Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

I agree with trainman. I was wandering myself too since when the (F) terminate at Forest Hills.

There nothing wrong with the (F) via (N) to Broadway Lafayette unless you are a tourist. It just showing the (F) is splitting up into two different routes till they get to the bridge. They really should say "Some (F) train will run via the (D) or (N) to the Manhattan Bridge"

Edited by pjbr40

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really should say "Some (F) train will run via the (D) or (N) to the Manhattan Bridge"

I think a station name (Broadway-Lafayette) is clearer than a bridge name (Manhattan Bridge).

Here, I'll rewrite the service alert as I would do it:

Delays Posted: 08/15/2012 5:39PM

Due to an ongoing incident at the 36 Street Station (BKLYN), uptown d.png and n.png train service is running with delays at this time.

Delays Posted: 08/15/2012 5:36PM

Following an earlier incident on the Williamsburg Bridge, j.png and m.png service has resumed with residual delays.

Service Change Posted: 08/15/2012 5:21PM

Due to a person requiring medical assistance at the W 8 Street- NY Aquarium Station:

Some Jamaica-179 St bound f.png service is running via the n.png line from Coney Island- Stillwell Avenue to the Broadway Lafayette Station.

Some Jamaica-179 St bound f.png service is running via the d.png line from Coney Island- Stillwell Avenue to the Broadway Lafayette Station.

Please expect delyas on the d.png, f.png and n.png.

Service Change Posted: 08/15/2012 5:03PM

Due to a tree hanging low over tracks at the Newkirk Plaza Station:

Astoria bound q.png train service is running express from the Kings Highway Station to the Prospect Park Station.

b.png service has resumed from the Kings Highway Station to the Bedford Park Blvd Station.

Please expect delays on the b.png, n.png and q.png trains at this time.

Service Change Posted: 08/15/2012 4:55PM

Due to an electrical problem at the 18 Avenue Station, d.png train service is bypassing the 18 Avenue Station at this time.

Please expect delays on d.png train service at this time.

There. Problem solved.

The problem is, the N doesn't serve Broadway-Lafayette St. Ever.

Appropriate service advisory:

Sick customer at W 8 St.

Some Queens-bound F trains are running via the N line between Coney Island and 36 St/4 Av, then via the D line through West 4 St. Other Queens-bound F trains are running via the D line between Coney Island and W 4 St. Regular service resumes after West 4 St.

Look, I get that the folks typing out these advisories are probably getting these service changes in short-hand form from somewhere else (RCC?), but since their job is to convey info to the masses, what they type onto the site (and the 3rd party apps) needs to be understandable and not word salad. They also need to make sure the advisories make sense. Look at the tree-hanging advisory on the Brighton. How does something at Newkirk Plaza make the B have to turn at Kings Hwy, which is, last I checked, south of Newkirk?

Service Change Posted: 08/17/2012 12:12AM

Due to mechanical problems at the DeKalb Avenue Station:

Uptown d.png train service is running on the n.png line from the DeKalb Avenue Station to the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station.

Select Downtown d.png train service will terminate at the 2nd Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the d.png and q.png train service at this time.

Service Change Posted: 08/17/2012 12:12AM

Due to mechanical problems at the DeKalb Avenue Station:

Uptown d.png train service is running on the n.png line from the DeKalb Avenue Station to the 57th Street-7th Avenue Station.

Select Downtown d.png train service will terminate at the 2nd Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the d.png and q.png train service at this time.

And its only Midnight............ How wonderful it is! SMH

Does this remind anyone of something?

Due to a smoke condition at Dekalb Av Station, n.png and q.png trains are running on the r.png line between Dekalb Av Stationand Canal St Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in n.png, q.png and r.png train service at this time.

Not again?! Seriously?! What next the B/D chaos? If this happens again let see how the MTA act this out

Does this remind anyone of something?

Due to a smoke condition at Dekalb Av Station, n.png and q.png trains are running on the r.png line between Dekalb Av Stationand Canal St Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in n.png, q.png and r.png train service at this time.

It was debris on the Manhattan Bridge tracks! Not a smoke condition at DeKalb Avenue. I actually went on the (R) train today, and along the whole line, it said:

"Due to debris on the Manhattan Bridge tracks, Brooklyn-bound & Manhattan-bound (N) and (Q) trains are running via the (R) btwn. DeKalb Avenue & Canal Street."

Newly installed switch goes bad!

Service Change Posted: 08/19/2012 10:15PM

Due to a switch problem at the New Lots Avenue Station, there is no 3.png train service between the Utica Avenue Station and the New Lots Avenue Station at this time.

Can the MTA please fix whatever signal problem there is at DeKalb that has made everyone late for work on the B/Q in the mornings? This has been a recurring issue this month.

I would have been late to work had I not formed the habit of going 30~40 minutes early. I ended up at work 5 minutes early.

Due to a rail condition at the Times Square-42 Street Station, some downtown 1.png trains are running express from the 72 Street Station to the 34 Street-Penn Station.

Please expect delays on the 1.png, 2.png and 3.png trains at this time.

Question: This had been popping up once in while throughout the subway. How or who determined about the rail condition? Is it the Geometry train? If not then who else?

Service Change  Posted: 08/22/2012  7:59AM

Due to someone requiring medical assistance at the Chamber Street Station:

Downtown (2)trains are running on the (5)line from the 149 Street-Grand Concourse Station to the Nevins Street Station.

Downtown (3)trains  terminate at the Chamber Street Station.

Please expect delays on the(2) , (3) and (5)trains at this time. 

Service Change  Posted: 08/22/2012  7:39AM

Due to a police investigation at the Franklin Avenue Station:

Uptown (4)trains are running local from the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station to the Atlantic Avenue Station.

Uptown (5) trains are running local from the Franklin Avenue Station to the Atlantic Avenue Station.

Please expect delays on the(2) , (3)(4) and (5)trains at this time

come on its rush hour.Have mercy for these people getting to work!

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the 96 Street Station:

Some downtown 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from the 149 Street-Grand Concourse Station to the Nevins Street Station.

Downtown 2.png and 3.png trains are running local from the 96 Street Station to the Times Square-42 Street Station.

Please expect delays on the 1.png, 2.png, 3.png and 5.png trains at this time.