Out of Date Sign..

pjbr40

i found an out of date sign that must been hidden from other sign. i saw a 9 on the sign at 34 street 7 ave express track over the stairwells. i took a picture of it as well. if you looking for it it the stair that is near the front of the bronx bound side and the back of the brooklyn side.( the stair closer to 42 street.)

Like Mysterious2train said, it's not all that surprising. Most of the sign changes are just the placement of stickers with or without the new routes/destinations printed on them, depending on the location and service changes. Over time, those stickers either fall off because the adhesive wears off or because someone vandalized the signs. Then there are the cases where the signs simply weren't updated in the first place.

I've seen <5>s on Nostrand Ave, (9)s on Broadway-7th Ave and even a few old service patterns, like the late night (6) to 125 St at Westchester Sq. Just like the outdated announcements on a few of the trains, they're annoying little quirks about the subway system, but what are you going to do about them?

I like outdated signs, just like the Hunts Point Ave station pointing out a free transfer to the old Bx54. There are more, such as the old (Q6Av) via 6th Av/Brighton Express signage found in one Brooklyn station (forgot where), the nocturnal (6) to 125 St as Lance mentioned, the (J)/(Z) skipping Bowery rush hours (Gordon aka 4P3607 knows where he spotted that), etc.

I like outdated signs, just like the Hunts Point Ave station pointing out a free transfer to the old Bx54. There are more, such as the old (Q6Av) via 6th Av/Brighton Express signage found in one Brooklyn station (forgot where), the nocturnal (6) to 125 St as Lance mentioned, the (J)/(Z) skipping Bowery rush hours (Gordon aka 4P3607 knows where he spotted that), etc.

(I hope the (MTA) doesn't see this post lol)

the following places:

(Q6Av) at Park Place (S)

(6) to 125 at Westchester Sq SB

old (J) sign at 104 St SB.

@ the (MTA): If you see this post and change these signs a disaster beyond your imagination will occur ;):P.

the following places:

(Q6Av) at Park Place (S)

@ the (MTA): If you see this post and change these signs a disaster beyond your imagination will occur ;):P.

What would a sign for the (Q6Av) (or (Q) for that matter) be doing at Park Place (S)?

Signs on the Franklin Ave shuttle platforms either say to Franklin Av-Fulton St (C) or Prospect Park (;)/(Q) (or whatever it said when the sign was last updated).

• 3 months later...
Some of the overhead boards at 34th St Penn Station (A)(C)(E) on the middle (A) platform still say that the (A) runs local in Brooklyn outside of Rush Hour... just like the 80s!
Yep, this is how it reads (as of today).

Downtown & Bklyn

via 8 Ave Express

(A) To Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway. PM rush hours

also to Rockaway Park. Evenings and weekends, local in Bklyn.

Late nights (A)

stops at local track.

I saw a exit sign at the West Farms Sq East Tretmont Station that said Westchester Av as an Exit. I think it belongs at the Westchester Sq-East Tretmont Station instead
I thought I was dreaming when I saw that sign last Saturday.

I had seen one for the (Q6Av) on the Brooklyn bus map when the B3K was running to fill in for a closed brighton station. It Says "... it runs between Kings Highway (:P(Q6Av) and..."

Just Pointing it out.

to the OP, I know that sign all to well... I find it funny they still haven't changed it yet (its been like that damn near over a year now). Some more i noticed...

-At Broad Channel outside at the main entrance, ofe of the 2 signs out there has a blue (S)

-There's a bunch of (Mx), (V), and (W) letters still showing

-At 125 St on the (A)(B)(C)(D), for some reason, there's a blue (;) showing

-At Coney Island, there's a (Q6Av) showing on one of the platforms

-At Sutphin, Parsons, and 169 St on the (F), the platform signs to 179 St are pretty much the same untouched ones from the early 90s

-At West 4 St, somewhere on the mezzanine, you can see the outline of the (K)

the following places:

(Q6Av) at Park Place (S)

@ the (MTA): If you see this post and change these signs a disaster beyond your imagination will occur B):P.

You bet they maybe watching.

But regardless, the MTA is too slow to take things down or make changes. It ill cost em some $$$. ;)

Theres a (Q6Av) at Prospect Pk... Its on that LED signs that is always talking about pickpockets, displays <-- Manhattan Bound or <-- Train Train --> . Its at the entrance to Lincoln Road.

Another (Q6Av) at Park Place (as I already stated). it says <-- (C) (;)(Q6Av) -->.

Even though the signs are new, at Main St-Flushing the signs still say QBx1.

@FP: The Blue (B) has been covered up and the (Q6Av) has been taken down and been replaced by one of those signs like Brighton Local has as his avatar.

Theres a (Q6Av) at Prospect Pk... Its on that LED signs that is always talking about pickpockets, displays <-- Manhattan Bound or <-- Train Train --> . Its at the entrance to Lincoln Road.

Another (Q6Av) at Park Place (as I already stated). it says <-- (C) (;)(Q6Av) -->.

Even though the signs are new, at Main St-Flushing the signs still say QBx1.

@FP: The Blue (B) has been covered up and the (Q6Av) has been taken down and been replaced by one of those signs like Brighton Local has as his avatar.

I'm pretty sure its still there as I was just at that station last week

Archived