

14 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-05-56Packet-4_pdf.png.5e28c4b54da8263b2da64ac256cf0d1b.png

So, this isn't completely official yet, as it's pending FTA approval, but Green Mountain Transit up in Vermont is planning to transfer 7 2013 MCI D4500CTs over to NYCT. These buses have not been used in service for some time. I can definitely see Castleton getting all 7 of these.

There is a pretty good chance that these will also be in the new scheme, just completely wrapped. Whether or not the signs or the alcoas will remain will be up for debate(they'll likely get swapped out).

Screenshot2024-03-03at19-12-19GMTServiceGuidelines170608-DRAFT-NextGen-Transit-Plan-GMT-Service-Guidelines_pdf.png.8dbd1ba6c8712c5b6c4d6b664d3629b9.png

MTA Bus we’ll probably be the recipients EC or CP