FASTRACK Subway Repair Discussion

6 Lexington Ave

During Fast Track does the MTA lay on extra trains on the adjacent lanes to compensate for the increased loads?

Does the MTA consider that the peak load point may be somewhere other than the designated station at different times?

I don't believe so. It's late at night (10pm-5am)so there is no concern about peak loading points. All alternate routes have ample capacity.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe so. It's late at night (10pm-5am)so there is no concern about peak loading points. All alternate routes have ample capacity.

I thought Fast Track included midday closures, maybe I'm just mis-remembering some regular G.Os.

Edited by Jsunflyguy

I thought Fast Track included midday closures, maybe I'm just mis-remembering some regular G.Os.

There were some daytime weekend fastracks on the D and N in Brooklyn

Using Tapatalk

The (1) FASTRACK for 2 weeks from now is posted.

-(1) South Ferry to 148 St (3). Skip 145 in both directions.

-(1) Dyckman to 242 St. Downtown skip 207 St.

-Bus: 96 to 168, all stops

-Bus: 168, 181, 191

-Bus: Dyckman (A) to Dyckman (1)

Hopefully those heading north of 168 use the (A) and not that bus.

does anyone know if they keep the extra lights hanging on the tunnel wall after the fasttrack for the week is done? i figure with all these fasttrak and GO, they would hang it up once and leave it there forever to save time and money.also keep the frustration down on both public and (MTA) employee.

here the thought. During the QBL Fastrak, the ® will end service early in Queens, Now the Montague St tunnel is closed, who gonna replace the Broadway line to Whitehall? i think it will be closed between Canal st and Whitehall and do fasttrak there as well at same time. 

here the thought. During the QBL Fastrak, the ® will end service early in Queens, Now the Montague St tunnel is closed, who gonna replace the Broadway line to Whitehall? i think it will be closed between Canal st and Whitehall and do fasttrak there as well at same time. 

There is no service there in the evenings as the (R) is just a Bay Ridge shuttle at night and the (N) and (D) trains go over the bridge. On weekends all trains use the Bridge because of the the tunnel work so there really isn't going to be a "change" in service it will be closed as "usual" 

The (1) line fastrack is going to be a barrel of laughs tonight. 

Service Change  Posted: 01/13/2014  4:01PM 

M4M60 and M104 buses are detoured due to ongoing FDNY activity on Broadway between 111 St and 112 St.

Detour is as follows:

M4, M60 and M104 Southbound: Via Broadway, right on 116 St, left on Riverside Dr, left on 111 St into 110 St, right on Broadway and then regular route.

Allow additional travel time.

I work in the area, and this is due to a bank branch that basically burned to the ground - there are structural concerns and Broadway southbound is closed, at least until tomorrow. The shuttle buses are going to have quite ye olde traffic jam to contend with. 

The (1) line fastrack is going to be a barrel of laughs tonight. 

I work in the area, and this is due to a bank branch that basically burned to the ground - there are structural concerns and Broadway southbound is closed, at least until tomorrow. The shuttle buses are going to have quite ye olde traffic jam to contend with. 

Are the (1) trains under slow order?

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_EFMR.htm

The QBL Fastrack is out

M service ends early between 71 Av and Essex St each night.
M shuttle service between Met Av and Myrtle av runs all night
Is service to Essex starting already?

The last fastrack went somewhat smoothly when I dealt with it. They should have signs at Roosevelt Ave pointing to where the (E) and(F)'s are. I went down to the Jamaica bound platform and was greeted to an (E) train leaving, when the (F) I needed was on the Manhattan bound Express Tracks, so I went up and over but missed that train also  :rolleyes:

With this being Super Bowl week, I would have the (3) run to South Ferry all night when FASTRACK is taking place to supplement the (1) at SF.

What on earth does the Super Bowl have to do with overnight service to South Ferry? Does the Super Bowl somehow increase ridership to South Ferry between midnight and 5 am to the point that the 3 trains per hour provided by the 1 are overloaded?

I think not.