6 Lexington Ave

(2)(3) fasttrack details have been released:

2.png service operates in two sections:

1. Between 241 St and 3 Av-149 St, trains from 241 St skip Jackson Av

2. Between 96 St and Flatbush Av

Travel Alternatives TripPlannerPlus_logo_19px.png

shuttle_bus.pngbuses operate along two routes:

Manhattan Shuttle Bus between 3 Av-149 St 2.png and 96 St 1.png2.png,

stopping at 149 St-Grand Concourse 4.png, 145, 135, 125, 116, and 110 Sts.

Bronx Only Shuttle Bus between Jackson Av 2.png and 149 St-Grand Concourse 4.png,

stopping at 3 Av-149 St 2.png.

• Transfer between 2.png trains and shuttle buses at 3 Av-149 St and/or 96 St.

• Transfer between 4.pngtrains and shuttle buses at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

For service to Jackson Av, take the 2.png to 3 Av-149 St where it will become a Wakefield-bound 2.png.

For service from this station, take a free shuttle_bus.png bus.

Manhattan Shuttle Bus Station       Bus Stop 3 Av-149 St  ADA_WhlChr_small.gif  2.png 149 St at Courtlandt Av 149 St-Grand Concourse 4.png 149 St at Grand Concourse 145 St Lenox Av at 145 St 135 St Lenox Av at 135 St 125 St Lenox Av at 125 St 116 St Lenox Av at 116 St 110 St Lenox Av at 111 St 96 St  ADA_WhlChr_small.gif  1.png2.png Broadway at 95 St Bronx Only Shuttle Bus Station       Bus Stop Jackson Av TBD 3 Av-149 St ADA_WhlChr_small.gif 2.png Melrose Av at 150 St 149 St-Grand Concourse 4.png Grand Concourse at 149 St

Notes: No 5.png trains between E 180 St and Bowling Green during this time.

No 3.png trains running during this time.

Poor (5) line always getting knocked out. I wonder why they have to knock the (5)? Maybe it due to the shared track in the tunnel?

Yeah.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night, transferred to the (F) at West 4th St about 9:20PM? Got to Jamaica at 10:45PM.   <_<  :rolleyes:  :angry:  And that's AFTER they decided to send my (F) Express at Roosevelt Ave, and bypassing (E) 's and (F) 's conga'ed on the local track.

Lol, hope you had a nice trip (sarcasm).

It's not even the shut down that's the problem; it's the preparation. Spent about 20 min idling on an (E) at Lex/53 around 9:30pm.

Exactly. They should wait until the conga line at 71st Ave is clear before sending (E) s and (F) s local "north" of Roosevelt. Who's the dispatcher and how do I get their job?

Edited by N6 Limited

Looks like we are done with fastrack this year....

Or so I thought. This is what I found on the fastrack page showing the success or the QBL fastrack:

Our next FASTRACK occurs on the (Q) line in Brooklyn the week of May 4 – 8.

I'm assuming this would be the Brighton line between Atlantic Avenue and Coney Island.

Or maybe between Coney Island and Brighton Beach like the (D)(N) fastrack.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Looks like we are done with fastrack this year....

Or so I thought. This is what I found on the fastrack page showing the success or the QBL fastrack:

I'm assuming this would be the Brighton line between Atlantic Avenue and Coney Island.

Or maybe between Coney Island and Brighton Beach like the (D)(N) fastrack.

I'm assuming that it will be a weekend fastrack since it is going be outdoors work.

I'm assuming that it will be a weekend fastrack since it is going be outdoors work.

May 4-8? Not a weekend.

Now that you mention it, this is the first fastrack done outdoors during the night. Maybe there will be other corridors for this year that involve being outdoors and not on the weekend.

May 4-8? Not a weekend.

Now that you mention it, this is the first fastrack done outdoors during the night. Maybe there will be other corridors for this year that involve being outdoors and not on the weekend.

Sorry I overlooked the dates. It should be interesting to see what kind of work will they do it. Since the (Q) tracks doesn't have gaps that leads down to the street. Possibility focusing on that.

fast track had expanded to august. i noticed that this year fast track is 2 week long on each segment. i wander why they thinking like this

Maybe they realized that 1 week was not enough to do those tasks.

The (Q) fastrack I could see this:

(Q) runs into 2 sections:

1)57th street-7th Ave to Atlantic-Barclays Center (D)(N) station skipping DeKalb Ave.

2)Prospect Park to Stillwell Ave

(B) obviously ends early.

Maybe they realized that 1 week was not enough to do those tasks.

The (Q) fastrack I could see this:

(Q) runs into 2 sections:

1)57th street-7th Ave to Atlantic-Barclays Center (D)(N) station skipping DeKalb Ave.

2)Prospect Park to Stillwell Ave

(B) obviously ends early.

This is why at least one-half of Botanic Garden needs to be re-expanded to handle 600' trains.  Doing that would allow the (Q) to/from Coney Island to at least start there when needed.

That said, how I would handle it:

(Q) Suspended

(N) Operates normal to Coney Island and through Coney Island, replacing the (Q) to Prospect Park.

If necessary, extra (N) trains are added to cover the additional route.

Edited by Wallyhorse

This is why at least one-half of Botanic Garden needs to be re-expanded to handle 600' trains.  Doing that would allow the (Q) to/from Coney Island to at least start there when needed.

That said, how I would handle it:

(Q) Suspended

(N) Operates normal to Coney Island and through Coney Island, replacing the (Q) to Prospect Park.

If necessary, extra (N) trains are added to cover the additional route.

No. I think they did something like this about five or so years ago with N trains running to either Brighton Beach or Kings Hwy on the Brighton line via Stillwell Av. It didn't work well to say the least.

Here is the rundown on the (Q) fastrack. Interesting that the (B) terminates at Barclays center but I'm assume only few (B) trains will terminate there. I noticed that the (Q) skips DeKalb but after 11:30pm it runs local.

Q.png No trains between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Prospect Park

shuttle_bus.png Free shuttle buses provide alternate service
Late Nights, 10 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, May 4 - 8  •  May 11 - 15

Q.png service operates in two sections:
  1. Between 57 St-7 Av and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr
  2. Between Prospect Park and Stillwell Av

shuttle_bus.png buses run between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Prospect Park, stopping at 7 Av.

• Transfer between trains and shuttle_bus.png buses at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr or Prospect Park.

Notes: Q.png trains skip DeKalb Av in both directions from 10 PM to 11:30 PM.
            Take the D.pngN.png or R.png trains instead. Transfer at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr or Canal St.

B.png The last stop for trains from Manhattan is Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr

Late Evenings, beginning 10 PM, Mon to Thu, May 4 - 7  •  May 11 - 14  

No. I think they did something like this about five or so years ago with N trains running to either Brighton Beach or Kings Hwy on the Brighton line via Stillwell Av. It didn't work well to say the least.

Actually, it seems clear-cut how they could have the (N) run as a through train to/from Brighton:

Trains to Brighton stop on the (Q) platform at Coney Island

Trains from Brighton stop on the (N) platform at Coney Island

Seems simple enough.

The (B) BTW can be cut out if it were only going to Prospect Park

This also shows where cutting Botanic Garden back to such a short platform was a bad idea.  Make it at least 300 feet and at least you could have truncated the Franklin (S) by having the (Q) (cut to five cars if 300' platforms) come in on one track and run to Coney Island (allowing those to transfer to the (2) * (3)(4)(5) at BG) while the (S) runs between Botanic Garden and Franklin Avenue.  

Edited by Wallyhorse

I have some service change brochures with the N to Kings Highway. I was sure shocked when I acquired them!

Edited by Union Tpke